Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 06-05-2022, 06:48 PM   #15
Matt6951

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
No offense, but do you not know what 8043 DA means…?
Density altitude, has less of an effect on boosted vehicles, as the boost is essentially creating its own atmosphere, it has more of an effect on spool times at that altitude than peak power numbers. Yes, I know what DA means. I know it would effect the performance of any vehicle, but a 1000+ hp car should be trapping a lot more than 131.. unless he is stating fantasy crank hp numbers, and correcting to sea level or some weird shit, which lets be real, who does that?!
Matt6951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:13 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt6951 View Post
Density altitude, has less of an effect on boosted vehicles, as the boost is essentially creating its own atmosphere, it has more of an effect on spool times at that altitude than peak power numbers. Yes, I know what DA means. I know it would effect the performance of any vehicle, but a 1000+ hp car should be trapping a lot more than 131.. unless he is stating fantasy crank hp numbers, and correcting to sea level or some weird shit, which lets be real, who does that?!
If you’re trying to dismiss that his very high elevation has an big impact, then there’s not much for us to talk about. DA absolutely has an impact on boosted cars… I own one and am quite aware of how that works lol. 8000 DA is a crazy number. But your comment was off topic and unsolicited.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:23 AM   #17
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt6951 View Post
It has plenty of effect on boosted cars. Look how much slower even the NHRA Top Fuel cars run at Bandimere vs a track near seal level.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote