Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #15
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I was trying to remember if two weeks was a car thing too but then I saw your location.

Well played good sir.
Haha.

Cool to see another calgunner here.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #16
bucknerbuck2

Drives: C7 Z51 M7
Only time I would believe a car dealership with any statement regarding 2 weeks is if I had dated a sales woman and she told me she was two weeks late.
Pretty much every other scenario is a lie.
bucknerbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #17
bruinmd

Drives: 2016 2SS Vert/Black/M6/NPP/Mag ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknerbuck2 View Post
Only time I would believe a car dealership with any statement regarding 2 weeks is if I had dated a sales woman and she told me she was two weeks late.
duly noted.
so when the rep told him 2 weeks the rep was FOS?

Interestingly, a competitor dealership said they can take orders now but they have the same rep as the other dealership, which tells me that they are blowing smoke. They will likely take the order but didn't have the guts to tell me there the order won't go through for at least 2 weeks.......if the rep is to be believed.

I dealt directly with the sales manager and he spoke with the rep with me sitting there, so I'm not sure why he would make that time frame up, but if so, that makes me wonder how much longer we are going to have a real answer
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #18
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknerbuck2 View Post
You Rock dude. Got me laughing on that one.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 PM   #19
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Yep I just put in an offer in on a Porsche Spyder that I have been thinking about...Done with the GM delay BS, they most likely lost a great customer over being silent...
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 PM   #20
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Yep I just put in an offer in on a Porsche Spyder that I have been thinking about...Done with the GM delay BS, they most likely lost a great customer over being silent...
Well yea we haven't been able to order yet but when you really think about there hasn't been a true "delay" yet. They are still on track to make 4th quarter deliveries like was promised in the press release for ZL1 and 1LE. The ZL1 already has a TPW of 17Oct, I am guessing it will be the same for the first batch of 1LE's, we just have to be patient.

The problem is it sounds like you have money burning a hole in your pocket haha which so do I haha
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #21
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Naw, not about the money, it's about the car (well except for depreciation) and my desires....AND the biggie, finding a low mileage Spyder with PDK. I believe the 1LE will be a slightly faster car but it won't hold any value after 6 months. The Spyder IS a great car and will never lose value and it is available NOW, not some pie in the sky date in the future. So it all depends on the porsche dealer now.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM   #22
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I hate dealing with GM lol. Haven't been able to find what I'm looking for used (black 09-10 4.7L Vantage manual or 12-13 991 Carrera manual) though.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #23
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Well yea we haven't been able to order yet but when you really think about there hasn't been a true "delay" yet. They are still on track to make 4th quarter deliveries like was promised in the press release for ZL1 and 1LE. The ZL1 already has a TPW of 17Oct, I am guessing it will be the same for the first batch of 1LE's, we just have to be patient.
^ This. They said forth quarter from day one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Naw, not about the money, it's about the car (well except for depreciation) and my desires....AND the biggie, finding a low mileage Spyder with PDK. I believe the 1LE will be a slightly faster car but it won't hold any value after 6 months. The Spyder IS a great car and will never lose value and it is available NOW, not some pie in the sky date in the future. So it all depends on the porsche dealer now.
You keep bringing up "value" and "resale", if you base your car purchases on this, it's quite frankly not the smartest thing. If you really want to track your car a lot, you are buying the wrong car for a few reasons. 1- If you must have a Porsche like that, get a Cayman with a roof, rigidity is key. 2- If you care so much about "value" and "resale", they why in the world are you tracking it? That will KILL the resale. Porsche people who want that particular car, are not going to want a tracked/abused car. I know this as my dad has owned multiple Porsches, and I know how these people are. And in this day and age you can't hide it, I can tell by looking at a car if it's been tracked, and with the internet, VIN's, names, forums, etc, it is pretty easy to find out if a car has been tracked. I've done it before...sorry to say, your logic is well off sir.

Last edited by SS 1LE; 09-20-2016 at 07:46 AM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #24
bruinmd

Drives: 2016 2SS Vert/Black/M6/NPP/Mag ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
^ This. They said forth quarter from day one...

You keep bringing up "value" and "resale", if you base your car purchases on this, it's quite frankly not the smartest thing. If you really want to track your car a lot, you are buying the wrong car for a few reasons. 1- If you must have a Porsche like that, get a Cayman with a roof, rigidity is key. 2- If you care so much about "value" and "resale", they why in the world are you tracking it? That will KILL the resale. Porsche people who want that particular car, are not going to want a tracked/abused car. I know this as my dad has owned multiple Porsches, and I know how these people are. And in this day and age you can't hide it, I can tell by looking at a car if it's been tracked, and with the internet, VIN's, names, forums, etc, it is pretty easy to find out if a car has been tracked. I've done it before...sorry to say, your logic is well off sir.
Having owned 2 porsches, I must agree with this.
Only one of them ever saw the track (my GTS) and that too was only one weekend.

Most people with gen 1 Spyders (981's) aren't tracking that car, even though it was built with that in mind -- basically being the boxter version of the Cayman-R
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
We had zero allocations in the first round, but my customer requested that we put it in the system at 1100 status a week or so ago anyway.

It's at 3400 as of today, I'm guessing one of the dealers that got the allocation didn't use it.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote