Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
2young4azl1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Camshaft fuel lobe

I've done some research and I've seen some of the bigger vendors on the forum do a +32 or+38% fuel lobe on their custom grinds. I've been looking at the LPE GT35 Camshaft with 7.85mm fuel lobe. On their website it says that cam works with their HPFP and the stock LT1 HPFP, but not the LT4. Anybody know why it would work with the LT1 pump, and not the LT4?
2young4azl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2young4azl1 View Post
I've done some research and I've seen some of the bigger vendors on the forum do a +32 or+38% fuel lobe on their custom grinds. I've been looking at the LPE GT35 Camshaft with 7.85mm fuel lobe. On their website it says that cam works with their HPFP and the stock LT1 HPFP, but not the LT4. Anybody know why it would work with the LT1 pump, and not the LT4?
curious too, I read somewhere that the Big Bore HPFP can't be overdriven, so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
GT31 and GT35 camshafts from LPE FYI

No(Actually it can be over driven) its 8.2 mm or 42% lobe on the GT31 cam. Works with the LPE pump only since its modified for the fuel lobe that barely clears the cam journals the cam is a Blower grind with a non aggressive chop. Maybe Brandon with LPE can add that lobe to the GT35 if your interested in there pump as well. Other wise its a typical 38% lobe like other shops use. I'm sure the GT35 38% if spaced correctly or a lash cap that lobe could work in the LT1 or LT4

I made 2 mistakes.. 1st. using the 38% lobe and wasn't able to get the full potential out of the LPE big bore pump (900 plus on all e85) I think I made it to 867 rwhp on all e85 w no meth. The second was a insufficiency low side. The shop fixed the ck valve issue and picked up 8psi but still wasn't to feed the Big Bore. I think this is the biggest bang for the buck if you consider selling your LT4 fuel parts to an SS owner..

In order to take full advantage of there kit a few things need to happen..

*The Big bore pump needs to be spaced correctly
*The Cam needs to have the 42% lobe
*Plus 30 injectors (fic will do)
*Low side capable of 100psi and not dropping under 80psi under a full load (this excludes the DSX Aux and the POS SMG aux copy.. Basically a Fore Return style or Aux return style setup.
*And lastly a high Flow valve ck line that LPE devolved a while back but is now available to order They announced it as of last week ( something my shop had to figure on there own) Uwe O. of XDI setup takes care of this restriction in the his XDI/Katech setup.

This Big Bore pump gets a lot bad wraps from speed shops saying its not worth it. It is worth it I guarantee they didn't set it up correctly. I.E. Lobe to small, ck valve restricted, not enough low side, and pump spaced incorrectly.. ( I guess if you want to depend on meth as fuel source you could say price wise its not worth it lol)

Also LPE 10% advertised rating over the LT4 pump.. that's 10 % installing it on a stock fuel lobe! people see that and say Oh... hmmm 1500.00 for 10% nah.. They just don't realize the lobe comes in to play.

I've been really impressed with the LPE Cam it's made 1004 to wheels with 18 or 19 psi.. After 3 cams with aggressive chop I 'm over that phase.

Brandon Baker <bbaker@lingenfelter.com>
Part number on the 31 will be L210356914
And im sorry as im not seeing a 8.2 lobe cam in our inventory For the GT35

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:20 AM   #4
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
snip
Do I need to measure/space a lt4 hpfp when replacing my lt1 with a factory valley cover?
Old 03-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
Do I need to measure/space a lt4 hpfp when replacing my lt1 with a factory valley cover?
Always a good idea to measure and ck.. not sure on how many shims(basically gaskets) it needs. I believe Lethal camaro went from a LT1 to oem LT4 pump on a video to explain. On mine I think we used 3 shims on the Big Bore

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 03-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
curious too, I read somewhere that the Big Bore HPFP can't be overdriven, so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

I believe the first version of the LPE HPFP had this limitation. The newer ones like to be overdriven.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:28 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2young4azl1 View Post

This is because the LPE cams have a 42% overdrive and that is to large for the LT4 pump. The LPE HPFP is based off the same stroke dimensions as the LT1 pump.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #8
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I run a 38% BTR Stage 2. My last cam was also a 38% so we had measured before so it was an easy swap.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #9
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
This is because the LPE cams have a 42% overdrive and that is to large for the LT4 pump. The LPE HPFP is based off the same stroke dimensions as the LT1 pump.

Does TSP do 32% or 38%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Looks like they do a 10% and 32%

Old 03-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

No(Actually it can be over driven) its 8.2 mm or 42% lobe on the GT31 cam. Works with the LPE pump only since its modified for the fuel lobe that barely clears the cam journals the cam is a Blower grind with a non aggressive chop. Maybe Brandon with LPE can add that lobe to the GT35 if your interested in there pump as well. Other wise its a typical 38% lobe like other shops use. I'm sure the GT35 38% if spaced correctly or a lash cap that lobe could work in the LT1 or LT4

I made 2 mistakes.. 1st. using the 38% lobe and wasn't able to get the full potential out of the LPE big bore pump (900 plus on all e85) I think I made it to 867 rwhp on all e85 w no meth. The second was a insufficiency low side. The shop fixed the ck valve issue and picked up 8psi but still wasn't to feed the Big Bore. I think this is the biggest bang for the buck if you consider selling your LT4 fuel parts to an SS owner..

*Low side capable of 100psi and not dropping under 80psi under a full load (this excludes the DSX Aux and the POS SMG aux copy.. Basically a Fore Return style or Aux return style setup.
*And lastly a high Flow valve ck line that LPE devolved a while back but is now available to order They announced it as of last week ( something my shop had to figure on there own) Uwe O. of XDI setup takes care of this restriction in the his XDI/Katech setup.

This Big Bore pump gets a lot bad wraps from speed shops saying its not worth it. It is worth it I guarantee they didn't set it up correctly. I.E. Lobe to small, ck valve restricted, not enough low side, and pump spaced incorrectly.. ( I guess if you want to depend on meth as fuel source you could say price wise its not worth it lol)

Also LPE 10% advertised rating over the LT4 pump.. that's 10 % installing it on a stock fuel lobe! people see that and say Oh... hmmm 1500.00 for 10% nah.. They just don't realize the lobe comes in to play.

I've been really impressed with the LPE Cam it's made 1004 to wheels with 18 or 19 psi.. After 3 cams with aggressive chop I 'm over that phase.

TON of great info in this post! Thanks for posting it.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:27 AM   #12
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Quote:

EDF, so with 38% lobe and lpe stuff, +30 inj you were able to make 867 whp on pump e85? I’m in the middle of doing a 416 with LPE, +30’s, DSX pump. The shop that’s doing the work is recommending the btr stage 2 blower cam with 38% lobe. I want to run full E with a P1X not sure what psi (psi depending on fuel supply). I’d like to be around 800-850 whp on full e85. The shop is trying to talk me into doing a fore dual pump system and says I’ll be good for 1k whp, however I don’t think my P1X will come close to making that whp regardless. Just curious your thoughts?

Thanks
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Just have BTR cut it with a 42% lobe take full advantage of the lpe pump and I would run larger injectors than 30% every car is different its hard to put a hp number it. I think someone has 65% for sale on here therer barely more than what new 30% cost. The fore is a good idea for sure.