Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #43
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykarate View Post
Love the one dude's reaction!
That's Jeremy Capps...one of the best tuners around!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #44
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
I’ll comment on my 2018 ZL1 A10, drove it harder than I have since purchase thru some canyons yesterday here in California, and the way the Transmission in Sport mode matches the RPMs that it needs to throughout the turns is downright incredible. It’s in the correct RPMs throughout the turns and ready to just fly when I’m in and out of the turns. So happy with my choice to go with the A10. When I’m out of my warranty I want to get the A10 turned.....what exactly will I benefit from getting a tune on the A10 when I do it?
Old 12-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #45
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Because it’s made to drive in anger/fast. In city driving is not it’s strength.
Yes I think you’re right... and when my lapping... I could drive on a track....
But for thé moment i cannot drive more than 3000 rpm and 130 km/h
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:28 PM   #46
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I've never driven anything like this 10 speed. It is nothing short of Awesome. Love it in both Touring and Sport. Haven't tried anything else yet.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I've never driven anything like this 10 speed. It is nothing short of Awesome. Love it in both Touring and Sport. Haven't tried anything else yet.
Wait til you get on a track and do some hard braking and downshifting. it's crazy fast and in performance mode it keeps the RPMs 100% in the sweet spot.

I was lucky enough to get the 2nd production A10 vehicle for both Chevy and Ford. Cannot say enough about that transmission.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #48
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Wait til you get on a track and do some hard braking and downshifting. it's crazy fast and in performance mode it keeps the RPMs 100% in the sweet spot.

I was lucky enough to get the 2nd production A10 vehicle for both Chevy and Ford. Cannot say enough about that transmission.
Can't speak enough to the truth of this. Wish everyone could experience the A10 into, through, and out of the corners.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #49
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I have only driven the car hard in sport mode, which performance mode are you referencing? Track, Sport1, Sport2?
Old 12-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #50
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I have only driven the car hard in sport mode, which performance mode are you referencing? Track, Sport1, Sport2?
You don't have to be in any of the PTM modes. Those are more for suspension and pulling some timing our of turns to keep you on track. Just take out of Tour and go to either Sport or Track and it will activate based on how hard you are driving..

Then when you start driving it hard you will see a message pop up in the DIC to the affect of Performance Shifting activated. It's been a couple years since I had the A10 so someone can correct me on that.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #51
Bow Tie Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black Metallic ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice3 View Post
It's f'n amazing!

https://youtu.be/xuLYJ_rCsng

Please take this thing back to VIR soon. I can’t wait to see the PDR of you on the back straightaway. Also I’ll be interested to see how it puts down all of this power from Turn 1-Turn 3. I haven’t seen anything close to your car as far as a ZL1/ZLE on a road course.

As far as the topic of this thread the A10 is amazing. I enjoyed the heck out of mine.
Bow Tie Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:19 PM   #52
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
I absolutely love seeing this road course work with an A10. No human could shift that often at that speed. I'm hoping to double time the car at track days with 20 minute sessions. How is the A10 going to handle up to ten 20 minute track sessions in ~85 degree weather? Are there special maintenance instructions for the A10 when used on road courses?
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:16 AM   #53
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackpack View Post
I absolutely love seeing this road course work with an A10. No human could shift that often at that speed. I'm hoping to double time the car at track days with 20 minute sessions. How is the A10 going to handle up to ten 20 minute track sessions in ~85 degree weather? Are there special maintenance instructions for the A10 when used on road courses?
Change tranny fluid every 15 hours of on track time and diff fluid every 24 hours.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:33 AM   #54
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackpack View Post
I’ve watched a lot of in-cab video of the M6 & A10.

In watching them over & over, albeit few are at the same track, I see little points where, especially say entering or exiting a corner the driver taking his right hand off the wheel causes them to lose the line ever so slightly vs other laps.

The A10, I feel, let’s you focus on just breaking & steering. Is it a crutch? Sure, maybe, but I’m a total green horn at road racing so I’ll need all the help I can get.

I hope to be able to experience really letting it rip on-course one day.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #55
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I’ve watched a lot of in-cab video of the M6 & A10.

In watching them over & over, albeit few are at the same track, I see little points where, especially say entering or exiting a corner the driver taking his right hand off the wheel causes them to lose the line ever so slightly vs other laps.

The A10, I feel, let’s you focus on just breaking & steering. Is it a crutch? Sure, maybe, but I’m a total green horn at road racing so I’ll need all the help I can get.

I hope to be able to experience really letting it rip on-course one day.
Wisconsin? Oh man, you need get your beast to Road America next summer. Don't over think it. Just do it!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #56
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Change tranny fluid every 15 hours of on track time and diff fluid every 24 hours.
That is perfect direction and makes sense.

A quick search doesn't reveal overheating or major failures on track. In watching some track videos it appears the A10 shifts sequentially. It is very fast but seems to always downshift in order.
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote