Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #43
Tucsonas

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
It sounds like the sales tax is the highest here in WA state, 9.5%.
I paid $39,700 OTD for a used 1LE with 800 miles on it ($36,400+tax+fees) which based on Arizona state tax percentage. I was initially looking for a Nightfall Grey Metallic but blue grew on me also especially after I could find it at that price and since the car came with extended warranty (48k full /100k powertrain).

I will need to pay up or the difference in order to register in WA state. Car should be here anytime today, yay!!

That sounds about right for a used one, are you in AZ? If you are they might hit you up for the sales tax when you register, not 100% sure though, this might only apply when you buy from a 0 sales tax state....

I paid 8.9% sales tax (state and local). If I remember right when I bought my 17 Maxima in Tucson the rate was close to that
Tucsonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #44
Tucsonas

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Really love to see that paper work. Here is mine.

Damn $68 to register. Mine was 10 times that in arizona...... it was literally like 682 of something

Last edited by Tucsonas; 03-08-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #45
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonas View Post
That sounds about right for a used one, are you in AZ? If you are they might hit you up for the sales tax when you register, not 100% sure though, this might only apply when you buy from a 0 sales tax state....

I paid 8.9% sales tax (state and local). If I remember right when I bought my 17 Maxima in Tucson the rate was close to that
Dealerships in my area didn't have a 1LE except couple dealers in Vancouver, WA. They were both asking sticker and I politely said GLWS

I've purchased a car out of state before, you simply pay the difference of the sales taxes between the states otherwise it would be double taxation
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #46
Tucsonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Really love to see that paper work. Here is mine.

4% sales tax... AND $68 registration.... man that makes it really sweet to buy a new car, I paid that much sales tax and I was on taxed on half of it..... I'm officially jealous.... I did get them to come way down on top tier extended warranty (new models make me nervous) I got 5 yr 60k miles, GAP, SIMONIZE, shock sensor, etched windows and tiny for a little over a grand... I normally don't buy extended but some of the add one were good for that price, they tinted the window with the ceramic stuff which I was quoted $399, for. But at the end of the day what we paid will vary, but the bottom line is I can afford it and LOVE the car
Old 03-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #47
Tucsonas

Quote:
Dealerships in my area didn't have a 1LE except couple dealers in Vancouver, WA. They were both asking sticker and I politely said GLWS

I've purchased a car out of state before, you simply pay the difference of the sales taxes between the states otherwise it would be double taxation
That makes sense, either way you got a great deal I'd have rhe fluids changed and check the brakes just for piece of mind.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #48
glamcem

Quote:
That makes sense, either way you got a great deal I'd have rhe fluids changed and check the brakes just for piece of mind.
Although every GM certified vehicle passes 172 point inspection, I have all that ready will be changing engine oil, diff, trans fluid . Also ordered track pads, wheels, tires, spacers and bunch of other maintenance and will soon order another set of rings (or rotor depends on the price).
Old 03-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #49
dmau9600

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
A major factor nodody in this thread is addressing is how the car was financed. I would wager those who got the best "purchase price" chose GM financing.

Dealers will give you a better price if you use GM financing because the APR is ridiculously high (~5%+). As soon as I told the dealer I had secured my own financing (at 2%), the "purchase price" went up since they could not apply some of their incentives (which they make up for in interest payments). However, total cost including interest still comes in several thousand less.
dmau9600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #50
Tucsonas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmau9600 View Post
A major factor nodody in this thread is addressing is how the car was financed. I would wager those who got the best "purchase price" chose GM financing.

Dealers will give you a better price if you use GM financing because the APR is ridiculously high (~5%+). As soon as I told the dealer I had secured my own financing (at 2%), the "purchase price" went up since they could not apply some of their incentives (which they make up for in interest payments). However, total cost including interest still comes in several thousand less.

True I had my own 1.99% financing
Old 03-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #51
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmau9600 View Post

Have you ever considered purchasing the car with GM financing then refinance it as soon as you get it? I purchased a few cars in the past and then refinanced with online or local credit unions.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #52
Iano

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Have you ever considered purchasing the car with GM financing then refinance it as soon as you get it? I purchased a few cars in the past and then refinance with online or local credit unions.
This. One car I purchased /w the dealer's financing to get the incentive (and they even matched my CU's rate), turned around a month later and re-financed through the CU directly. Didn't cost me anything extra to do so and was a painless process.
Iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #53
glamcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iano View Post
This. One car I purchased /w the dealer's financing to get the incentive (and they even matched my CU's rate), turned around a month later and re-financed through the CU directly. Didn't cost me anything extra to do so and was a painless process.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #54
mc210

Drives: 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Have you ever considered purchasing the car with GM financing then refinance it as soon as you get it? I purchased a few cars in the past and then refinanced with online or local credit unions.
Ha, I've never thought of that before. Granted I've only bought one new car, but that's a perfect way to get the best of both worlds.
mc210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #55
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Damn $68 to register. Mine was 10 times that in arizona...... it was literally like 682 of something
Well then I have you beat, mine was $1440 to register for my 1st year tag in Oklahoma.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #56
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
And yes, I took the dealers financing and will take it to my bank before the 1st payment is even due at half the rate the dealer charged me. It was a slap in the face for their rate. 854 credit score and US Bank offered 4.4%.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote