#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #15
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Touche. I don't understand your logic. I am a GM fan. I have had many GM's. I like the styling, I've never had a major problem with them, I feel as if they make a good product, etc..

Using your logic, if you buy 3-4 of the same brand, they provide you with flawless performance, you should say "F it" and try something else. To each his own.

I say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.".
No, that's a quantifiable reason to buy the brand again. That's exactly what I meant.
A) I will buy this brand again it's been good. (logic)
B) I will buy this brand again only because it says "brand x" and I am a brand x person. (Fan)
Old 07-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
No, that's a quantifiable reason to buy the brand again. That's exactly what I meant.
A) I will buy this brand again it's been good. (logic)
B) I will buy this brand again only because it says "brand x" and I am a brand x person. (Fan)
Gotcha. I wasn't certain as to what exactly you were getting at. I couldn't imagine too many people would continue to buy junk if it continually let them down.

For example, who in their right mind would think like this:

"I've bought 7 Dodge vehicles. They've all been in the shop more than they've been on the road. Speaking of Dodge, I'm going to need a new car soon.".

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #17
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Gotcha. I wasn't certain as to what exactly you were getting at. I couldn't imagine too many people would continue to buy junk if it continually let them down.

For example, who in their right mind would think like this:

"I've bought 7 Dodge vehicles. They've all been in the shop more than they've been on the road. Speaking of Dodge, I'm going to need a new car soon.".
LOL. You know those people are out there.
If I let brand loyalty get the better of me I wouldn't be enjoying this 1LE right now. I had 3 Chevy work trucks with horrible transmission problems and went to Ford and had stellar performance to the tune of over 285K miles on each of them. However when I decided to get a sports coupe I shopped around instead of just jumping into a Mustang and signing on the line. It pays off to have an open mind.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
LOL. You know those people are out there.
If I let brand loyalty get the better of me I wouldn't be enjoying this 1LE right now. I had 3 Chevy work trucks with horrible transmission problems and went to Ford and had stellar performance to the tune of over 285K miles on each of them. However when I decided to get a sports coupe I shopped around instead of just jumping into a Mustang and signing on the line. It pays off to have an open mind.
Haha! There have to be a few out there. I know if I had a handful of GM's that gave me fits one after another, I'd have to start shopping around. As previously stated, GM has always been my go-to, but constant failure wouldn't be tolerated.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #19
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
In my family, we have had Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Honda, Toyota, Kia, and a Mercedes. It seems like all of them were reliable transportation.

The only car that ever left us stranded was a Toyota Camry, which had a timing belt break without warning and a CV joint go bad (separate incidents). That same car also had electrical gremlins, and at one point, some of the electrical inside the door panel caught fire.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #20
Coors9

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray 2SS RS
All I can say is I'm on my 2nd FX4 . Have had Zero trouble. No that's not true, I did have a brake line with a hole in it. It took them a week to figure it out. I love my tuxedo black Ford. You can hit a nicely curved on or off ramp at speed or higher and there is No roll in the truck. The Chevy can't do that.
Coors9 is offline   Reply With Quote