Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
jamoka3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS (2SS, A8, NPP MRC)
Question 2018 Camaro SS, and diabloSport?

Hey guys, I have a Diablosport i2 I used to tune my 2016 Silverado Z71.

Wanted to know if anyone is running the DiabloSport i2 on a stock 2018 SS?
What real world gains did you see and what are your best setting so far?

https://www.diablosport.com/latest-r...evy-camaro-ss/
jamoka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #2
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I noticed a small difference but then I had a custom tune done by Diab-Lew(lmao, I had to put a hyphen in there, apparently without it that's a bad word lol), Woke the car up, it just sucks that they can't access the TCM, the tuning for the A8 is horrid. It really holds the car back.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
Mine is 2016 so I tried both the ECM and TCM (Not locked for 2016 year) tune.

ECM, noticed a little bit difference. I mainly just used for disabling AFM.

TCM I tried firm and harsh shift. The car shifts faster but both are too harsh during low speed, specially 1st to 2nd.

I left TCM alone. Just ECM tune. Car is perfect.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
I noticed a small difference but then I had a custom tune done by Diab-Lew(lmao, I had to put a hyphen in there, apparently without it that's a bad word lol), Woke the car up, it just sucks that they can't access the TCM, the tuning for the A8 is horrid. It really holds the car back.
I'm with Frosty on this, except for the A8 part. Diablo-Lew without the hyphen on this forum is like the forbidden "SS" badge in Europe. I love Mr Eaton's custom tune; definitely woke the car up and removed ALL the throttle lag along with that awful AFM. As far as the real world numbers, I don't race or care about gas mileage as the Camaro is not my daily driver. I'm all about the "feel" of the vehicle and this car now feels like what I imagine a supercar to feel like! However I'm happy with the A8. Yes its temperamental but once its warmed up the shifting patterns and the intuitiveness are amazing!

And I used the same intune I2 unit that I tuned my 2012 Jeep Hemi with. As a foot note I also flashed that tune on my previous 2017 SS M6. The feel was a little better but the throttle lag in 1st gear and the occasional dead spot in third still remained, I was disappointed. But it did remove that annoying "skip shift". I recommend this more for an A8 car rather then a M6.

Last edited by wingchunsifu; 08-15-2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: tweak
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote