Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #15
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
The current Colorado, T6 Ranger, and even Hilux all have many visual similarities. It must be the way buyers in this segment like for their trucks to look.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #16
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
But the design & style of the (new for US) Ford Ranger has been out & available in other countries before even when the Colorado/Canyon was revealed. The US reveal is just late to the game. So geee, who's carbon copying who?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:30 AM   #17
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
But the design & style of the (new for US) Ford Ranger has been out & available in other countries before even when the Colorado/Canyon was revealed. The US reveal is just late to the game. So geee, who's carbon copying who?
I'm just going to quite myself here because this may be a "asked and answered" situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
The examples posted are all Global Ranger. Which currently rides on the T6 platform, along with Ford Everest. T6 debuted in 2010, these new offerings Ranger and Bronco will most likely ride on T6's replacement. Something akin to F-150's frame at 70-80%.
T6 has been around since 2010. If this new Ranger is to debut by MY 2019 that means the platform itself will more than likely not be T6. The "New for US" will be just that new, not just the current Global Ranger. So it may not be strictly a "clean sheet" design, but it will be pretty close.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #18
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
If they throw the 2.7L Ecoboost in it, I'll have one in my driveway as soon as its available.
It's probably just me but I find Ford's marketing name for those engines, "Ecoboost," annoying.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #19
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Interesting.

I guess Ford saw how successful the GM twins were and decided better get back in the midszie game.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #20
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
It's probably just me but I find Ford's marketing name for those engines, "Ecoboost," annoying.
I much prefer the original name:

Using the EB name forces Ford to tune these enigines more for FE than performance. If they had stuck with the original we possibly wouldn't see them leaving so much on the table in terms of output with these powerplants.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #21
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Toyota just **** themselves.
Ranger Return comer to the market share yes, @#$% themselves?(heard that amongst other inflated crap when Colorado hit the market as well..

But....
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2015-...les-again-july

and that's an older example the margin is worse now, and that didn't take that long against the supposed new "king of the segment" according to GM fanboys.
Its funny cause I came on to C5 today looking for any articles on the GM Chinese imported Buick that is coming, cant wait to see those good ole' C5 arguments regarding buying American verse Chinese coming from the same company lol

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:52 AM   #22
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Ranger Return comer to the market share yes, @#$% themselves?(heard that amongst other inflated crap when Colorado hit the market as well..

But....
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2015-...les-again-july

and that's an older example the margin is worse now, and that didn't take that long against the supposed new "king of the segment" according to GM fanboys.
Its funny cause I came on to C5 today looking for any articles on the GM Chinese imported Buick that is coming, cant wait to see those good ole' C5 arguments regarding buying American verse Chinese coming from the same company lol
You don't really understand how the auto industry works do you?

Yes, Toyota is ****ing themselves. Colorado/Canyon are still the fastest selling trucks on the market with a massive conquest rate (mostly from Tacoma owners, mind you).

Couple that with the fact Colorado has crushed the supposedly new Tacoma in almost every comparison test. Toyota got caught with their pants down by GM and even with Ford being late to the party, Ranger will do the same thing.

If you honestly don't think Colorado/Canyon has cut into Tacoma's market share, you're delusional. The midsize truck market went from one dominant player to two and is about to expand to three.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #23
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Quote:

Yes, Toyota is ****ing themselves. Colorado/Canyon are still the fastest selling trucks on the market with a massive conquest rate (mostly from Tacoma owners, mind you).

Couple that with the fact Colorado has crushed the supposedly new Tacoma in almost every comparison test. Toyota got caught with their pants down by GM and even with Ford being late to the party, Ranger will do the same thing.

If you honestly don't think Colorado/Canyon has cut into Tacoma's market share, you're delusional. The midsize truck market went from one dominant player to two and is about to expand to three.
Exactly, the amount of sales FMC will make on nameplate alone will be nothing to scoff at.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #24
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:

How do you think Toyota will respond? Or will they do nothing different and stay the course since Tacoma outsold Colorado/Canyon in October by a ratio of 2:1? Most professional auto reviews declare the GM trucks superior so I assume Toyota's brand loyalty and its higher production capacity are what're giving it the sales advantage.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #25
derklug1

Drives: 2016 GT350
It's just nice to know that I will soon be able to update my Ranger. I have no desire for a full size, and even a mid-size is larger than I like. Wish I could just buy a 2016 regular cab small pick-up.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #26
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
How do you think Toyota will respond? Or will they do nothing different and stay the course since Tacoma outsold Colorado/Canyon in October by a ratio of 2:1? Most professional auto reviews declare the GM trucks superior so I assume Toyota's brand loyalty and its higher production capacity are what're giving it the sales advantage.
I doubt they'll sit on their laurels long, but it will take them a bit to release anything truly competitive with the GM and Ford midsize trucks. It'll probably have to be a clean sheet ground up redesign instead of the tweaks they've been doing to Tacoma for years.

Plus as you said, that San Antonio plant is super underutilized while Wentzville is bursting at the seams putting trucks out, while trying to make sure they build enough full size vans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
It's just nice to know that I will soon be able to update my Ranger. I have no desire for a full size, and even a mid-size is larger than I like. Wish I could just buy a 2016 regular cab small pick-up.
I think the new Ranger follows the Colorado/Canyon formula. Don't expect it to be a compact truck.