Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Middle/Center Console

I was wondering if there’s a replacement middle/center console with the lock option, where the driver and passenger use as armrest, like the glove compartment comes with? Since the Camaro spacing inside is very limited, every little spot counts so I wanted to essentially turn it into a secondary lockbox next to the glove compartment that also has a manual lock option with car key.
Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Dude if someone breaks into your car, getting into the center armrest or glovebox is gonna be a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
What are you looking to hide, a pack of gum?

Your best option may be an under the seat lockable gun vault.
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
Tha_Infamous_E

Yeah, it’ll be easy to access if it’s not locked - it’ll create difficulties if it is locked. There’s many things I can hide in there, even if it is a pack of gum - that’s irrelevant to the point of the thread. Please answer the question if you know the answer or don’t provide useless banter that has nothing to do with the thread.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
All I've seen is different fabric or leather coverings and various logos like SS or FIFTY etc. Nothing with a lock. But locking that piece of plastic isn't going to be much of a deterrent to someone with a crow bar, hammer or screw driver. Look at all the locked cars that are broken into with a slide hammer in the lock or using a slim jim. If you don't want it stolen, don't leave it in the car.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
Yeah, it’ll be easy to access if it’s not locked - it’ll create difficulties if it is locked. There’s many things I can hide in there, even if it is a pack of gum - that’s irrelevant to the point of the thread. Please answer the question if you know the answer or don’t provide useless banter that has nothing to do with the thread.
Sorry, it's impossible to get people to just offer the information you want without them telling you why what you want is a waste of time, it won't work, there's something better, or you really dont need it. So here goes:

You're wasting your time if you think putting a lock....
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:49 PM   #7
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Sorry, it's impossible to get people to just offer the information you want without them telling you why what you want is a waste of time, it won't work, there's something better, or you really dont need it. So here goes:

You're wasting your time if you think putting a lock....
I’m failing to understand... you don’t need to know what I want to lock, you just need to know that I want to lock the center console. Why I want to has nothing to do with the question I’m asking, it has to do with your curiosity which, once again, has nothing to do with the thread.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #8
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Either way. you got your answer.

Nobody makes a replacement center console or you'd see tons of people posting pics about it.

The stock center console sucks. For reasons other than lacking a locking door. And those reasons are far more in-demand. Yet still, not enough to warrant anyone creating a mold and having a chinese company fab up parts.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Either way. you got your answer.

Nobody makes a replacement center console or you'd see tons of people posting pics about it.

The stock center console sucks. For reasons other than lacking a locking door. And those reasons are far more in-demand. Yet still, not enough to warrant anyone creating a mold and having a chinese company fab up parts.
Figured, it's hard enough finding stash spots in the current 6th gen Camaro, figured the center console could be turned into a half-ass one of sorts, but guess nows too soon - maybe later down the line when there's more of a demand.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #10
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
What are you looking to hide, a pack of gum?

Your best option may be an under the seat lockable gun vault.
Damn! I just bought a camaro and by the time I got home from the dealer I was thinking really.....where am I gonna put shit. I have a phone cable and a pack of gum in my center console
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #11
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
Figured, it's hard enough finding stash spots in the current 6th gen Camaro, figured the center console could be turned into a half-ass one of sorts, but guess nows too soon - maybe later down the line when there's more of a demand.

There's never gonna be a demand for a locking center console. Very few people need a place to hide their contraband.
Maybe try a car audio shop. The should be able to fabricate something.

srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #12
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
There's never gonna be a demand for a locking center console. Very few people need a place to hide their contraband.
Maybe try a car audio shop. The should be able to fabricate something.

Nobody said anything about illegal goods, Mr. Officer.

Will do, however - thanks for the input.