Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Lifetime Mustang Guy Converted to Camaro

Hello! I just wanted to share how much I love this frickin Camaro. I grew up as a Mustang lover since I was a baby. Owned a V6 mustang then eventually went onto a GT. I copped me a 2018 GT and ended up lemoning the car because the short block got replaced within 5K miles (engine rattling/tick/etc). Obviously, as a Mustang guy, the last car I imagined myself getting was a Camaro. Finally decided to test drive. Test drove an SS and was in shock. Test drove a 1LE and destroyed my pants. A lot of people have their issues about the tight space in the car but I love it! I feel like i'm in a fighter jet cockpit. Mustang has the luxury edge on it regarding interior (sorta) but performance wise I was blown away. A Camaro to me... is way more fun to drive, it feels like a racecar! I daily drive it now for 9K miles and even this racecar is a good daily driver for me. Chevy knows their stuff, man. Been so blind! I can't wait to be able to own a ZL1 one day. I just had to share these thoughts as I have some free time and i'm that in love. 9K miles later and still, every time I get in the car it just like... wowi. Can't wait to slap on a Borla ATAK on this guy some time soon.

Anyways, you all stay blessed and have fun/be safe out there.
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0ry View Post
Hello! I just wanted to share how much I love this frickin Camaro. I grew up as a Mustang lover since I was a baby. Owned a V6 mustang then eventually went onto a GT. I copped me a 2018 GT and ended up lemoning the car because the short block got replaced within 5K miles (engine rattling/tick/etc). Obviously, as a Mustang guy, the last car I imagined myself getting was a Camaro. Finally decided to test drive. Test drove an SS and was in shock. Test drove a 1LE and destroyed my pants. A lot of people have their issues about the tight space in the car but I love it! I feel like i'm in a fighter jet cockpit. Mustang has the luxury edge on it regarding interior (sorta) but performance wise I was blown away. A Camaro to me... is way more fun to drive, it feels like a racecar! I daily drive it now for 9K miles and even this racecar is a good daily driver for me. Chevy knows their stuff, man. Been so blind! I can't wait to be able to own a ZL1 one day. I just had to share these thoughts as I have some free time and i'm that in love. 9K miles later and still, every time I get in the car it just like... wowi. Can't wait to slap on a Borla ATAK on this guy some time soon.

Congrats man!! You got a hell of a car there. GM really made a car for the enthusiast, and it performs like a....well....racecar.....hahahahaha.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy that amazing car!
Old 10-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

I've been saying that for almost 3 years.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
Welcome to the Dark Side Have fun and enjoy it!
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
jwaked

Drives: 11 Corvette ZR1
This was me back in 1993. after 5 Mustangs jumped to a Camaro and from then on some camaros a Z06 corvettes, never went back to Ford.

Quote:

jwaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #6
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Welcome to “the dark side”. I did the same a few months ago and I am not regretting it a bit. The Camaro is definitely more of a car, quality and performance wise.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
I've had both but like you you, I just got out of an 18 5.0 A10. Very nice car for sure but mine was stricken with multiple problems, which was the primary reason I decided to take an equity bath and trade out. But man, talk about a day/night difference in the driving experience. The Camaro is just a constant blast to drive. SO much more communicative and connected to the road. The 5.0 is a fantastic engine but I do enjoy the torque of the LT1. Most of the time I am not spinning the engine to red line and its the usable low end torque in daily driving that consistently puts a smile on my face. Not to mention the excellent steering feel and planted chassis. It just makes for a fantastic car to drive, both docile and at the limits. Congrats!!!
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Congrats and I still enjoy my Camaro just as I did on day 1, and it isn't even a 1LE.

On the interior, looks like you have a 1SS 1LE, the 2SS and the ZL1 are clearly a bit superior on this front.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:07 PM   #9
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
I've had both but like you you, I just got out of an 18 5.0 A10. Very nice car for sure but mine was stricken with multiple problems, which was the primary reason I decided to take an equity bath and trade out. But man, talk about a day/night difference in the driving experience. The Camaro is just a constant blast to drive. SO much more communicative and connected to the road. The 5.0 is a fantastic engine but I do enjoy the torque of the LT1. Most of the time I am not spinning the engine to red line and its the usable low end torque in daily driving that consistently puts a smile on my face. Not to mention the excellent steering feel and planted chassis. It just makes for a fantastic car to drive, both docile and at the limits. Congrats!!!
Exactly!!! Thank you man, you too. God bless
Old 10-25-2019, 12:08 PM   #10
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Congrats and I still enjoy my Camaro just as I did on day 1, and it isn't even a 1LE.

On the interior, looks like you have a 1SS 1LE, the 2SS and the ZL1 are clearly a bit superior on this front.
Yeah the 2SS interior is suh-weet. Didn't want to hurt my pockets too much right now so I opted for that 1SS, hehe. Thank you
Old 10-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #11
greg0ry

Thank you, all
Old 10-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #12
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
congrats on the car - 1LE is a fantastic package on an already incredible car.
These cars honestly now compete more with M4's and S5's than Mustangs - Chevy has taken them to a whole different level combining the best attributes of a CTS and a C6/7 Corvette. Game changer coming from a Mustang.

Many of us here have moved from C6 Corvette's and BMW's and continue to be impressed with the car the longer we own them and the more we drive them. I'm in 3 years and 12K miles coming from a series of Corvette's, 911 and BMW's and I just continue to be impressed by this car. For me the 1SS trim is perfectly fine - it's a very focused sports car (OK sports coupe - fine) and I am not looking for the pretend luxury that the 2SS trim brings to the party. It doesn't compare to the BMW's Audi's and Porsche's I've owned so I don't see the point in spending $$ there personally.
Besides I still have a high end german sedan in the stable when I want true luxury.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #13
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I've owned a lot of Mustangs and loved all of them. I got rid of my 2008 Bullitt when I got beat by a supercharged Chevy Cobalt at the drag strip. Since then, I've owned 2 Corvettes, 2 5th Gen Camaros and now on my 3rd 6th Gen Camaro. I've had all of these on the drag strip and they hold their own against almost any reasonably comparable sporty car in the world. I think Chevy makes the best stock car in this category, but I believe a Mustang with the same minimum mods may be faster than the Camaro. I am kinda interested in the new Mustang Bullitt and may take a test ride in one soon.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #14
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
faster in a straight line - I don't doubt that. Not faster in any other context IMHO!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote