Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-30-2023, 04:32 AM   #1
2speed2fast

Drives: 2019 2SS
3m PPF on front splitter

Just ordered the 1LE front splitter and some 3m PPF. Just wondering how this is going to go down.

Did you cover the whole surface, including the surface where the screws will go through? How did you manage with all the different angles? Cut different pieces?

Thanks in advance
2speed2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #2
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
I had mine done with Expel ppf professionally and it's all one piece.. The installer did say he had to use some type of adhesion promoter to get it wrapped...
Old 08-31-2023, 01:08 PM   #3
NYS2

Drives: 20 Crush 2SS/1LE Volvo XC90
On a 2020 1LE, I cut the front splitter piece into three sections to make it easier. It can be done in one piece with some heat and the tact solution (alcohol/water mix). You won’t be covering the mounting screws and I believe you will have to mount the splitter first, so that you can pull and stretch the film.
NYS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 04:23 PM   #4
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
If you don’t do the XPEL Stealth or the equivalent and you use normal you will lose the satin finish.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:37 PM   #5
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Currently wrapping my own in Xpel satin PPF for the second time. Do not cover the mounting holes. The splitter will vibrate and flex slightly. If you have ppf on the splitter and then you mount it to the bumper it will rub up against there and eventually come off, lift and collect dirt. It's not an easy wrap for sure. You'll more than likely need to cut it into sections because of the aggressive angles. I've tried to do it all in one piece and I had issues once I got to the bottom where the ppf just wouldn't lay flat and created fingers I couldn't squeegee out. Using a little bit of heat helped.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote