Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #43
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
The car is done and sitting in Arizona ready for me to bring it home. I still have not seen a dyno sheet but I got the numbers over the phone. Car made 660whp and 700wtq with the lift pump upgrade. It has the newest, fastest spooling turbos available that I'm told have only been available for a few months. We will need to get AGP to give us the specifics on the turbos.... It is supposed to be making boost as fast as the 8 speed transmission can hit a downshift. No perceptible lag I'm told. I will have to get it on the road course to really see for myself how the transitions to power feel coming out of fast corners.... Those dyno numbers are really good, that matches the whp ADM got when it dynoed a stock Hellcat and beats the fat kitty by 90 ft/pounds of torque (that was the car I was shooting for in total power).

The guy I have been using as a car hauler had a death in the family so my scheduled pick-up had to get pushed back. I elected at the last minute to just fly out to Arizona and drive the car home so tomorrow morning I will be on the road for 1000 miles.... When I get home on Saturday night or Sunday I should have a very good idea about the car.
Wow. Congratulations, sir. Awesome numbers!!!! I am reeeeally jealous.

If it is not too much to ask, would you be able to post a list of the parts installed in the car to get to these numbers? I just want to have a reference to be able to correlate parts and results.

Have fun on your 1000 miles journey back home. I am sure it will be a fun one!!!

Thanks.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:31 AM   #44
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Wow. Congratulations, sir. Awesome numbers!!!! I am reeeeally jealous.

If it is not too much to ask, would you be able to post a list of the parts installed in the car to get to these numbers? I just want to have a reference to be able to correlate parts and results.

Have fun on your 1000 miles journey back home. I am sure it will be a fun one!!!

Thanks.
I must admit I'm pretty excited.... probably won't hardly sleep at all tonight. Hope I don't end up in jail on the way home....lol.

Concerning the parts, you would have to get a detailed list from AGP. I'm pretty casual with Kevin, I think now that he did this Camaro I have probably had a car in one of his shop bays for about 12 months in the last 3 years. My invoice just had an AGP turbo kit and a fuel system upgrade. As far as I know he plans to have the parts that were custom fabricated for my build mass produced in castings so he can sell complete kits that need nothing else. All this is in the works and the details I'm sure will come directly from AGP. I do know they have a lot of irons in the fire right now but Kevin loves these Camaros and wants to get top quality kits out to people that want them. Try to be patient...... I'm already convinced this kit is going to give one of the best power to dollar ratios available for the 6th gen....and room for a lot of power on the stock bottom end.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #45
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
I must admit I'm pretty excited.... probably won't hardly sleep at all tonight. Hope I don't end up in jail on the way home....lol.

Concerning the parts, you would have to get a detailed list from AGP. I'm pretty casual with Kevin, I think now that he did this Camaro I have probably had a car in one of his shop bays for about 12 months in the last 3 years. My invoice just had an AGP turbo kit and a fuel system upgrade. As far as I know he plans to have the parts that were custom fabricated for my build mass produced in castings so he can sell complete kits that need nothing else. All this is in the works and the details I'm sure will come directly from AGP. I do know they have a lot of irons in the fire right now but Kevin loves these Camaros and wants to get top quality kits out to people that want them. Try to be patient...... I'm already convinced this kit is going to give one of the best power to dollar ratios available for the 6th gen....and room for a lot of power on the stock bottom end.
This sounds great!!! I will be patient with the "process". It will take sometime which is not bad anyway as I have to budget for it (that is what happens when you have two kids in college ). Time is on my side (even if I don't like it).

You need to make sure you get some sleep so you will be ready for the drive back .

It would be cool if you could take some pictures of the journey back and post here.

Thanks again and have a safe drive back!!
Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #46
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
I elected at the last minute to just fly out to Arizona and drive the car home so tomorrow morning I will be on the road for 1000 miles....
Thats what I did when I first got my AGP kit installed, I picked it up from FSP, and drove it all the way back to Toledo, Ohio, When I left Bradenton, I had almost a new set of tires, by the time I got to Atlanta, they were shot..Picking it up again next month, and driving it back to Toledo, its a 1300 mile drive. The car will make it better!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #47
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I made it home. The car is amazing, A freaking MAZ ing.... I went north through the national forests and mountains and I was all smiles for the first several hours. I particularly loved shocking motorcycle riders as I pulled up next to them on the steep hill climbs with passing lanes and then would mash it and leave them.... Had one of those BMW X5 SUV that was going pretty fast and he thought no one was faster than he was....he was wrong. :0

I must say though, I didn't realize the car's lights were so bright but the last few hundred miles on back roads many people were flashing brights at me like crazy and I would just have to really show them what a blinding light was when I hit the real high beams....it was even blinding me reflecting off signs..... if I came up behind people at night they would immediately put their high beams on after I passed and would try to ride right behind me.... of course they would get a quick lesson in what twin turbos do for acceleration and the high beams behind me quickly disappeared....

The turbos really spool fast....here is a link to the model.... Borg Warner EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbos, Titanium alloy turbine wheels.... I have always preferred the instant power of PD superchargers for my type of driving but these turbos may totally convert me.... So far I'm very, very happy with my car!

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/aftermarket/efr.aspx

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:46 PM   #48
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
That's great, Congratulations!
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #49
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
I made it home. The car is amazing, A freaking MAZ ing.... I went north through the national forests and mountains and I was all smiles for the first several hours. I particularly loved shocking motorcycle riders as I pulled up next to them on the steep hill climbs with passing lanes and then would mash it and leave them.... Had one of those BMW X5 SUV that was going pretty fast and he thought no one was faster than he was....he was wrong. :0

I must say though, I didn't realize the car's lights were so bright but the last few hundred miles on back roads many people were flashing brights at me like crazy and I would just have to really show them what a blinding light was when I hit the real high beams....it was even blinding me reflecting off signs..... if I came up behind people at night they would immediately put their high beams on after I passed and would try to ride right behind me.... of course they would get a quick lesson in what twin turbos do for acceleration and the high beams behind me quickly disappeared....

The turbos really spool fast....here is a link to the model.... Borg Warner EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbos, Titanium alloy turbine wheels.... I have always preferred the instant power of PD superchargers for my type of driving but these turbos may totally convert me.... So far I'm very, very happy with my car!

http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/aftermarket/efr.aspx
Awesome!!! Congratulations. Glad you made home safely.

Out of curiosity, did you dynoed it to see what numbers you were getting?
Old 05-31-2016, 07:30 AM   #50
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Thats what I did when I first got my AGP kit installed, I picked it up from FSP, and drove it all the way back to Toledo, Ohio, When I left Bradenton, I had almost a new set of tires, by the time I got to Atlanta, they were shot..Picking it up again next month, and driving it back to Toledo, its a 1300 mile drive. The car will make it better!
It would be cool to see your car in person. I am around 3.5 hours away from FSP/Matt. Do you know when you are coming to pick the car up?

My work schedule permitting and if it would be OK with you, I would try to get up there to see the car in person.

It would be cool.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #51
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
It would be cool to see your car in person. I am around 3.5 hours away from FSP/Matt. Do you know when you are coming to pick the car up?

My work schedule permitting and if it would be OK with you, I would try to get up there to see the car in person.

It would be cool.
I should be down in Bradenton in two weeks, they have the motor on the cradle and it won't be too much longer now. PM me your number and ill text you when I make my flight reservations.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #52
MIAMI2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I should be down in Bradenton in two weeks, they have the motor on the cradle and it won't be too much longer now. PM me your number and ill text you when I make my flight reservations.
Cool. Will do.

Thanks.