Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2022, 12:22 AM   #99
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Since I bitch when it's slow, I guess I should say good job as it's seemed to be stable for the past week or so. Would still love to see it upgraded to the latest as it's nice to tag people, and "like" responses. But oh well. Maybe we should pull a "Musk" and perform a buyout...for the last two years of the Camaro...
I offered about a year ago to build a site that would be member sponsored (~$10 per Year) and would have zero advertising and would run on a super faster server with newer software (I currently run a large Aviation site (22,000+ members) using the same model and it works really well) but not many seemed interested with parting with $0.83 per month, so I dropped the idea... I'd still be open to it, but I do NOT want to deal with advertisers (as on an advertiser sponsored site (THIS!) the advertisers are the customers so THEY dictate the direction of the site), I firmly believe the members should dictate the direction of a site like this, on a Member Supported Site, the members ARE the customer and thusly are treated as a customer...

Also a "pay site" keeps a lot of the garbage out...

Food for thought...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:12 AM   #100
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenSSGuy View Post
Agreed 1000%.

Corvette Forum is a fine example where members are valued. Admins over there respond within an hour of any questions I have.

I remember the old Z-28 Forum back in the late 90s, early 2000 -- that has a great Forum.
I probably am missing a big piece that the admins know but,

Corvette forums run off a version of vBulletin 3.X

We're running off of vBulletin 3.8.9 Beta 4

Though we don't get to be displayed on InternetBrands "Consumer Brands" category. Guess we don't qualify for that category or don't have enough members lol

https://www.internetbrands.com/our-brands/automotive

Latest vBulletin is in the 5.X version, from what I've read it's a cost to upgrade versions and apparently v4 wasn't too well received. Though it is suggested not to update too often as it's unnecessary and could have problems. Then again it isn't a vBulletin issue as it slows down at random times I guess, I've had a few times where the server stopped responding and checking online this site reported down for a few minutes.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #101
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
I probably am missing a big piece that the admins know but,

Corvette forums run off a version of vBulletin 3.X

We're running off of vBulletin 3.8.9 Beta 4

Though we don't get to be displayed on InternetBrands "Consumer Brands" category. Guess we don't qualify for that category or don't have enough members lol

https://www.internetbrands.com/our-brands/automotive

Latest vBulletin is in the 5.X version, from what I've read it's a cost to upgrade versions and apparently v4 wasn't too well received. Though it is suggested not to update too often as it's unnecessary and could have problems. Then again it isn't a vBulletin issue as it slows down at random times I guess, I've had a few times where the server stopped responding and checking online this site reported down for a few minutes.

I can't imagine the Camaro forum having less members than the Nissan Titan or EV6 forum that I visit from time to time. From what I've seen, these forums are Canadian owned. I wonder if this one is American owned. I hate to say it, but if that's the case I suspect this is why. The Canadian owned websites have no problem spending money on their sites, while owners here want to squeeze as much money as they can out of their sites. Kind of sad that we seem to drag out feet on updates, but I also wonder if they don't want to spend money because they figure the Camaro is going away.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote