Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #1
Nightfire

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Kooks 2" Header issue

Hey Everyone,
I have been working with Kooks on this issue but wondering if anyone else have an issue with how close the header is to the brake line. It was originally right up against it and they suggested to loosen motor mount and push engine over. Di that and maybe a half inch off brake line. they sent me another header and just installed and same issue. How much clearance ids everyone getting. They tell me its still to close at this time but not sure what else can be done.

Attached Images

Last edited by Nightfire; 02-08-2022 at 03:14 PM. Reason: image
Nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:41 PM   #2
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
That honestly looks to be enough clearance. Tight, but should be okay for clearance.

I would definitely put some sort of heat wrap on it such as from DEI.

Another option would be to make a custom brake line. If the line is for the front, it should be relatively short. You could get some copper base brake line in the same size and bend it so that is doesn't come close to the header. The copper lines are very easy to bend by hand and won't rust either.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
That honestly looks to be enough clearance. Tight, but should be okay for clearance.

I would definitely put some sort of heat wrap on it such as from DEI.

Another option would be to make a custom brake line. If the line is for the front, it should be relatively short. You could get some copper base brake line in the same size and bend it so that is doesn't come close to the header. The copper lines are very easy to bend by hand and won't rust either.
I do not think a copper brake section is a good idea, all brake lines are steel. But todays aftermarket steel brake lines are made of a different steel composition that is more bend friendly.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #4
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
I had to remove that clip to get my 1 7/8” TSP header on the passenger side. I put a DEI thermal shield on it and zip tied it tight to the body with SS zip ties. (I also cut my hand open after I trimmed them down lol) I have had no issues with heat as my headers are coated. You should be fine.