Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #29
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Replacement or supplemental lift pump?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #30
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Very nice! Very tempting.
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:38 AM   #31
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Has the first car turned the pistons back into powder yet?

Kit + pump + E85 - cam = 675 to the wheels? Scary...
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #32
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post

Another uneducated comment....

750whp is at the moment, what is widely considered safe, or the limit for the LT1. And there are people above that.....675 is easy. Adding meth, and e85 only lets you run more timing...=more horsepower...safely. So why would that contribute to it?

Ask Jessrayo if his pistons have gone to powder yet? I believe it's him that has the first one that was done by AGP, he is not affraid to drive it hard, nor is he scared of spending money on an engine.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #33
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
Replacement or supplemental lift pump?
The lift pump is a separate line with external pump run in parallel to the stock line. The external pump can be heard at times but keeps line pressure up well into the limits of the LT4 mechanical pump on stock cam lobes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post

There is a lot of debate on this but turbo cars can usually tolerate a little more peak power than supercharged cars because the supercharger drive power is more than the turbo drive power. For example lets say a 2.3 liter supercharger takes 60 horsepower to turn against 10 pounds of boost resistance. The turbos don't have the direct parasitic losses because even though they boost exhaust pressures, this is not as significant a load on an engine as driving a supercharger with a belt.

The short answer is that the pistons are holding up fine so far. Almost 7000 miles right now. I will confess that it is currently running the 650 whp pump gas tune though and not the 730 whp race gas tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Another uneducated comment....

750whp is at the moment, what is widely considered safe, or the limit for the LT1. And there are people above that.....675 is easy. Adding meth, and e85 only lets you run more timing...=more horsepower...safely. So why would that contribute to it?

Ask Jessrayo if his pistons have gone to powder yet? I believe it's him that has the first one that was done by AGP, he is not affraid to drive it hard, nor is he scared of spending money on an engine.
Yes, mine is the AGP prototype LT1 build. No problems with powder, this 2016 twin turbo seems to only come out of the garage when I feel like beating on something or someone wants to break their personal record for the fastest speed they have ever experienced in a car. I'm pretty sure it is about 140 mph in the 1/4 and around 180 mph in the mile. The speedometer on this one has seen about 195 mph. So far it is completely flawless. I drove it all the way from Arizona to Oklahoma and it is fine. The only issue I have is that it has a single nozzle that sprays methanol when it is above 5 pounds of boost. I have gone through a lot of methanol. I don't drive it gently so most of the time it easily empties the 1 gallon meth tank before a single tank of gas.

I'm no stranger to engine work....lol. My 2013 ZL1 is in for its 4th engine rebuild right now. Going over 1200 whp has been hard on engines. Last trip to the Texas mile fractured the head casting and then leaked the coolant into a cylinder.... at 200 mph.

If the LT1 turns the pistons to powder I'll rebuild the whole bottom, forged with lower compression pistons....but so far the AGP kit on the LT1 is unbreakable. And the car is fast.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #34
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
I have about 10,000 miles on my build. No piston dust yet.
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #35
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Just like the LS3 the LT1 will take time to show people what it can and can't take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #36
Gmanuel

Drives: 2007 335i
Has anyone heard anything from AGP? I tried checking the thread in the classifieds, but get an error. Seems the thread was deleted? I had the same problem with another thread, but was able to open it by going to a different page of the thread. Possible site issue?
Gmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #37
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanuel View Post
Has anyone heard anything from AGP? I tried checking the thread in the classifieds, but get an error. Seems the thread was deleted? I had the same problem with another thread, but was able to open it by going to a different page of the thread. Possible site issue?
Looks like multiple threads down there are having that issue.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #38
Gmanuel

Drives: 2007 335i
Thought that might be the case. Probably just invalid links. I'll try checking from my computer, kind of hard to check from my phone.
Gmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #39
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Camaro6 just started their sponsorship requirements. So they killed all old sales threads from before sponsorships started. We a few kits complete and a few more kits that we have only shipped partials to. Email us directly if you have any questions. Intercoolers and the last turbos are shipping today.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #40
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Camaro6 just started their sponsorship requirements. So they killed all old sales threads from before sponsorships started. We a few kits complete and a few more kits that we have only shipped partials to. Email us directly if you have any questions. Intercoolers and the last turbos are shipping today.
I see the 5th gen kit on your site. Is the 6th gen kit going to be on there? I also see that you have a G8 kit. Does that kit the SS Sedan?
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:54 AM   #41
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Fyi - drop in pistons to support well over 700whp
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-ring-kit.html
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #42
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
This kit looks great and I can't wait to see what kind of 1/4 mile time it's able to hit. Hopefully more people go turbo. It's great to see different builds and what can be achieved with each of them.

I haven't been able to drive my car much since getting it back because of winter here, I did have a few nice days where I drove it hard and so far so good. The company that started all of that piston failure stuff after 700rwhp was also selling aftermarket forged pistons. It's hard to know what to believe. You could replace the pistons and then something else could go. It's also relative to how the person uses the car, the tune and the car itself. Once you start doubling the stock output of an engine I'd say all bets are off. The rods and other smaller components make sense to replace, but you'd probably be better off taking that money and putting it towards a different motor.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote