Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-04-2020, 07:46 AM   #295
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The one time I clipped 130 on a short track (M1 Concourse) I nearly needed an underwear change after the next corner.

Like a famous comedian once said...."first you say it, then you do it"....."Oh $#!t"
Bill Cosby.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #296
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The biggest problem with the GT500 speed limiter is that Ford never gave a legit reason why. They simply said "well where are you gonna go faster than 180?". Apparently these road course warriors and track day monsters are not capable of even getting up to 180. So by their reckoning they could have clipped it at 160. But to not give any logical explanation to me means that something is wrong with this car once it gets to certain speeds. As mentioned, the ZL1 easily goes over 190. Same with the Hellcat. Neither of these manufacturers reasoned that nobody is going that fast. For that matter, neither of these cars showed up on "well cooked" tires either. But Ford did. There is nothing but excuse after excuse for such abysmal performance considering the price. No other cars are plagued with any of the issues it has. And all the statements made about it are all turning out to be false. "Supercar killer"...yet it got destroyed by 2 Supercars. "Venom kills Demons"...yet it could only manage a few tenths faster than the Redeye and then got beaten in a roll race. They raved about how fast it was on straights and it lost to the ZL1/ZLE on a track. The trolls came here talking about how road races would have the GT500 beating the ZL1...and that was all talk because it has a 1 second delay so it gets eaten up. This car has done nothing but fail spectacularly from the start and yet I gotta argue with AJ about a damn "road course"?? LOL!! Eff outta here. The GT500 is a flop considering the hype, time it took to build, the benchmarking, the price, and how it actually performs. And it hasn't even gone up against cars like the Z06, ZR1, GTR...because it is busy against the WRX LOL!! Rant over.

And I hope I come across one on my "road course" one day. If it is after the first part of my build is done then it won't even stand a chance.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #297
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The one time I clipped 130 on a short track (M1 Concourse) I nearly needed an underwear change after the next corner.

Like a famous comedian once said...."first you say it, then you do it"....."Oh $#!t"
So addictive... the speed... not the $#!ting... that's just something you accept, haha!
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #298
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Who says I never been on a track? You think you know a lot about me and you really don't. And you don't have any of the cars being discussed nor are you getting one. I currently have 2 of the cars being discussed. And I'll have a C8 in a few months which will be 3 of the 4 cars being discussed. Therefore you have no business opening your mouth about cars that are far out of your reach.
You haven't corrected me on one thing. Let's get that out of the way. Before you even hobbled over here, everything you had to say was discussed at length. We done discussed all this, moved on, revisited it, left it alone, and came back again long time ago in threads that we long ago abandoned. You showed up here from wherever you were for one reason and that was for attention. You were bored and your first act here was to pick a fight with me. Just like your friends from M6G have been doing. So don't try to fool anyone into thinking you're some whiz kid because you really aren't. In fact I'm still waiting for some proof that you own anything or do any of the stuff you talk about. Because you don't seem to know much at all.
Oh bullshit. Nobody is asking what the slowest runs were or to discuss the slowest runs. But it helps to see the range to know if the car is consistent and can repeat these runs or if it a $94K one pump chump. If I'm paying this much money then I damn sure wanna know if I can run once and that's it and have to spend another $1600+ on tires or if it can repeat a good run a few times.
I don't care. If you're struggling this much to figure it out then like I said, stick to what you do and I'll stick to what I do. IDGAF how slow your SS is or if you never took it over 130 MPH or if you possibly can't understand that there are places where you can drive fast or what. You and you Mustang boys however seem obsessed with every detail about me and my life. So if you're that concerned and want to know that much then start asking around the car community and someone will gladly either tell you outright or hint you along.
There are plenty of people who go that fast and faster. You're just not one of them.
You know less about me than I know about you as you refuse to do the simplest research available by either going to the track section of the forum or clicking my username and searching my posts. Also my SS is faster than your cars. I did run over a 12 on one of my 15 or so runs that day though so my car must be really inconsistent.
Attached Images

TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #299
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Yep, "track" does not have to be a road course. Multiple places out there to enjoy your car without worrying about the cops.

Let's address the root of the track argument as pertains to the new GT500, which was Blaqwhole correctly identifying the fact that the new GT500 having a top speed limited to 180 is sad. It's pretty pathetic that this overpriced Ford has the same top speed as a Camaro SS that costs about half as much in true price. Consider that if Ford was aiming at the Hellcat and ZL1, they've had since 2015 and 2017 respectively to compete. The fact that they did so poorly in this aspect means that we can only speculate why, with 760hp, does it have the same top speed as a 455hp Camaro? For those who don't personally care about speed, at least admit that both the Hellcat and ZL1 having pretty fast top speeds (neighborhood of 200) carries some bragging rights, and it's strange that Ford allowed their more-expensive car to get spanked by both of these older models.
Why is the discussion focused on what one guy may, or may not, have done with his personal car when it really comes down to this? A discussion about the technical limits of the cars and why Ford needed to limit their top dog.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #300
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
The launch control in the zr1 is awesome? I have never head anyone claim as much, especially compared to high end cars with hood launch systems.

The zr1s is probably no better than the zl1s and gt500s, but it does have more weight over the rear wheels.
I think it was the MT first drive review that mentioned how impressive it was, maybe I am remembering it incorrectly.

Quote:
I wonder if the C8s will have this issue...
that I don't know. Maybe it won't be as bad or maybe it will be just enough to be noticeable. I remember going from my 04 to 07 the switch from a throttle cable to drive by wire drove me insane. That slight delay, I couldn't cut a light to save my life in the 07. I could chop the tree down in my 04.

Quote:
The biggest problem with the GT500 speed limiter is that Ford never gave a legit reason why. They simply said "well where are you gonna go faster than 180?". Apparently these road course warriors and track day monsters are not capable of even getting up to 180. So by their reckoning they could have clipped it at 160. But to not give any logical explanation to me means that something is wrong with this car once it gets to certain speeds. As mentioned, the ZL1 easily goes over 190. Same with the Hellcat. Neither of these manufacturers reasoned that nobody is going that fast..
The only issue I have with the speed limit thing, is you saying that is unstable past 180 as fact. That is opinion, now I have said many pages ago you may very well be right until someone unlocks the ECU and has the area to run it we won't now . I just don't like people spouting opinions as fact. And you seem to be really the only person that cares about it.

Maybe someone here can check the math someone on 6g said because this topic came up over there again and this is above my pay grade lol. Their theory on the speed cap was they said based on the gearing, and trans ratios blah blah that the GT500 should have a theoretical top speed of 190 but at 190 it would be bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th gear because I believe 6th and 7th are OD gears. I think I have that right I am going off memory and not gonna dig through over there to find it word for word. I am not smart enough to figure that out, anyone care to chime in lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #301
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
A full second to do that seems like a long time to me. I've never owned a DCT so maybe it's normal.
Not normal in my experience.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #302
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Probably to keep the car under control because it has traction issues.
Has to have to do with the clutch slip and switching from neutral and well as drivetrain saving provisions I assume. Almost a half second of sitting there doing nothing probably has nothing to do with traction management.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 02-04-2020 at 09:07 AM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:55 AM   #303
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
A full second to do that seems like a long time to me. I've never owned a DCT so maybe it's normal.
Definately not a full second... that's just what's been thrown around by Ford guys saying how unfair it is lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #304
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Why is the discussion focused on what one guy may, or may not, have done with his personal car when it really comes down to this? A discussion about the technical limits of the cars and why Ford needed to limit their top dog.
Agreed, it really makes a lot of these threads unreadable and hard to follow sometimes.

Take it to PM guys if you really want to argue about the same things over and over in every thread please.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #305
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think it was the MT first drive review that mentioned how impressive it was, maybe I am remembering it incorrectly.

that I don't know. Maybe it won't be as bad or maybe it will be just enough to be noticeable. I remember going from my 04 to 07 the switch from a throttle cable to drive by wire drove me insane. That slight delay, I couldn't cut a light to save my life in the 07. I could chop the tree down in my 04.

The only issue I have with the speed limit thing, is you saying that is unstable past 180 as fact. That is opinion, now I have said many pages ago you may very well be right until someone unlocks the ECU and has the area to run it we won't now . I just don't like people spouting opinions as fact. And you seem to be really the only person that cares about it.

Maybe someone here can check the math someone on 6g said because this topic came up over there again and this is above my pay grade lol. Their theory on the speed cap was they said based on the gearing, and trans ratios blah blah that the GT500 should have a theoretical top speed of 190 but at 190 it would be bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th gear because I believe 6th and 7th are OD gears. I think I have that right I am going off memory and not gonna dig through over there to find it word for word. I am not smart enough to figure that out, anyone care to chime in lol.
I've also heard it may be gearing related, still they should let it get to the rev limiter and let it reach top speed that way like the regular m6 zl1 does. The thing is geared lile a manual so it makes sense but at the same time you would think it could gain some even with a tall 6th gear with 760hp.

Ford should stop being lame and put an m7 on it, you could even keep it geared the same
Old 02-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #306
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
You know less about me than I know about you as you refuse to do the simplest research available by either going to the track section of the forum or clicking my username and searching my posts. Also my SS is faster than your cars. I did run over a 12 on one of my 15 or so runs that day though so my car must be really inconsistent.
Nice, what do you have done to your ss JA?
Old 02-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #307
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

The general reason for a very high top speed is marketing. There really are hardly any places you can do the 160 plus so I guess I don't get the point. We don't have and never will have a track like the 'Ring here so if it can't be reached on tracks like RA or Cota it is pointless to me personally.

I get some like to do the Texas Mile etc so I get for that. It is still a very small use case though.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:09 AM   #308
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I've also heard it may be gearing related, still they should let it get to the rev limiter and let it reach top speed that way like the regular m6 zl1 does. The thing is geared lile a manual so it makes sense but at the same time you would think it could gain some even with a tall 6th gear with 760hp.

Ford should stop being lame and put an m7 on it, you could even keep it geared the same
Agreed, it would make the interior look nicer to IMO.