Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #29
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
That was my first thought. I would doubt GM would do a 1-2 year LT2 in the Camaro. It does not make any sense. It would be cool as hell, but I cant see them doing it. At all. GM seems to have zero interest in the Camaro.
I doubt it also. Using the LT2 IM might require a hood bubble with the equal length runners. That would be cool though.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #30
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Don't hold your breath, Chevy may not even be in business then. I was at the Chevy dealership yesterday and not one car on the showroom floor. I asked the salesman WTF was up. He said they couldn't anything in because of chips and other unheard of issues in the "supply Chain". The only activity was the service dept. as I was getting an oil change. GM can't survive by twiddling their thumbs waiting for sh!t to happen because of all this unheard of planned supply chain BS. I think Ford and GM in the same boat. They did have some C8 Vettes and trucks on the lot though. I asked if I could sit in the Vette and he said all the C8s were already sold.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:38 PM   #31
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalByte View Post
So Lethal is reporting inside information, that he said in comments is confirmed, that the 2023 SS trim will get the C7 LT2 engines bringing up a potential 495 HP, 470 torque.

I'm guessing for 2023, GM in this case might just phase out the LT1 trim level and going from LT to SS?

Thoughts?
Gm would not be dropping any super secret information to some guy on you tube that has less than 100k subscribers. They would use someone that has millions of subscribers and it would probably be one of the people in the new z06 video
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #32
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Don't hold your breath, Chevy may not even be in business then. I was at the Chevy dealership yesterday and not one car on the showroom floor. I asked the salesman WTF was up. He said they couldn't anything in because of chips and other unheard of issues in the "supply Chain". The only activity was the service dept. as I was getting an oil change. GM can't survive by twiddling their thumbs waiting for sh!t to happen because of all this unheard of planned supply chain BS. I think Ford and GM in the same boat. They did have some C8 Vettes and trucks on the lot though. I asked if I could sit in the Vette and he said all the C8s were already sold.
Same, I was at the dealer the other day for some service. If it wasn't for a few used vehicles, they wouldn't have any. Couple trucks they had on the lot were already sold. They said they would not even be getting any '22 Silverado's till spring of '22 (they were hoping). This $hit has gotten out of control. Our used vehicles are going to be worth a mint.

As for the LT2. gm isn't going to stick $$ into a car going EOL. Gas prices going they way they are, who knows who will even keep buying V8's. Only diehards will.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #33
xmattyx
mattyv

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I agree with all the above, The Camaro had its day but now GM is more focused on other projects (electric vehicles). Something would have shown up at SEMA or we would have all heard something by now. On top of the fact that sales have dropped (chip shortage or not)
2014 Hyundai Sonata GLS (sold)
2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS (sold)
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T (sold)
2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT (sold)
2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8 (sold)
2007 Cadillac CTS (sold)
2005 Chrysler Sebring (sold)
1998 Dodge Avenger (sold)
1992 Mercury Topaz (sold)
xmattyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #34
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
This. The click-bait BS that Lethal has been pushing for his last several videos is why I unsubscribed.

For GM to put an LT2 in the Camaro, you need to change the sump, the intake manifold, and the exhaust manifolds and hey, look, you are back to having an LT1 engine.
This.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Didn't he recently say the same thing about the LT5? Surely they won't do both, so that means his info is completely wrong on one of the rumors, and easily possible that it's wrong on both counts. Believe it when you see GM announce it and not before.
That part in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
The only way this would make sense is if the Camaro was the only one using the LT1 engine (which it actually might be) and it costs more to keep the LT1 engine in production than it would be to drop an LT2 in the Camaro instead.
Camaro is the only vehicle using LT1. But LT1 is very similar to L87 that is used in Silverado / Sierra / Tahoe / Yukon, so there’s that. When Camaro’s call of duty has ended, expect the LT1 to continue on as a crate engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Wasn’t the LT2 designed specifically for mid engine? Doubt they’d spend the money on the R&D to make it fit. Him and his “sources” are wrong a lot
That part in bold.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #36
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Why would gm (not GM) dump that much effort into a platform they are going to kill?
DING DING DING!!!

I'm really tired of Lethal's clickbait BS videos. I'm beginning to think he makes this stories up himself. He has run out of content so he has resorted to making false clickbaity claims to get those views. I will call him out in the comments of every one of those videos.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #37
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post

Every dealership is like this. The Acura dealer near me has no Acura on the lot. The dealers are making money with the cars they do have and marking them up. Dealers are getting full size SUVs though. And according to the salesman at my Chevy dealer the trucks will be in soon as well. Though most of them are already presold with markups.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:46 PM   #38
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Every dealership is like this. The Acura dealer near me has no Acura on the lot. The dealers are making money with the cars they do have and marking them up. Dealers are getting full size SUVs though. And according to the salesman at my Chevy dealer the trucks will be in soon as well. Though most of them are already presold with markups.
No doubt they’re getting full-size trucks. GM gets a bag full of chips and has to decide whether to put them in a car whose days are numbered or a truck where profits are 5-digits per truck. Tough decision. Not.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:51 AM   #39
SSlow6

Drives: '11 BMW 328i, '22 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattyx View Post
I agree with all the above, The Camaro had its day but now GM is more focused on other projects (electric vehicles). Something would have shown up at SEMA or we would have all heard something by now. On top of the fact that sales have dropped (chip shortage or not)
While I seriously doubt there is any chance the LT2 makes it in to a Camaro, I will say I don’t think GM would announce it too early. Not many people would buy a 2022 model and just wait for 2023. But again, doesn’t really matter.
SSlow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #40
James Froese

Drives: Satin Steel Camaro 2SS M6 (ordered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSlow6 View Post
While I seriously doubt there is any chance the LT2 makes it in to a Camaro, I will say I don’t think GM would announce it too early. Not many people would buy a 2022 model and just wait for 2023. But again, doesn’t really matter.
Very true. Doubt you would see very many SS models being sold for 22 if they announced an LT2 for 23.

I’m under the impression that this simply won’t happen, I don’t see how they could justify the cost and resources required to do a completely retooled LT2 for a 2 year stint in a dying platform.

Many great points have been brought up in this thread, good stuff guys.
James Froese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #41
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Is it that hard to flip the intake, headers are the same since same heads, higher hood, relocate coils and make it wet sump(or leave it dry sump)? I know it might not make any sense financially, but the LT2 is cleaner, and it makes a great farewell to the combustion engine Camaro era...plausible IMO. LS / LT engines have been flipped and used in all the platforms in the world, I can't believe GM is having a hard time to develop little parts like that. Anyway, it's hard to order any cars these days whatever the brand.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.

Last edited by WHAMMO; 11-12-2021 at 05:35 PM.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #42
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Or GM could just bolton the LT2 intake manifold and call it a day...30hp gains right there. 485hp rating...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...579354&page=14

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote