Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #29
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leNPP View Post
thebiglubinsky I move on from my 2013 1le knees are starting to go but I when with one of these . 415 hp LS3 , rear wheel drive , MRC shock ,NPP ex.
chevy had them on sell for $ 10,000 dollars off MSRP so the 50k car when down to a 40k car . I got 750 miles on it and its bad ass.
I love that ride! Total sleeper. Plus I'm jealous of the magnetic ride. My CLA has 2 stage adjustable shocks but I wish it had mag ride. Great deal too. I wanted a white cla another dealer had but they wouldn't budge past $8500 off.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #30
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Are they really just knocking $10k off?? No wonder they are selling so many of them. May the maintenance bill ever be in your favor.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #31
thebiglubinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Are they really just knocking $10k off?? No wonder they are selling so many of them. May the maintenance bill ever be in your favor.
The art of negotiations.. I'll do most of my own maintenance. Why would I cross shop certain cars? Very simple, I like fast cars, I have X amount if dollars to spend and I'll not a fanboi.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #32
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
The art of negotiations.. I'll do most of my own maintenance. Why would I cross shop certain cars? Very simple, I like fast cars, I have X amount if dollars to spend and I'll not a fanboi.
Doesn't matter if you do your own maintenance, it's still expensive.

Negotiations are negotiations but it one is giving $8500 off and another $10k then that means they are overpriced to begin with and people are having issues selling them.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #33
bharabs

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE Summit White
Do you guys think Sunroof and upgraded music system will be available with 1SS 1LE? If so what is it that 1SS 1LE will not have compared to 2SS? I personally don't want the Recaros or the leather, but I want sunroof and 9 speaker Boston as this will be my DD.
bharabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #34
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharabs View Post
Do you guys think Sunroof and upgraded music system will be available with 1SS 1LE? If so what is it that 1SS 1LE will not have compared to 2SS? I personally don't want the Recaros or the leather, but I want sunroof and 9 speaker Boston as this will be my DD.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439757
Camaro SS 1LE
The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the Gen Six Camaro – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. Additional highlights include:
• 6.2L LT1 V-8 rated at 455 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
• Magnetic Ride Control
• Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
• Unique forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
• Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
• Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS
• Track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
• Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
• Dual mode exhaust system
• Recaro front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
• Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
• Satin Graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
• Available PDR video/data recording system.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #35
thebiglubinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Doesn't matter if you do your own maintenance, it's still expensive.

Negotiations are negotiations but it one is giving $8500 off and another $10k then that means they are overpriced to begin with and people are having issues selling them.
Very true! Maintenance is still going to blow! Not looking forward to that. I agree they are a bit overpriced and they depreciate like hell so I used that to negotiate more $$$ off. I really love the Camaro but my babe didn't like it so that didn't help but she loves the Benz. They're all great cars, just wanted those 1LE wheels/e-diff/recaros with a few more nice interior features since it will be daily driven.

One other really cool feature that the Merc has is 20 way adjustable Recaro seats, great for a daily driven car plus the weight is only 3400lbs.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #36
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
What about the 2SS did you not like? I could be wrong, but pretty sure the 2SS will outperform the Mercedes even in non-1LE form no?
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #37
thebiglubinsky

Loved the SS and the performance is amazing. I think they're neck and neck. Both have pros and cons. This deal seemed to work out first. There weren't any Camaros locally that were configured the way I would want, mag ride, dual mode, 6 piston with LPO wheels.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #38
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
Loved the SS and the performance is amazing. I think they're neck and neck. Both have pros and cons. This deal seemed to work out first. There weren't any Camaros locally that were configured the way I would want, mag ride, dual mode, 6 piston with LPO wheels.
That makes sense, as you said earlier.....just couldn't pass on such a good deal.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #39
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
GM said from day one, no 2SS 1LE...track focused 1SS 1LE only.

...I mean good luck with the car, and it is nice, but who cross shops a V8, 2 door, muscle/sports car with a 4 banger with 4 doors?
Track focused can't have leather seats or other electronics?

GM better tell Audi, BWM, MB, Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, Lambo, et. al that they are doing it wrong. Afterall, the Camaro is a world class sports car now, right?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #40
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I'm pretty sure it was more about the weight difference with the 2SS. And I think they might want to have the 1LE priced very similar to the 2SS, not 4-5k above it.
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #41
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Track focused can't have leather seats or other electronics?

GM better tell Audi, BWM, MB, Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, Lambo, et. al that they are doing it wrong. Afterall, the Camaro is a world class sports car now, right?
Tell Al O that, as that was what he said...

But I tend to agree. Most people that buy "track" cars never go to the track,
ever. But for the small percentage who do, (and the 1LE is meant to be geared towards that person) none that I know including myself would want heated seats, disco lights, upgraded stereo, back up sensors, cell phone charging stations, etc, etc on their car as none of that adds to the focus of the car, it just adds weight. Nothing to do with the leather really, but if you look at the track specials from most of the above makes you mentioned they forgo leather for Alcantara on the main seating areas.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #42
bharabs

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc_Z28 View Post
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439757
Camaro SS 1LE
The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the Gen Six Camaro – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. Additional highlights include:
• 6.2L LT1 V-8 rated at 455 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
• Magnetic Ride Control
• Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
• Unique forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
• Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
• Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS
• Track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
• Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
• Dual mode exhaust system
• Recaro front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
• Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
• Satin Graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
• Available PDR video/data recording system.
Thank you! I had seen that earlier, but it doesn't seem to see if I can add Sunroof and 9 Speaker Boston acoustics system with 1LE package.
bharabs is offline   Reply With Quote