Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #15
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
after visiting my local firestone and inquiring about the "deal" you mentioned I quickly decided no one there would be allowed to touch my car. They weren't sure what exactly the deal would cover and looked at me all weird when i asked if I could provide my own specs. Thankfully I found a local dealer that is great and aligns mine a couple times a year.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #16
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have the lifetime with Firestone, the location I go to is great. They have the Track alignment setting on their machine and they put it to those spec every time I go.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:10 AM   #17
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
I bought a lifetime alignment at a Firestone, and while they were willing to set the alignment to my specifications, the tech couldn't get more than a degree of negative camber even after I provided detail about the proper technique. I ended up going to my favorite Chevy dealer, and the technician there not only hit the track alignment specs I wanted, he showed me the numbers he achieved to make sure I was happy before he completed the job. So to me the Firestone deal was a bust, and possibly a scam.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #18
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I just saw on slickdeals that Firestone will be offering lifetime alignments on 1/1/19. Considering that I will be tracking my 1LE and swapping setups a few times a year, I'm debating if this might be worthwhile.

Can Firestones do track alignments on our 1LEs? If I should I trust them is another thing.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I guess "lifetime" doesn't mean unlimited, it's every 6 months for 6,000 miles.
I got a lifetime alignment deal from firestone early last year. I had my track camber set before at the dealer and now I only have firestone zero the toe periodically. I have done it at least 4 maybe 5 times if I recall since then. I asked if there was any limit and they said as long as they have openings for an appointment I can get it set as often as I like.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:31 AM   #19
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I've had the Lifetime alignment and it was fine on a non-lowered car, but now I have the 16 GT they can't get the front where I want it. The setup I have now handles fine w -1.1 front and -1.7 rear. I may need camber plates to go any further in the front. It's the tech that does it in most cases that matters.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #20
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
Track alignment should be in their machine though.
It absolutely is, and the technicians at my local Firestone will absolutely set it to this specification before a track day and then swap it back to a street setup 3 days later. They'll do it every weekend if I ask them to.

What you'll find is that a LOT more people are willing to talk about negative experiences, so when they see the name Firestone in a thread title they get all hot and bothered and have to come in and tell you about some anecdotal experience, someone else's experience, a completely falsified experience, some total exaggeration... but normally people who get exactly what they expect say nothing or very little.

It's just human nature, but the Firestone I use (and the one I previously used in the city where I used to live was EXACTLY the same) does a fantastic job with no hassles and you can absolutely eliminate the false assumption that they don't have the track alignment specs loaded at all, don't know why someone would even speak on that before confirming...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #21
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
It absolutely is, and the technicians at my local Firestone will absolutely set it to this specification before a track day and then swap it back to a street setup 3 days later. They'll do it every weekend if I ask them to.

What you'll find is that a LOT more people are willing to talk about negative experiences, so when they see the name Firestone in a thread title they get all hot and bothered and have to come in and tell you about some anecdotal experience, someone else's experience, a completely falsified experience, some total exaggeration... but normally people who get exactly what they expect say nothing or very little.

It's just human nature, but the Firestone I use (and the one I previously used in the city where I used to live was EXACTLY the same) does a fantastic job with no hassles and you can absolutely eliminate the false assumption that they don't have the track alignment specs loaded at all, don't know why someone would even speak on that before confirming...
The problem is when you want more camber than the track alignment, as in apx -2.5 to -3 degrees which is doable on the 1LEs. I used the Firestone near me with my 5th gen but that was for basic alignments and of course I never had any issues, I went to them last year to try and get a track alignment and the tech said they couldn't do an alignment on my car at all because they didn't have the stupid camber bolts... unfortunately it is very dependent on the location, some are great and some suck.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #22
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
I've had the Lifetime alignment and it was fine on a non-lowered car, but now I have the 16 GT they can't get the front where I want it. The setup I have now handles fine w -1.1 front and -1.7 rear. I may need camber plates to go any further in the front. It's the tech that does it in most cases that matters.
Can't adjust front camber on the stock Mustang suspension, or at least that's what I was told over on the stang forums. You either need camber plates or bust out the dremel and slot the struts for camber adjustment.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #23
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
The problem is when you want more camber than the track alignment, as in apx -2.5 to -3 degrees which is doable on the 1LEs. I used the Firestone near me with my 5th gen but that was for basic alignments and of course I never had any issues, I went to them last year to try and get a track alignment and the tech said they couldn't do an alignment on my car at all because they didn't have the stupid camber bolts... unfortunately it is very dependent on the location, some are great and some suck.
As with nearly anything, when you want to go outside of the lines the big chain store probably isn't for you. This should surprise no one.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #24
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
As with nearly anything, when you want to go outside of the lines the big chain store probably isn't for you. This should surprise no one.
You're not wrong, but like I said they wouldn't even do the "track alignment" which should be in their system due to them saying "We don't have the bolts and can't get them". So like I said some locations just suck.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #25
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Tires Plus was able to do my track alignment after I gave them the specs and they got the alignment bolt. They gave me the print out. However, I'm always suspect. Can they print out a fake alignment report?
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #26
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
Tires Plus was able to do my track alignment after I gave them the specs and they got the alignment bolt. They gave me the print out. However, I'm always suspect. Can they print out a fake alignment report?
If they really wanted to they could.

With the car on the machine you can move the alignment machine heads around on the wheels and it can give you the specs you want. Though it will take some time and others would wonder wtf he's doing.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #27
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I've found the key is to have a friend - whether it is a real friend or one that gets paid to be your friend at a shop. In other words, a relationship or find a reputable race performance shop and pay the $150 which I've resorted to in last few years.

After taking time off to accommodate an apt, I'd rather just pay the money up front to those that understand exactly what I'm requesting and fully expect that detail.

Even my local Toyota dealership attempted a toe and go before I called them on it.

Also ~$10 spot will do wonders for quality on alignment/tire install/balance - I've got friends for life in Tampa after 11 years of weeding out the crap locations.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote