Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-02-2023, 08:21 AM   #281
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'm not really concerned with what you do or don't hate.
I love dark beer
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 08:49 AM   #282
The Zebra

Drives: '24 ZL1 A10, '70 Olds 442 W-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
9/18. Options are:
Performance data and video recorder
Visible carbon fiber weave hood insert
Carbon fiber instrument panel trim
Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium System with Navigation and 8" diagonal HD color touchscreen
Knee pads, Red
Embroidered center console lid with Chevrolet Performance logo
Red seat belt color
Carbon Fiber-style shift knob cap (manual)
Cargo net
6-speed manual transmission
I bet you are stoked Cowboy, she is a real beauty with nice options and a stick. The ZL1 I have on order is also black, an automatic with sunroof and data recorder. Enjoy!
The Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 08:54 AM   #283
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'm not really concerned with what you do or don't hate.
Well I like the tin man, so there!

I like the Wizard of Oz

Name:  christmas story.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  13.9 KB
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 11:15 AM   #284
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zebra View Post
I bet you are stoked Cowboy, she is a real beauty with nice options and a stick. The ZL1 I have on order is also black, an automatic with sunroof and data recorder. Enjoy!
You can’t imagine how stoked I am right now. I got my first Camaro in 1984. My 2018(now totaled) was a stick and having learned to drive with a clutch there was never any other option for me. I had a sunroof on my 5th gen, and never really used it, so had little interest. My understanding on the data recorder is you have to turn it on before each use, so not sure how much value it will have for me, but might be fun to play with.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:16 PM   #285
sofiane.alem

Drives: camaro ss 1le
2 weeks ago, my salesman called me and told me that my 1ss 1le is in production line and is being assembled at this moment, and he didn't gave me any update on status code, before that, he called me on 8/24 to tell me my camaro was accepted by GM and its at 3000.
So, Yesterday I chat with an agent on chevrolet website and he told me my TPW is 10/02! Which one has the accurate information? Also, is it possible for the car to be build before the TPW date?
sofiane.alem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:31 PM   #286
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
You can’t imagine how stoked I am right now. I got my first Camaro in 1984. My 2018(now totaled) was a stick and having learned to drive with a clutch there was never any other option for me. I had a sunroof on my 5th gen, and never really used it, so had little interest. My understanding on the data recorder is you have to turn it on before each use, so not sure how much value it will have for me, but might be fun to play with.

Same boat here. I have had several dozen new vehicles over the years, mostly loaded out diesel trucks, but I never get excited about them. The incoming LZ1 however I am totally pumped to get. I've had a 2nd gen when I was younger that I put a big block and a T10 into, which was a lot of fun and stupid fast. I had a couple 3rd gen IROC's as well in the late 80's. I have never driven a 4th or 5th or 6th gen as I always had pickups. I can't wait, going to call my salesman when they open in the morning to see if it has left Michigan yet. I'm sure he is sick of me bugging him...
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #287
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I found a car, kinda similar to my build a few hours away from me. Has a few options I don’t care for and different wheels. Thinking about sending a price offer to them. Car will be at their dealership in a few weeks.

Should I shoot my shot and if they accept, buy that car?
Or should I hold the line and wait for my orders to be picked up?

I’m number 1 in line at all 3 dealerships for a non CE 2SS.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:29 PM   #288
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I found a car, kinda similar to my build a few hours away from me. Has a few options I don’t care for and different wheels. Thinking about sending a price offer to them. Car will be at their dealership in a few weeks.

Should I shoot my shot and if they accept, buy that car?
Or should I hold the line and wait for my orders to be picked up?

I’m number 1 in line at all 3 dealerships for a non CE 2SS.

I can't imagine any dealership accepting any offer below MSRP plus all the hyper inflated dealer add-ons. It's only a matter of time before all the allocations are gone if we aren't already there.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:32 PM   #289
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
I can't imagine any dealership accepting any offer below MSRP plus all the hyper inflated dealer add-ons. It's only a matter of time before all the allocations are gone if we aren't already there.
They have 4 of the same car coming in but different colors, no add ons, no markup, willing to finance or bring my own (probably will bring my own since I use USAA).

Manager asked, “what’s your serious offer?”.

Part of me says “shoot my shot” lol.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:45 PM   #290
dfwcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
They have 4 of the same car coming in but different colors, no add ons, no markup, willing to finance or bring my own (probably will bring my own since I use USAA).

Manager asked, “what’s your serious offer?”.

Part of me says “shoot my shot” lol.

I never talk about financing before we come to a price. I write a check for all my vehicles, but I'm not going to tell them that up front. Dealerships make more money in the parts, service, and financing departments than from sales.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:46 PM   #291
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
I never talk about financing before we come to a price. I write a check for all my vehicles, but I'm not going to tell them that up front. Dealerships make more money in the parts, service, and financing departments than from sales.
I wish there was a like button on these forms but, 100% correct. I screwed my own rules up.

Last edited by ItsChristianInHD; 10-03-2023 at 01:16 PM.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:00 PM   #292
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Manager asking about "serious offer" is a red flag imo. In this post covid market that indicates some level of adm... I'd be firm about MSRP or even lower if you think you can get that and not entertain negotiations.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #293
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
Manager asking about "serious offer" is a red flag imo. In this post covid market that indicates some level of adm... I'd be firm about MSRP or even lower if you think you can get that and not entertain negotiations.
Never be afraid to go low or negotiate! When I got the “serious offer” question a couple of months ago on my ‘23 2SS, I offered way below MSRP at a number I “knew” would be too low. I drove the car home the next day, with no further negotiating.

Before I made that deal, at another dealer (after my “I never pay sticker” speech), the salesman offered me $1,000 off on a similarly equipped ‘24. Under the current circumstances, I’m sure it never would have been built.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #294
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiane.alem View Post
2 weeks ago, my salesman called me and told me that my 1ss 1le is in production line and is being assembled at this moment, and he didn't gave me any update on status code, before that, he called me on 8/24 to tell me my camaro was accepted by GM and its at 3000.
So, Yesterday I chat with an agent on chevrolet website and he told me my TPW is 10/02! Which one has the accurate information? Also, is it possible for the car to be build before the TPW date?
My 2SS1LE has been in production since 9/12. If shows it as produced but nothing is assigned to the car and the sticker and invoice has not been printed. Salesman said the car was shipped off site to complete the 1LE build, first I heard of that but it could be they are waiting for 1LE components.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote