Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
2018 Nightfall Grey SS 1LE

This is day 1 when she came home. I had my eye on the 1LE's since they came back for 2017 but wasnt ready to bite the bullet because i knew the 2019's would be out soon. Well the photos of the 2019 immediately confirmed that i wouldn't have buyer's remorse for not waiting.

I feel i got a good deal on her. It's a 1ss 1le. It was exactly how i would have ordered my car with the exception of not having the PDR on it but it did have several options that were just icing on the cake. The dealer put the GM cold air, black bowties, and the factory sway bar on it. All things i wanted but wouldn't have paid msrp for if i were to have special ordered the car. I've already changed all the lights and bulbs to modernize her a little bit, overall i'm very happy with the quality of all the parts i've used thus far.

This is my old truck i traded in on the camaro. I loved the truck but i was just getting bored of it and wanted something fun to drive again. It had full exhaust, a 3/6 drop, all the chrome color matched, recon tails, recon 3rd brake light, tuned and a badass stereo, subs and amps. i really miss the stereo. the sound in the camaro is really... really bad, but i didn't buy the car for the music and i still find myself with the windows down listening to the exhaust.

I love modding my cars and day 2 I ordered the gm black tail lights, black 3rd brake light, diode dynamics led side markers, suede knee pads, and suede dash pad.

These are the pictures of the progress from week 1

This is the factory tails and 3rd brake light

This is the black tails w/reverse light led upgrade from phasetek and led 3rd brake light, i've also added diode dynamics plate bulbs to match the led reverse lights in the tails(not in the picture though)

These are the stock sidemarkers

These are the Diode Dynamics

More mods to come and will add to this thread as they come. Next up is paint correction and ceramic coating on 6/4. Stay tuned

Last edited by benjj; 06-03-2018 at 11:12 AM.
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
That looks awesome man. I love the Night Fall Gray with those graphite wheels. Chevy did the 1LE proper.

I am picking up my 2SS 1LE in the same color this weekend.

Like you, I plan on doing the smoked taillights and 3rd brake light. I also plan on replacing the side badges with 1LE badges , Expel the front bumper.

Then after about a few months will decide if I want to do the BMR lowering springs, and a Corsa Exhaust in the black chrome tips.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
nice looks good not sure what the factory swaybars are tho? the 1le comes with bigger ones than a ss model so thats weird lol

also i would remove the side badges and ss logos and replace them with the 1le emblems they look awesome i think emblempros.com sells em
Old 07-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
I love the look of the 1LE in NFG. I was really into the dark tail light look but i saw the 2019 Camaro and now idk if i want my ride to be associated with that look. Still on the fence about it...
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
I love the look of the 1LE in NFG. I was really into the dark tail light look but i saw the 2019 Camaro and now idk if i want my ride to be associated with that look. Still on the fence about it...
LOL, dude, what in the hell were they thinking??

I mean I could get with the shape of the rear taillights, but to not have them have a definite end and just wrap around the bumper and create a bug look is horrible.

They also destroyed the SS front end as well, with the black center plastic piece and that flow thru bow tie.

The only positive thing they did were give it LED headlights and the improved infotainment system.

So glad I am getting a 2018.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
benjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
nice looks good not sure what the factory swaybars are tho? the 1le comes with bigger ones than a ss model so thats weird lol

also i would remove the side badges and ss logos and replace them with the 1le emblems they look awesome i think emblempros.com sells em
My mistake on the sway bar comment, I meant strut tower brace. I edited the post like 5 times and missed that. I might end up debadging it like I did my truck but would end up leaving the black bow ties.

I’ve also added zl1addons tow hook and lift pads recently, both are quality pieces.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
haha oh all good i have the gm strut bar also and i have the tow hook and jack pack and agree nice pieces but i only put on my tow hook when i go to the track
Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #8
benjj

My last truck was lowered and I had some bad luck to say the least when it came to blown out tires. I had highway patrol lay spike strips out on me on one occasion and another I hit a 2x4 that I didn’t see on another that bent a wheel. Both times resulted in a tow truck. Im going to leave the hook on for those “oh shit” moments. I also like how it looks too because you know... race car
Old 07-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
spike strips? omg do tell?!
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #10
benjj

So I get off work about 2 a.m. and hop on the freeway home. I’ve got my cruise control set to 75 and as I’m passing under a freeway overpass I see 2 DPS truck on each side of the freeway. As I approach, I see them lay out the strips and I hit every tire with it. At that point I’m just thinking it’s the most aggressive 10 mph over the speed limit ticket ever so I pull my beat up tires to the side. Not 20 seconds later another little s10 comes flying by with 3 DPS units in pursuit and hits the same strip. The guy was wanted for domestic battery and evading police and I just happen to be the only other person on the freeway and was lucky enough to be driving a truck, not the same truck model, just a truck.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #11
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjj View Post
So I get off work about 2 a.m. and hop on the freeway home. I’ve got my cruise control set to 75 and as I’m passing under a freeway overpass I see 2 DPS truck on each side of the freeway. As I approach, I see them lay out the strips and I hit every tire with it. At that point I’m just thinking it’s the most aggressive 10 mph over the speed limit ticket ever so I pull my beat up tires to the side. Not 20 seconds later another little s10 comes flying by with 3 DPS units in pursuit and hits the same strip. The guy was wanted for domestic battery and evading police and I just happen to be the only other person on the freeway and was lucky enough to be driving a truck, not the same truck model, just a truck.
Did they cover the cost of damages?
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #12
benjj

Ya, they covered a majority of it but didn’t cover the entire bill because I had some miles on them. I was just happy they didn’t just tell me I was SOL.