Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #365
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Judging by his time and speed I would say boost and a good tire. My trap speeds are right there with his if not slightly higher. I think I hit 122 but I don't remember. I gotta check my slips. I had a friend who was running right around the same times in a boosted SS on DRs but that was in the middle of Summer on some hot days. He was around mid to low 11s on a bad day and high 10s on a good day. That was with the E-Force blower. Also during those nights there were boosted GTs running around the same times. I would say AJ has a similar setup but I could be completely off.

I think it would be a good race, me against him. LOL! But I'm a shitty driver so I'd probably lose...
You nailed that, my car is a Callaway. I think it should be faster, but I need to upgrade the fueling and get it to a tuner.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:33 AM   #366
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
I will take a page out of your book on this one, ehem...

"Pfft the McClaren 720s is a 300k car and ONLY beats the GT500 in the 1/4 mile by 0.6 to 1 second!? you can literally buy 4 GT500's for that price!
The performance value is not there! How can is only beat the GT500 by a second or less!? did McClaren miss the mark at the factory?"

Difference is the McClaren actually beats the cheaper car even tho the GT500 has more HP. There is absolutely nothing that the 500 will win in or even be within a driver's race. The GT500 is losing in several categories to cars that are both cheaper and underpowered.

I can't agree about the value tho because you are getting a lot more with a 720S. That factors into the price. If the only consideration was performance in the quarter mile then I would completely agree. But the 720 absolutely demolishes the GT500 on any track whether prepped or unprepped. When thested the 720 is almost a full second ahead of the GT500 in the quarter mile. Even when ran in individual owner hands the GT500 is still slower than the 720S as it was tested. These cars are in a completely different world. So I can't agree with you there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I agree that going above 180 on a roadcourse isn't happening anytime soon, and not a necessity there, but this is still a pretty weak reason as to why it was limited.

There is no good reason, there's logical reasons but none of them are acceptable for a 100k 760hp halo car imo.

Just as embarrassing as the m6 camaro zl1 being limited to 180 or 178 due to gearing, but atleast the a10 goes around 200 and the m6 zle supposedly 190ish.

But but but the acr only went 175 or so, yea and other viper models exceeded that.
A better excuse would have been to say it was for safety reasons and they were trying to keep the car safe in the hands of drivers with less experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I agree on the track thing kinda, but it makes it much easier to distinguish what you are talking about if you just say track and strip. A drag strip is absolutely a track, but a track day at a drag strip is not a track day in the road course scene...

Nope top speed is still just bragging rights or maybe some people are taking stock cars to the salt flats??? haha
Even "professional roll racers" in "Mexico" don't need to go that fast, the race is over before 180mph.
Is not all of this for bragging rights? You just bragged about your time slips. You don't make money off it. You didn't post it for any other reason than to brag. If top speed might is for bragging rights then so is every stat. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because otherwise we'd all be in EB Mustangs. And bragging rights is what makes or breaks these cars. Having the fastest one is why they sell this much. That is why the GT500 commands markups. Because people want to have the latest and greatest and most powerful and fastest (under 180 MPH) car available and they are willing to pay extra when supplies are limited to ensure they have one. So I'm not sure where your thinking originates from. I personally feel that you don't actually believe a word of this. One minute you're talking bragging rights and the next you're bragging about something different. Which is it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:48 AM   #367
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
You nailed that, my car is a Callaway. I think it should be faster, but I need to upgrade the fueling and get it to a tuner.
You're probably making a little less to the wheels than a ZL1. On top of that the SS doesn't have the cooling capacity the ZL1 has. So I would assume that your issue is heat if the best you're doing is 11.3 on DRs. Or not enough fuel. But I do not think you're far off from what it should run at it's best. I'd say around 11.1. Some might say mid to high 10s but I'm not too sure about all that.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #368
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Right, the GT500s launch control is actually good, but the delay is garbage.

This is just too good now we know he hit 180 playing Forza

Not for nothing though, i put alot of Forza laps in a ZL1 on Watkins Glen before i went there for the first time, and my real laptime was within 2 seconds.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree on the track thing kinda, but it makes it much easier to distinguish what you are talking about if you just say track and strip. A drag strip is absolutely a track, but a track day at a drag strip is not a track day in the road course scene...

Nope top speed is still just bragging rights or maybe some people are taking stock cars to the salt flats??? haha
Even "professional roll racers" in "Mexico" don't need to go that fast, the race is over before 180mph.
I put a lot of laps in on forza and gran turismo with a good wheel and shifter simulator set up. Without driving assists plus TC/SC off and realistic tires on it can be a very realistic experience. I always shoot to match Randys times at LS, VIR, big willow and streets of willow... ofcourse I have unlitmited laps and no fear of wrecking on my side lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #369
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
Well, here's the ZL1 1LE beating the GT500 in a drag race too. These are the same cars from the Throttle House video BTW.

Then they should have just used the ZLE. The point in bringing it up was in the review they said the aero package on the ZLE would give it a disadvantage against the GT500 CFTP
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #370
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Difference is the McClaren actually beats the cheaper car even tho the GT500 has more HP. There is absolutely nothing that the 500 will win in or even be within a driver's race. The GT500 is losing in several categories to cars that are both cheaper and underpowered.

A better excuse would have been to say it was for safety reasons and they were trying to keep the car safe in the hands of drivers with less experience.

Is not all of this for bragging rights? You just bragged about your time slips. You don't make money off it. You didn't post it for any other reason than to brag. If top speed might is for bragging rights then so is every stat. And there is nothing wrong with that. Because otherwise we'd all be in EB Mustangs. And bragging rights is what makes or breaks these cars. Having the fastest one is why they sell this much. That is why the GT500 commands markups. Because people want to have the latest and greatest and most powerful and fastest (under 180 MPH) car available and they are willing to pay extra when supplies are limited to ensure they have one. So I'm not sure where your thinking originates from. I personally feel that you don't actually believe a word of this. One minute you're talking bragging rights and the next you're bragging about something different. Which is it?
Agree on the 720S and the safety thing would make sense.
No i posted my time slip to shut you up, not brag. I never submitted that slip to the fast list because in my category it's at the bottom of the list, certainly nothing to brag about.

Quote:
You're probably making a little less to the wheels than a ZL1. On top of that the SS doesn't have the cooling capacity the ZL1 has. So I would assume that your issue is heat if the best you're doing is 11.3 on DRs. Or not enough fuel. But I do not think you're far off from what it should run at it's best. I'd say around 11.1. Some might say mid to high 10s but I'm not too sure about all that.
Definitely less to the wheels than a ZL1. You're wrong on the cooling capacity though, i have one more charge air cooler than the ZL1 and all of the other coolers are the same as Callaway adds a ZL1 intercooler. However i believe one of the auxiliary rads is a secondary intercooler for the ZL1 while it is a 3rd radiator on the SS.
More fuel, a better tune and i'll be in the 10s. That's my only straight line goal, 10.9999999 because I'm a road course guy that still has the F&F kid in me that wants to say one time I have a 10 second car. I hope you build your car to your goals, but those are mine and I'm not in a competition with you.
My competition is at Time Trials.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #371
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
I put a lot of laps in on forza and gran turismo with a good wheel and shifter simulator set up. Without driving assists plus TC/SC off and realistic tires on it can be a very realistic experience.
I have Forza with a Fanatec wheel/pedal setup, and it is a pretty decent simulator. I'm still trying to get the ZL1 dialed in... there's something a little off with the physics in F7.

It's a great way to get laps around a new track, and definitely shortens the learning curve when you get the real car there.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #372
TheRealJA105

Quote:
I put a lot of laps in on forza and gran turismo with a good wheel and shifter simulator set up. Without driving assists plus TC/SC off and realistic tires on it can be a very realistic experience. I always shoot to match Randys times at LS, VIR, big willow and streets of willow... ofcourse I have unlitmited laps and no fear of wrecking on my side lol
I have a cheap Ferrari wheel without force feedback, the good wheels are too expensive gaming for me. I will say in Forza the ZL1 without driving assists is uncontrollable and not even close to real life so I play with them on. Yeah, no fear of the walls in Forza either
Old 02-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #373
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
This is 100% wrong and just as bad as the fanboys on M6G saying it is unbeatable. Truth is it will be a force to be reckoned with in the real world just as the ZL1/ZLE are that M6G crew always discounts in ways like this as well.

Edit: Even though I doubt in my neck of the woods I'll come up against one, especially a CFTP, but you never know.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #374
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I have Forza with a Fanatec wheel/pedal setup, and it is a pretty decent simulator. I'm still trying to get the ZL1 dialed in... there's something a little off with the physics in F7.

It's a great way to get laps around a new track, and definitely shortens the learning curve when you get the real car there.
I've heard F7 isn't the best with force feedback. I just picked up a G920 setup but still need to build a racing stand for it, so haven't played around with it too much.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #375
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post

I agree, I prefer the car list, track list, and features of forza like the customization and drag racing for some side fun, but gran turismo has better physics and much better wheel incorporation. The zl1 1le in there has me on the fence about actuallly getting one lol.. pkus they recently added the LS track.

I have a Logitech g29 for GT and a g920 for Forza, very similar but the ps4 wheel has more inputs.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #376
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
I have a cheap Ferrari wheel without force feedback, the good wheels are too expensive gaming for me. I will say in Forza the ZL1 without driving assists is uncontrollable and not even close to real life so I play with them on. Yeah, no fear of the walls in Forza either
I got a used g920 for 100 bucks with the shifter on ebay lol.

I agree, the zl1 and camaros in general in forza kind of suck and aren't dialed in right. I put better times with an ss than with a mustang GT but they're just not enjoyable or behave realistic imo. The z06, acr, mustang gt, and gt350 feel great though imo.

In GT Sport they're much better and the zl1 1le is a dream to drive.

The gearing in GT seems to be a lot more accurate as well between manual and auto versions. All the ratios are usually spot on. Sometimes forza gets it right but dead wrong on some cars. C7 zr1 for example is a mess regarding the m7 gearing.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #377
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
I've heard F7 isn't the best with force feedback. I just picked up a G920 setup but still need to build a racing stand for it, so haven't played around with it too much.
It isn't, they've put out updates to better the experience but the default settings still aren't great, you'll have to fine tune it but once you do its pretty good. There's lots of good tutorials on youtube to get it decent enough.

GT Sport however is ready and plays amazing right out of the box in default settings.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #378
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
This is 100% wrong and just as bad as the fanboys on M6G saying it is unbeatable. Truth is it will be a force to be reckoned with in the real world just as the ZL1/ZLE are that M6G crew always discounts in ways like this as well.

Edit: Even though I doubt in my neck of the woods I'll come up against one, especially a CFTP, but you never know.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think the 500 will beat the McClaren 720S at then?