Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Help with CEL

Okay so I took my car in for the 30,000 mile service at 35,990 miles so what ever they found they could fix under warranty. Two days later I got a CEL. During the service they performed a complete TB cleaning, pistons EVERYTHING. Never had a CEL EVER until the service. I've taken it back twice it just came on again!!!!!. They claim they did a system calibration. And found nothing at all. So this time I see this symbol as described in the video, is it the parking brake????? Welp the video wont show but it's a pic of a wrench next to a letter p with a circle around it. Is that parking brake??
Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Okay so I took my car in for the 30,000 mile service at 35,990 miles so what ever they found they could fix under warranty. Two days later I got a CEL. During the service they performed a complete TB cleaning, pistons EVERYTHING. Never had a CEL EVER until the service. I've taken it back twice it just came on again!!!!!. They claim they did a system calibration. And found nothing at all. So this time I see this symbol as described in the video, is it the parking brake????? Welp the video wont show but it's a pic of a wrench next to a letter p with a circle around it. Is that parking brake??
When it was at the dealer the light was on, or they couldn't duplicate it?
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Look in page 124 in owners manual.

Instruments and Controls
Service Electric Parking
Brake Light

The service electric parking brake light should come on briefly when starting the vehicle. If it does not come on, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer.

If this light stays on, there is a problem with a system on the vehicle that is causing the parking brake system to work at a reduced level. The vehicle can still be driven,
but should be taken to a dealer as soon as possible. See Electric Parking Brake > 232.
If a message displays in the Driver Information Center (DIC), see Brake System Messages > 135..
Attached Images

Last edited by nancygrl; 07-18-2018 at 01:15 PM.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
"The service electric parking brake light should come on briefly when starting the vehicle. If it does not come on, have the vehicle serviced by your dealer."

This is pretty funny...if something you probably don't even notice at startup doesn't happen.
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote