Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
Fluff

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray Meta
Injector issues.

Hello dealership tells me I need two injectors replaced for my 2017 2ss. Unfortunately they are charging me since fuel has to deal with emissions and my 3yr/36k mi warranty is done. So so I'm looking at buying all of the injectors. So If I purchase the LT4 injectors will they cause any issues or will I be okay? Or should I not bother, and buy LT1 injectors. I plan on doing upgrades. All I have is rotofab Cai dry, and mishi catchcan. A y help is appreciated
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I thought "emissions" were covered longer under federal laws. For more information, see “How to Determine the Applicable Emissions Control Systems Warranty” under Emission Control System Warranty in your Chevrolet Limited Warranty booklet for more information.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-arti...verlooked.html
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Hello dealership tells me I need two injectors replaced for my 2017 2ss. Unfortunately they are charging me since fuel has to deal with emissions and my 3yr/36k mi warranty is done. So so I'm looking at buying all of the injectors. So If I purchase the LT4 injectors will they cause any issues or will I be okay? Or should I not bother, and buy LT1 injectors. I plan on doing upgrades. All I have is rotofab Cai dry, and mishi catchcan. A y help is appreciated
Pretty sure injectors are covered under powertrain warranty, why would that change because it "has to do with emissions"? Might wanna go to a different dealer before you fork out the money.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Fluff

Yeah that's what I thought, I still have my 60kMi/5yr power train, I know because I used to work there. The second closest dealership is a little shy of an hour away. I'm not sure how I feel about leaving my car somewhere in a nother town.. so I'm going to look at that link, just wanted to respond to y'all, but yes it sounds to me like they are trying to screw me. Now do y'all know if Installing LT4 injectors is fine or will I have to tune or will they not work since I don't have a LT4 hpfp?
Old 10-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #5
RyanR623

Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought, I still have my 60kMi/5yr power train, I know because I used to work there. The second closest dealership is a little shy of an hour away. I'm not sure how I feel about leaving my car somewhere in a nother town.. so I'm going to look at that link, just wanted to respond to y'all, but yes it sounds to me like they are trying to screw me. Now do y'all know if Installing LT4 injectors is fine or will I have to tune or will they not work since I don't have a LT4 hpfp?
There is no need for LT4 injectors unless you plan on adding a power adder. Heck the LT1 fuel system is still good enough for some 'chargers with low boost. It's close though. You would see no benefit unless you add the air to justify more fuel.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
You will need a tune if you decide to run LT4 injectors.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
That is BS...fuel injectors are a mechanical part of the engine and vital for proper operation. Should be covered under PT warranty.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
Fluff

Sorry I'm at work guys, but I was reading straight from GM and the PT warranty excludes injectors... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7oothkXVePZ5CS

I found this. It was also on my owners manual packet.. so yeah I'm kinda screwed. I am debating LT4 injectors since I plan on upgrading as soon as I pay off the car. I'm thinking cam, head work, IM, I'm doing headers next. Also I'm planning on doing this myself. Now, I don't know if my order is correct I'm not sure? But it's the direction I am going. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #9
RyanR623

Quote:
Sorry I'm at work guys, but I was reading straight from GM and the PT warranty excludes injectors... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7oothkXVePZ5CS

I found this. It was also on my owners manual packet.. so yeah I'm kinda screwed. I am debating LT4 injectors since I plan on upgrading as soon as I pay off the car. I'm thinking cam, head work, IM, I'm doing headers next. Also I'm planning on doing this myself. Now, I don't know if my order is correct I'm not sure? But it's the direction I am going. Thanks for all the help everyone.
What BS, so they're calling it the fuel system? It's a mechanical part of the engine.... by that logic they could call a cam part of the timing system and not cover it... I've never heard of an OEM not covering injectors under powertrain. Wonder what other coverage they are weaseling out on us.

Anyways, like i said, even with those upgrades you don't need to upgrade to the LT4 fueling system. Now, if you add a SC, then you'll need them.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:11 AM   #10
Fluff

Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah oh well. I'm already looking at buying some newso I'll be looking for LT1s then. My thinking was upgrading, but I need to upgrade my air ratio as well and that's not happening any time soon. Can't just drop 7k on a SC at the moment
Old 10-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #11
RyanR623

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah oh well. I'm already looking at buying some newso I'll be looking for LT1s then. My thinking was upgrading, but I need to upgrade my air ratio as well and that's not happening any time soon. Can't just drop 7k on a SC at the moment
You and me both man!
Old 10-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #12
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
I had bank 2 injectors replaced under extended powertrain, then when the cold start CEL issue wasn't fixed, GM approved bank 1 injector replacement. 8 new injectors at 24,000km that's Chevy reliability for you.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #13
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I sold my LT1 injectors for $150 when i upgraded. With all the guys running lt4 or larger injectors, I'll bet someone on here would make you a sweetheart deal on some lightly used parts if you don't prevail with the dealer
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #14
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
I have a set of lt1 injectors I’d offload. HMU if you’re interested
aronSlusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel injectors, injectors