Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
norcalautosports

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2lt
Unhappy 2016 2lt bogged down

I was in my 2016 camaro 2lt 6spd I had a great launch (traction control on), shifted into second, then when I shifted into 3rd gear my car bogged almost like the car cut the fuel supply. I shifted into 3rd at about 6500-6800 rpm. I was wondering if this is supposed to happen for some reason?? Maybe to protect the car? Now there are some variables that may haves caused it I had a full car wich sounds stupid, but there was 4 of us in there. My car was also very low on fuel the light hadn’t come on yet but I was near to empty. Could just the combination of all those haves caused this? If anyone out there has any insight on this I would love to hear from you! Again I know it was stupid to be doing pulls with a full car but my buddies were with me and we were all just screwing around. I also realize that it very well could just be because of the conditions it was under. But if there is a system that protects the car from whatever that I don’t know about I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Last edited by norcalautosports; 07-14-2018 at 11:22 AM.
norcalautosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
bogging in the M6 is a known issue, search the forums and you'll find multiple threads about it. I want to say it usually happens to people when they try to dump the clutch at pretty high RPMs so I suspect it is some kind of engine protection algorithm built into the ECU. But I'm not sure, I have an 18 ss 1le and its never happened to me.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:33 AM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Sounds like a late shift to me. Easy enough to repeat a test yourself.

Street racing and the discussion thereof is a no-no on these forums.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
I see no reason why the engine should have bogged with a 6500 + rpm shift! My thought is that perhaps it was momentarily fuel starved due to the near empty tank or you got into the rev limiter. How long did the bogging last? I have a 17 LT M6 with about 15000 miles on it and I’ve never once experience any high rpm bog.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
norcalautosports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Sounds like a late shift to me. Easy enough to repeat a test yourself.

Street racing and the discussion thereof is a no-no on these forums.
Thank you, sorry I’m new to the forum didn’t even think about that.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
norcalautosports

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
bogging in the M6 is a known issue, search the forums and you'll find multiple threads about it. I want to say it usually happens to people when they try to dump the clutch at pretty high RPMs so I suspect it is some kind of engine protection algorithm built into the ECU. But I'm not sure, I have an 18 ss 1le and its never happened to me.
Thanks man, I feel like that very well could be the reason, I was dumping the clutch at the higher rpms. It makes sense that GM would have protections. Thank you
Old 07-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
norcalautosports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin383 View Post
I see no reason why the engine should have bogged with a 6500 + rpm shift! My thought is that perhaps it was momentarily fuel starved due to the near empty tank or you got into the rev limiter. How long did the bogging last? I have a 17 LT M6 with about 15000 miles on it and I’ve never once experience any high rpm bog.
I had just hit 18k in mine, and I couldn’t give you a time on how long it lasted as soon as the car started to bog I just let off because it suprised me and worries me a little bit. But I can tell you that it lasted long enough as for when I shifted and hit the gas pedal it gave nothing and that’s where I completely let off. Thanks for your input!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Happens all the time if you shift late. You can't really red line this car, shoot more for a 5k shift point.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote