Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #43
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
The new update that the sparks have will do this. We just have to wait till its on ours. And you buy the app on your phone. And it will stream it to your screen
Would this also be available for th 11's or 10's?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
RonnieG,

OnStar is always updating our mapping systems to provide the most up to date directions. OnStar can update your location and recheck your route to ensure the best route is being provided. I'd be happy to assist in checking into your account and see if there is anything I can do to help. Just send me a PM with your account info. Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Oh, wow. We actually have an OnStar Advisor on the forum.

That's cool! Man, camaro5 is a pretty serious forum.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #45
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
When I had my 2LT I used OnStar TBT all the time. Problem free for about 2 month, and then it turned 15 minute trip into a 45 minute trip sending me on a scenic route. Arrived late meeting up with friends for lunch, stopped using OnStar Navigation.. switched to my iPhone (if you're playing music from your phone, it will also talk over the music to give you directions with the Apple Maps App). I'm sure other navigation tools have their faults, but at least I can see the route they want me to go. No risk of wasted time.

I'm sure the folks over at OnStar are working to prevent issues like this. Great customer service.
same thing happened to me i ended up on a dirt road out in the middle of nowhere...
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #46
jay4190

Drives: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This bringGo thing is interesting. I'm currently looking at getting a 2013 and want nav but am having trouble finding it in the option/color combo I want. If this does become available in a my link software update, I'd forgo the actual in dash nav.
jay4190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
I've had turn by turn since I purchased in 08/12. I love it and unless something drastic happens I'll keep it for a long time. It's very easy if you don't like don't keep it but I've had no problems at all.

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #48
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
For those of you with update issues while enroute, I have to say that the Onstar system worked great for me. Even with the slightest deviation from the route it homed in on it and found an alternate route for me (I did this on the trip home to see how fast it worked) I was impressed. The talking over the entire sound system was kind of annoying, but then again, so it getting lost.

I love that image from the Mylink nav. Nice screen with great road detail. Sweet. Doesn't seem like it will make it into my '11. Bummer.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #49
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
I am glad it worked so well for you. I had a free trial use on my last car, a 2008 Grand Prix GXP and saved it for an emergency. Well, we were lost in New Jersey going around in circles, about to miss our cruise and when I called was told that was a fringe area and they could not really help. They had some method of downloading the directions that I could somehow play back but the instructions were not very clear. The next year I bought a Magellan and found my destination in 10 minutes from the same location.
I got a free 6 month subscription to the service in my 2013 Camaro but also have factory navigation. It expired and I changed to the safe and sound plan. The nav system works great and is integrated with the HUD, it is simple to use but a little pricier. It also gives you traffic updates that allow you to determine to tell what type of traffic lie ahead.
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote