Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 03-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #43
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
It all comes down to lifestyle, simple as that. Things change and you can't always have a sports car.

Personally, I prefer to drive mine when the weather is nice, not wet, no snow. I've got a beater and live that 2 car lifestyle. Perhaps in a few years when other life priorities come first, I may have to sell, but until then, she stays!
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #44
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Funny not one person thinks that it has to do with a manual transmission? So the prevailing wisdom is every person is selling the 1LE car because of the stiff suspension and has nothing to do with the manual transmission so I guess when they come out with the automatic version of this car the results should be the same , correct ?
However if people end up keeping the Auto 1LE then maybe it does have something to do with the transmission. time will tell.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #45
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
The forum is also the perfect place to put specialty cars like the 1LE for sale. The percentage of 1LT car owners here is significantly out of proportion to the number of them sold versus all the 1LE's. Forums are never an accurate representation of reality.
This.
When I was into imports, most people in the Acura Integra forum owns either a GSR or Type R (the one with the VTEC) while GSR/Type R only accounts for a much smaller percentage of what is sold.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #46
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
My V6 RS automatic is enough for me 323HP, haven't been over 60 mph yet. It's quite livable and practical. I could see the previous comments, tired of the thrill of shifting and thought they'd track it.

On the side note, still waiting for the market to correct. 4 quarters of downturns is too much!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #47
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
LOL. I think some of you have some reading to do.

If you have a 401K or B and can afford to max out your contributions every year then the economy is great for you. And remember, to make a $40K yearly income from your 401K-B you need $1,000,000 when you retire. Otherwise even if you max out social security that's another $28K @ 66-70 depending on your age right now.

Only 65% of American workers have access to a 401K-B. Out of these less than 10% can afford to max out yearly contributions and many do not use it. So for 10% of us things are going great.

IF the stock market continues to climb. And the experts agree there will be a large correction in the coming year or two. The key here is getting out the day before that happens. It will come back maybe in 5-10 years. Half of the government going to jail makes things even shakier.

In general wages are stagnant and not keeping up with inflation. Besides all this there seems to be a universal trend for companies to squeeze their workers dry for greater profit to benefit that 10% of us. Even white shirts have to fill out a time sheet to measure how much time they spend in the bathroom. kids come out of college owing 100s of thousands of dollars. And 10 years to pay it back. Or else their wages are garnished.

My advice is to get yourself in that 10% if possible. You are at least in the game. The rest of us are screwed. We fight about politics but that is just what the political parties want. The people really running the country live in gated communities. They own both parties.

And the 1% is laughing all the way to the Veyron dealer.

But to stay on topic. SS 1LEs just like ZL1 1LEs are more likely to be put back on the market because they are not a good fit for most people who do not track. It's that simple.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:04 PM   #48
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
And heaven forbid they actually try to daily drive it in the winter.
Ultimately, regardless of SS or SS 1LE you've got the same issue: tires not designed for - and in fact potentially dangerous in - that kind of weather/temperature. The same solution is available for both versions, though, a set of winter tires (which can be had in a narrower width than the stock wheels' - for example the 235 Blizzaks I've got at all 4 corners on my SS right now).
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #49
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Funny not one person thinks that it has to do with a manual transmission? So the prevailing wisdom is every person is selling the 1LE car because of the stiff suspension and has nothing to do with the manual transmission so I guess when they come out with the automatic version of this car the results should be the same , correct ?
However if people end up keeping the Auto 1LE then maybe it does have something to do with the transmission. time will tell.
I think anyone who buys a 1LE wants a manual in the first place. At least in my case, I loved the transmission and it was not the reason I sold it. I in fact replaced it with a 2.0T M6 Camaro. Now, there are differences in the clutch and stick--smoother and easier to shift and actuate the clutch, but the engagement point of the clutch is much closer to the floor on the 3160 manual, meaning you really have to press it all the way to the floor, and then it immediately engages when you start to lift off. But the overall pedal effort is noticeably less. And the shifter is a lot smoother and easier to get into gear.

Quote:
My V6 RS automatic is enough for me 323HP, haven't been over 60 mph yet.
Umm...what?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #50
Sleeks

Drives: None
I am selling mine on the forum right now. Why the forum and why am I selling?
  • Forum members know what a 1LE is. The general public and most non-chevy dealers have no idea.
  • I am going to a four-door, five-passenger car. I daily drive my 1LE and absolutely love it, but as my kids get older it is harder for them to climb out of the back seat. And I drop them off at school every morning.
  • I did a couple track days and I simply can't afford to keep doing them. The cost of the HPDE plus insurance plus consumables are too much with three kids soon to be entering college.
  • I typically get bored of a car after two years and want to try something new. Yes, it is expensive, but that is what I do. My wife always jokes that she is glad I don't think that way about women.

I am more than likely going to pickup a certified Porsche Macan S, so I'll still have something fun.

EDIT: And I would rather sell my car to a forum member than give it to a dealer to markup and sell. Saves me money and should offer a better deal to the buyer of my car as well. And I still love manual transmission cars-that has nothing to do with it. I sold a manual E46 M3 to go a PDK 911 to go to a manual Camaro to go to a PDK Macan....I am guessing my next car will be a manual and then back to a PDK....lol

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #51
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
The answer is simple...

Take every reason listed in this thread, add in about 50 more that have not come up yet and there you go.

The truth is nobody knows why any car ends up on the used market so fast. It is not just the 1LE, most sports cars end up on the used market quickly. The 1LE is a mass produced car.

Sports cars are not basic transportation. Cars that are kept a long time are the Honda Civics/Accords, Toyota Prius's of the world.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:11 PM   #52
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
It’s a sports car

/thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #53
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeks View Post
I daily drive my 1LE and absolutely love it, but as my kids get older it is harder for them to climb out of the back seat. And I drop them off at school every morning.

This is awesome! I'm doing the same with my kids with my 1 series, they're just starting in elementary school, so i figure i can have a camaro for a few years!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #54
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Life and family changes. It’s no secret why Me and my wife strategically have set up our lives to NOT have kids. I’ll always drive a sports car because the only thing going in there is my wife and my dogs if need be. I want to go from a V6 to a ZL1 and some people think the SS is too much? Yikes!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #55
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
The 1LE is what the Z/28 should have been. It’s a NA track pack that costs a bit more but not Corvette money. 1LE doesn’t say anything about the car and only fanboys know that it humiliates Mustangs on the track. The only thing about it to most people is the black hood.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #56
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
probably because they got it figured out they never gonna track it and got something else instead lol no idea?
yes, life changes, spring is a good time to sell, etc
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote