Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #169
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Just beware of some of the cheap wings. They may be just for show, not what you'd want to use at speed or on track. I think Anderson Composites is in the good to go at speed category.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:16 PM   #170
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
3rd wing arrived this morning with damage . They are probably going to refund me because they don’t know where it’s being damaged and they can’t keep sending wings. I’m very frustrated with the whole situation.
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #171
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
3rd wing arrived this morning with damage . They are probably going to refund me because they don’t know where it’s being damaged and they can’t keep sending wings. I’m very frustrated with the whole situation.
OMG!

It will take a week for Vivid to refund your money. Take a look at NextGen Speed 1LE wing. I ordered from them and it is suppose to ship the third week in March.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #172
zl1_things

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Just beware of some of the cheap wings. They may be just for show, not what you'd want to use at speed or on track. I think Anderson Composites is in the good to go at speed category.

I understand that for sure... lol that is part of the reason I decided to go with Anderson is because of their reputation prior to this. I actually checked on a number of threads on here and some youtube reviews of the other various makers of 1le style carbon wings and to be honest they were less than stellar reviews.

Quote:

Dam!!! I don't want my situation to end up like your and Prometheus... but likely it will at this point. What does the damage look like on the latest wing?

Phastek got back to me this moring and wants me to take pics of the box they sent it in and a copy of the bill of lading they gave me. Hopefully they don't give me any problems with the bill of lading part since I'm sure the delivery guys didn't note a thing. Will be funny to see if it does get denied and I pull up my house camera footage of me pointing out the damage to them.
zl1_things is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:53 PM   #173
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Should start shipping in wooden crates like engine blocks are.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #174
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
No, I still think it is the void in the shipping boxes and them being able to be bounced around that is the problem. But as long as the shipping company is paying AC for the damage, I don't believe AC will change their shipping method. It is ashame to, because without the customers, it isn't much of a business.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:22 PM   #175
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
OMG!

It will take a week for Vivid to refund your money. Take a look at NextGen Speed 1LE wing. I ordered from them and it is suppose to ship the third week in March.
They may offer another replacement if they could figure out a different shipping method, however, I don't think they are going to do this. It's funny because AC was telling me over the phone that they haven't had any damaged wings. They explained that it must be an issue in my area. This is bs because there were several damaged wings over the past month. On top of all this, the guy from Pilot Freight (same guy who delivered the other two wings) was blaming Anderson for the damage. He even said that the cracks are probably normal and implied that I should keep the wing. I could tell he was annoyed because he had to drive to the house 3 times, but that's not my fault. If they can't do anything then I'll go with the Next Gen Speed Wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1_things View Post
I understand that for sure... lol that is part of

Dam!!! I don't want my situation to end up like your and Prometheus... but likely it will at this point. What does the damage look like on the latest wing?

Phastek got back to me this moring and wants me to take pics of the box they sent it in and a copy of the bill of lading they gave me. Hopefully they don't give me any problems with the bill of lading part since I'm sure the delivery guys didn't note a thing. Will be funny to see if it does get denied and I pull up my house camera footage of me pointing out the damage to them.
You should be fine as long as you reported it within 24hrs. That would be poor customer service if they do deny it. AC just asked me for pics of the box, but I didn't take any. They didn't ask the other two times. Let's see what they do. Here's the damage:
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2021, 11:02 AM   #176
Rams01

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2001 Z28 1LE
subscribed*
Rams01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:42 PM   #177
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Just watching all this got me sick to my stomach that my big wang might arrive damaged. smh I ordered in Jan. and supposed to receive in April. I just hope everyone is going to do right about the damage though but it's still aggravating just waiting to get a good one when they keep arriving damaged. I hope things work out for the good for y'all. Then I'll have to see how mines come in.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #178
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
Just watching all this got me sick to my stomach that my big wang might arrive damaged. smh I ordered in Jan. and supposed to receive in April. I just hope everyone is going to do right about the damage though but it's still aggravating just waiting to get a good one when they keep arriving damaged. I hope things work out for the good for y'all. Then I'll have to see how mines come in.

I ordered 1st week of Nov and got an email update 2 weeks ago saying April. After watching this thread, it seems its more like they go in batches and they just assume X amount of orders will be done at a certain time. At this point, im just hoping since I'm in AZ and they are in CA, the spoiler has less of a chance of getting damaged.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #179
ZLAV1N
Previously CS10SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
This is a painful thread. I feel bad for all of you that received wings that were damaged upon arrival. I don't even have one on order but I keep watching this thread in hopes that we will start to see pictures of these wings on cars instead of broken upon arrival.
'96 300ZX - sold
'10 2SS/RS M6 455rwhp - sold
'13 ZL1 M6 720rwhp - sold
'17 ZL1 A10 930rwhp - Katech Built
ZLAV1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:17 PM   #180
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I ordered 1st week of Nov and got an email update 2 weeks ago saying April. After watching this thread, it seems its more like they go in batches and they just assume X amount of orders will be done at a certain time. At this point, im just hoping since I'm in AZ and they are in CA, the spoiler has less of a chance of getting damaged.
Would probably see more produced if Recall Newsome would open up that state and/or done a better job of balancing safety with the economy. I still don't understand why any company would choose to produce products in Commiefornia. I'll probably end up selling my ZL1 before I get my hands on an undamaged wing at this rate.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #181
SSallday

Vivid is going to issue a refund. At this point, there's nothing AC can do for me. I really wanted the AC wing, but I guess things happen for a reason. I suggested a couple of methods for shipping the wing, however, I was told more packaging results in more damage. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I've been told. Looks like I'll be placing an order on the Next Gen wing
Old 03-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #182
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Vivid is going to issue a refund. At this point, there's nothing AC can do for me. I really wanted the AC wing, but I guess things happen for a reason. I suggested a couple of methods for shipping the wing, however, I was told more packaging results in more damage. Not sure how true that is, but that's what I've been told. Looks like I'll be placing an order on the Next Gen wing
Thats really sad.