Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #99
Shanne69

Drives: Drive 2016 2LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
good to hear. ..and as long as you and your wife likes it, that's all that it matters really. 50K stickers shouldn't surprise me anymore as that seems to be the middle average point for vehicles now days, just a hard pill to swallow I guess.
You’re right... the most I’ve spent was just under 40K but it gave me what I wanted. We’ll see how creatively I can slide into this thing.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #100
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Again, hawk02's RS is pretty much one of the top trims, either RS or Premier, with almost all of the bells and whistles. You can get a lightly optioned V6 FWD Blazer for around $35k with around $40k on the top end if you want more options.

I will admit one thing most GM vehicles lack is standard features when you compare to the competition. I think this kills sales as brands like Honda offer safety features(blind spot, cross traffic, lane keep, adaptive cruise control, etc.) and heated seats to name a few, as standard options while most GM vehicles require some convenience package or technology package for such features, which drives me NUTS!!! But again if you can wait a few months, GM vehicles do offer some attractive offers/discounts that they run from time to time which helps offsets some of those added costs.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #101
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
A Fully loaded blazer should not be 50K. There is no reasonable explanation for this. The technology is nothing special, it's not big, it doesn't get amazing gas mileage, not an amazing engine in it. Fully loaded this is a mid to high 30K vehicle in my opinion. I love the look of the RS, but I don't get how you can't feel ripped off walking out paying over 50K for this thing.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #102
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
A Fully loaded blazer should not be 50K. There is no reasonable explanation for this. The technology is nothing special, it's not big, it doesn't get amazing gas mileage, not an amazing engine in it. Fully loaded this is a mid to high 30K vehicle in my opinion. I love the look of the RS, but I don't get how you can't feel ripped off walking out paying over 50K for this thing.
If you compare the competition, the Blazer is priced competitively. A Ford Edge ST with similar features as my Blazer has an MSRP of $50,425. The Nissan Murano Platinum AWD prices out at $47,555.

It seems the market for a loaded 5 passenger crossover SUV is sitting in the high 40s low 50s range.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:04 PM   #103
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
The price is very comparable to the Edge ST that I priced out. The Blazer’s interior is much nicer than the Edge’s and in my opinion the Blazer looks sharper. Within the next year I’ll be buying the RS.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:23 AM   #104
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
If you compare the competition, the Blazer is priced competitively. A Ford Edge ST with similar features as my Blazer has an MSRP of $50,425. The Nissan Murano Platinum AWD prices out at $47,555.

It seems the market for a loaded 5 passenger crossover SUV is sitting in the high 40s low 50s range.

I guess I'm really just thinking of it from the Cherokee point in which I get a fully loaded Cherokee for ~35K. My disappointment here comes from the fact I was looking to trade for one of these because I really like the look, but if I'm going 50K, I'm just going to go with a Tahoe instead, but quite frankly, if my other 2nd car is 50K, I'm getting a used 25-30K SUV instead and getting a ZL1 lol.

Regardless, the RS is f'n gorgeous in my opinion.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:11 AM   #105
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
Honda Passport Elite is $44k. AWD standard. Think the blazer looks better and they usually discount chevys more, but not right now when they first come out. Honda has started discounting more now, at least for cars. My accord was stickered at over $26k and i got it for $25k with tax (7.5%) OTD. Honda resale crushes chevy most of the time and Hondas are mostly built in the USA.

This isn't dogging posters ride, I think its sweet, would just like chevy to come down a little more or build more in USA. Just an opinion.
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:02 AM   #106
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
The only downside is it’s built in Mexico. So I’m out of luck.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #107
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftenimitated View Post
Honda Passport Elite is $44k. AWD standard. Think the blazer looks better and they usually discount chevys more, but not right now when they first come out. Honda has started discounting more now, at least for cars. My accord was stickered at over $26k and i got it for $25k with tax (7.5%) OTD. Honda resale crushes chevy most of the time and Hondas are mostly built in the USA.

This isn't dogging posters ride, I think its sweet, would just like chevy to come down a little more or build more in USA. Just an opinion.
Price will come down eventually.

My three cars I currently have were all bought new, and I've needed more warranty work on my Camaro in 2500 miles, than The Honda with 3/27k miles and Mazda with the 3/36k miles, combined. The Honda was just a faulty battery, the Mazda armrest latch broke. Camaro had the fuel rail covers lose their paint, the door sill trim letters raise up, and now the A8 shudder. Not to mention the nav screen was rattling a lot which I fixed myself, and the door rubbing on the door jam paint, waiting on that one, pick your battles type thing. All that makes me wonder how any new products are going to hold up.

I like the Blazer's and was interested when announced, best looking CUV IMO, but sure I can get one for 6-8 k off in a few months if I needed to replace a car, and the Camaro sure isn't inspiring confidence. A fun to drive car only matters if it's lasts long enough to drive it enough. For everyone interested in them, remember it's basically an Acadia, right, short wheelbase C1? Locally I can find Denali's at over 10k off(3 at one dealer, MSRP 49500, sale price 39,100). Doubt it will be too long once they start filling lots before the discounts roll.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 02-05-2019 at 11:22 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #108
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
What’s the thread about again?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #109
ChaosCC

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Nice! The body style is awesome...and great color. Congrats!
"without chaos . . . nothing can evolve!"
ChaosCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #110
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I sat in one of these at a car show. The interior feels very close to a Camaro in both a good and bad way. The fit and finish is nice, but the interior space is surprisingly small for how big the exterior of the car is. Things were angled such that my arm was being crushed in. Maybe the seat was just not in the best position, but I also noticed when opening the doors that there's some majorly thick paneling. I haven't seen any complaints about this in reviews yet. On a positive note, I bet it'll do well in crash ratings.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #111
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
It's nice but made in Mexico. This one had nice leather with red stitching. I should have taken pics of the interior. It needs bigger brakes. With 20" wheels the brakes are tiny 1 pistons off a small car. That's a 19 ZL1
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:08 PM   #112
1fujifilm

Drives: 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
One big problem; MEGA DEPRECIATION IN A FEW YEARS; not my cup of tea.

Bear
1fujifilm is offline   Reply With Quote