Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 01-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Rear knuckle bushing part number or availability?

Both my rear knuckle bushings have their boots damaged and I'm trying to see if I can get the bushings separate from the knuckle.

Looking to see if I can find a place to buy #3 part or for a part number. I'm hoping it can be found without buying two new knuckles.

I do see BMR has some bearing kits which I believe their 3rd one would work for me as well. I'm not 100% sure on that though if it's the same piece I need to replace or not, if I decide to go with the BMR bearing kit though I'll contact them and confirm. Though at that point I feel like buying 2 new knuckles would be similar in price.

I'm sitting at 97k miles so maybe new knuckles would be better for long term as the other bushings may give problems or maybe I'm thinking too much into it. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:46 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Is that the bushing in the toe rod? I have yet to see them sold separately anywhere. I know the #2 bushings are available as spherical bearings, but #3 I was planning on eventually just replacing the toe rod as an entire piece.

I know this doesn't help with getting just a bushing, I'm curious what you end up going with, I've slowly been upgrading all my suspension.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:46 PM   #3
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Is that the bushing in the toe rod? I have yet to see them sold separately anywhere. I know the #2 bushings are available as spherical bearings, but #3 I was planning on eventually just replacing the toe rod as an entire piece.

I know this doesn't help with getting just a bushing, I'm curious what you end up going with, I've slowly been upgrading all my suspension.
Nah, the bushing in the toe arm is one piece already in the tow arm photo, the bushing I’m talking about is apart of the knuckle itself. It’s the lowest most bushing that goes to the lower control arm itself

Here’s 2 pics that hopefully clear up the bushing in question

The toe arm screws into the knuckle entirety, you can just replace with a aftermarket toe arm. BMR probably the most popular, I replaced mine to Megan racing (blue) arms since they were cheap at a local deal and I needed to replace one anyways

Old 01-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
https://www.splparts.com/products/ca...ings-gen6.html
Old 01-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
spl parts ftw !
Old 01-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #6
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Both my rear knuckle bushings have their boots damaged and I'm trying to see if I can get the bushings separate from the knuckle.

Looking to see if I can find a place to buy #3 part or for a part number. I'm hoping it can be found without buying two new knuckles.

I do see BMR has some bearing kits which I believe their 3rd one would work for me as well. I'm not 100% sure on that though if it's the same piece I need to replace or not, if I decide to go with the BMR bearing kit though I'll contact them and confirm. Though at that point I feel like buying 2 new knuckles would be similar in price.

I'm sitting at 97k miles so maybe new knuckles would be better for long term as the other bushings may give problems or maybe I'm thinking too much into it. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
We offer a bearing kit to replace all the bushings in the rear knuckle. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post

The lower control arm has a mono ball already installed on the hub side. The other 3 arms have bushings.

Last edited by BMR Tech; 01-26-2021 at 08:26 AM.
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #8
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy_tim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
spl parts ftw !
That definitely would solve my problem but holy pricetag Batman! Lol I see now though to replace all the bushings with aftermarket would be around that price, I’ll have to contact SPL and ask if they offer just the one I need to replace for the time being. I appreciate the link referral though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
We offer a bearing kit to replace all the bushings in the rear knuckle. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
I’ll PM you, if there’s a way to get just a pair of the bushings that I need to replace then I’ll probably get those and have a shop install them

Old 01-26-2021, 10:41 AM   #9
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
That definitely would solve my problem but holy pricetag Batman! Lol I see now though to replace all the bushings with aftermarket would be around that price, I’ll have to contact SPL and ask if they offer just the one I need to replace for the time being. I appreciate the link referral though!

I’ll PM you, if there’s a way to get just a pair of the bushings that I need to replace then I’ll probably get those and have a shop install them
I installed those SPL bearings (impulse buy), those are #2 in that diagram in your first post. Not exactly an easy project. They're on the upper control arm and the trailing arms.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushing, knuckle, replacement