#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #43
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I'm one of the 90% who will never go on a track, but I will never go to the store either.
You ever see how people drive in a store parking lot?

I don't care about status, or I would have gotten a Corvette, I just wanted the most performance for the dollar, and not just straight line.

And to me the 1LE is magical.
Boom.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #44
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I'm one of the 90% who will never go on a track, but I will never go to the store either.

I don't care about status, or I would have gotten a Corvette, I just wanted the most performance for the dollar, and not just straight line.

Exactly! Thank you sir.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #45
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Some will argue an automatic will improve performance also. If you're a true "purist" you wouldn't need rev match, no lift, and any performance modes, and most certainly don't need a vinyl sticker on a painted hood.

90% of the owners of the 1LE will never track the car, they just want the status of a track car to drive to and from work or the store. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is no need making the 1LE into something magical it's not.
The 1LE is not a track only car, in the 2018 Camaro sales brochure about the 1LE it says, 1LE. CAMARO,ONLY MORE SO. More Engineering.More aero. More Downforce. More of Everything that connects the DRIVER to the Asphalt . 1LE is the Camaro with that extra edge . Chevy words not mine but it sums the 1LE up really good.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #46
R.C. Collins

Quote:
90% of the owners of the 1LE will never track the car, they just want the status of a track car to drive to and from work or the store.
You paint 90% of owners with a broad brush without any facts to back it up. You make the assumption that anyone who doesn't track their car is a posuer. My 1LE is strictly a weekend toy. Hell, i have it parked in CA even though i live in OR, because some of the best roads in America are right outside where it's stored (NW of Los Angeles). That, and the weather is usually good. The 1LE owners i've met are genuine enthusiasts and drive their cars hard. You don't have to be on a track to flog a 1LE. Just ask those of us who hit SR 33 and 58 on a regular basis. You should try owning one...you may change your mind about us 90%.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #47
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:

Took them words out of my mouth
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #48
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
DCT and Torque-converted automatics are not even close to the same thing! A10 is still has a torque converter.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #49
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
The 1LE is not a track only car, in the 2018 Camaro sales brochure about the 1LE it says, 1LE. CAMARO,ONLY MORE SO. More Engineering.More aero. More Downforce. More of Everything that connects the DRIVER to the Asphalt . 1LE is the Camaro with that extra edge . Chevy words not mine but it sums the 1LE up really good.
Google Camaro 1LE and the first result is Chevrolet’s webpage for it which says...

CAMARO 1LE TRACK PACKAGE

Doesn’t say street package, or backroads package, it’s a package designed for the track. What you do with it is your choice, but the simple fact remains 90% of the owners will never take them to the track. I’m sorry the truth strikes a nerve with some owners but it is what it is.
Attached Images

Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #50
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Google Camaro 1LE and the first result is Chevrolet’s webpage for it which says...

CAMARO 1LE TRACK PACKAGE

Doesn’t say street package, or backroads package, it’s a package designed for the track. What you do with it is your choice, but the simple fact remains 90% of the owners will never take them to the track. I’m sorry the truth strikes a nerve with some owners but it is what it is.
Where does it say track only ? The 1LE is a performance package . I have owned two 1LEs Gen5 and Gen6 and i have never driven a more capable backroad car . It has a track tuned suspension but so does most great sports cars .With your thinking i guess all pickup trucks are just for farm work.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #51
R.C. Collins

Quote:

CAMARO 1LE TRACK PACKAGE

You're either a dreamer or a troll. There's nothing wrong with wanting to own a 1LE some day; just don't be envious of those of us who do. That's why you hang around the 1LE forum, right? Otherwise, you're just trolling.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #52
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
DCT and Torque-converted automatics are not even close to the same thing! A10 is still has a torque converter.
They both shift gears for you, so they are both automatic.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:16 PM   #53
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
I don't understand this outcry for an "Automatic 1LE". Granted, my knowledge base is more informed on the 5th gens (which I own) vs the newer 6th gens, but I imagine the differences are still similar. In the 5th gens, the 1LE was only available on SS cars, and it got you upgraded suspension and a different variant manual transmission than what came on a "regular" manual SS car. However, they offered the "1LE Suspension package" upgrade for automatic SS cars.

The different manual transmission variant and different gearing was what made the actual "1LE" cars a 1LE. An Automatic one would be a suspension upgrade only. So, what is it then that makes people say there ought to be one? It is a manual car marketed to those who prefer a standard transmission. I love taking mine up in the mountains on winding roads and driving it there, it really shines in an environment like that.

You 6th gen guys have 1LE everything. LT, SS and ZL1 1LE's, and now I hear there is even a 4 cylinder Turbo version? Chevrolet is catering to every market segment with the performance package. One might say it kinda cheapens what made a 1LE special to begin with, but now everyone can say they have a 1LE.

If you prefer Auto, then 1LE just isn't for you, and frankly, wouldn't make much sense anyway when there is a suspension upgrade option available for the auto cars already that is essentially what you are saying you want.

Basically you're just jealous of a vinyl hood wrap and the ability to say you have a 1LE? I don't get it. Auto Camaro any model + suspension upgrade kit exists already, so what exactly is it that you aren't getting? Or does that combo not exist on the 6th gens?
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #54
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:

CAMARO 1LE TRACK PACKAGE

May I point out thats a ZL1 1LE. I'm sure you can daily drive that as much as you can drive our car but with the aero I am pretty sure that is marketing 100% towards track.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #55
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
May I point out thats a ZL1 1LE. I'm sure you can daily drive that as much as you can drive our car but with the aero I am pretty sure that is marketing 100% towards track.
If you'd actually look at the page it's calling it a track model for all versions, ZL1, SS, and V6.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:53 AM   #56
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
You're either a dreamer or a troll. There's nothing wrong with wanting to own a 1LE some day; just don't be envious of those of us who do. That's why you hang around the 1LE forum, right? Otherwise, you're just trolling.
I look at all the sub sections because I like the Camaro and own one. I clicked on the link because I'm interested in an auto 1LE if one was made and joined the discussion. Not sure if you understand, but that's how a message forum works.