Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #1
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
AC / Seat venting doesn't seem right??

Picked up the ZL1 last Friday & I was tickled with the AC seats...worked so well I had to turn the speed down quickly.

Yesterday, they don't seem to work as well. I can hear it come on /off where I don't recall that before...almost like a leak where it's not pushing the flow to the seats. Both sides seem to have the same issue. My ears are pretty much shot anyway from too much wing shooting in my younger days with no protection, but it seems like the air noise is coming from the dash area & not the seats. Left the setting on high & it may have some flow but certainly not like it was.

Anyway, was just hoping someone maybe had an idea...I'll mess with it again after work & hope it's a one time deal. Man, I hate to take this thing back to the dealer 1 week later. It's a pain to get personal crap done in the line of work I'm in.

Thanks!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Picked up the ZL1 last Friday & I was tickled with the AC seats...worked so well I had to turn the speed down quickly.

Yesterday, they don't seem to work as well. I can hear it come on /off where I don't recall that before...almost like a leak where it's not pushing the flow to the seats. Both sides seem to have the same issue. My ears are pretty much shot anyway from too much wing shooting in my younger days with no protection, but it seems like the air noise is coming from the dash area & not the seats. Left the setting on high & it may have some flow but certainly not like it was.

Anyway, was just hoping someone maybe had an idea...I'll mess with it again after work & hope it's a one time deal. Man, I hate to take this thing back to the dealer 1 week later. It's a pain to get personal crap done in the line of work I'm in.

Thanks!!
Is it possible last Friday you had the HVAC air flow direction set to floor? Because the seat vents are basically just a couple of computer tower chassis cooling fans under the cushion. If you have HVAC air flow set to floor you will get cool and it works well. But if the air flow isn't on the floor, you seat vents are simply vents with no cooling.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #3
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Thanks fastball, I'll check when I get in...hell, I may have bumped that setting & why I'm asking here before doing anything to look like a ding-dong at the dealer.

One thing I did notice is I could hear the noise of the seat vents turning off / on even with the AC in the off position & assumed it had to be on for the seats...anyway, I couldn't really even feel any air movement coming out. I was thinking some actuator door was preventing flow, but I'm no wrench.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
the seat vents are basically just a couple of computer tower chassis cooling fans under the cushion.
Do you know how many and where they are placed? Those things are pretty versatile.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote