Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #15
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Glad to see Ford bringing back the Mach 1, and looks to be in great form too with the 480 horses.

If they put the same tired ass MT-82 in it though, it will just be another paper weight in my opinion.

PLEASE put the Tremec in there already!!!
Doesn't really matter what they do. The real deal-breaker for me is the teeny-tiny Civic-sized fuel tank.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #16
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvan View Post
Doesn't really matter what they do. The real deal-breaker for me is the teeny-tiny Civic-sized fuel tank.
HAHAHA....I knew the GT500 had an insanely small tank. All S550's do?

Not my cup of tea either, but good to see Ford consider offering a 1LE competitor for less than the price of a GT350. Again, that all depends if they decide to put a quality transmission in it this time(PP2 is a joke).
Old 06-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #17
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^

If I was a betting man, I would say the Mach 1 will be a PP2, with proper cooling and the bullitt engine or an improved bullit engine. Maybe 495-500HP. The GT350 is riding off into an overdue sunset

Yep, but I think this car is probably going to come in at around 55K though so the 1LE will still be a better value
I think you will end up being right and Ford is less looking to go after the SS 1LE and more looking to fill the void of the GT350. Hopefully the TR3160 goes in, but my bets on Ford keeping the MT-82. So, basically a PP2 with GT350 coolers and a new front fascia.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #18
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Bet money it still has a MT82. How much can they improve on the PP2 without being a GT350?
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #19
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
Guess I'm not overly excited about the new Mach1. If it comes equipped with a DCT...maybe. But I still enjoy rowing my R to 8k+.
I could actually see this, and really that would make it a truly different offering that the pp2, plus it would probably set better lap times than with a crappy mt82... and would also help explain chevy making the ss 1le in a10 for 2021 kind of like they did the a10 zle to combat the gt500s dct.

I'd still rather have your gt350 with a 6 speed manmission any day over a dct 5.0.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:15 PM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I think you will end up being right and Ford is less looking to go after the SS 1LE and more looking to fill the void of the GT350. Hopefully the TR3160 goes in, but my bets on Ford keeping the MT-82. So, basically a PP2 with GT350 coolers and a new front fascia.
Most Likely. I mean at this point 6 years into the S550 platform I think they are just tossing out new models to keep interest in it. Even if it is fully track capable, and beats the 1LE. My guess is its gonna be probably 10K more so I don't think this is a chasing 1LE move, but more a lets keep interest in the mustang move while replacing the Bullitt and GT350 at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
Bet money it still has a MT82. How much can they improve on the PP2 without being a GT350?
I think the Mach1 would probably close the gap but I think the 350 would still have the edge on most tracks
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #21
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
I don't understand the purpose of the PP2 package without proper cooling. Bullit makes sense for the fans. Same with California edition and what not. However PP2 and Mach 1 don't seem so appealing now that they overshadowed by the GT350.

I wouldn't pay extra money for the Mach 1 and only GT that seems like a sensible purchase to me is the PP1. The GT350 is a great car too and makes the Mach 1 seem less exciting but we'll see what Ford has under their sleeves.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #22
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
I don't understand the purpose of the PP2 package without proper cooling. Bullit makes sense for the fans. Same with California edition and what not. However PP2 and Mach 1 don't seem so appealing now that they overshadowed by the GT350.

I wouldn't pay extra money for the Mach 1 and only GT that seems like a sensible purchase to me is the PP1. The GT350 is a great car too and makes the Mach 1 seem less exciting but we'll see what Ford has under their sleeves.
GT350 will be out of the showroom by the time Mach I lands. And Mach I will have proper cooling. Think Bullitt + PP2 (incl Cup 2 tires)+ coolers + choice of Tremec 6MT or 10AT. Both Bullitt and GT350 end with 2020 model year.

So for 2021 you have EcoBoost —> GT —> PP1 —> Mach I —> GT500. Pretty decent spread.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #23
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
GT350 will be out of the showroom by the time Mach I lands. And Mach I will have proper cooling. Think Bullitt + PP2 (incl Cup 2 tires)+ coolers + choice of Tremec 6MT or 10AT. Both Bullitt and GT350 end with 2020 model year.

So for 2021 you have EcoBoost —> GT —> PP1 —> Mach I —> GT500. Pretty decent spread.
I was not aware of that being the case, the fit makes sense now, even more so if it comes equipped with a Tremec MT.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #24
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Shelby is better looking AND the flatplane is such a better sounding engine. I think it is a step in the wrong direction.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #25
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Shelby is better looking AND the flatplane is such a better sounding engine. I think it is a step in the wrong direction.
If the Mach 1 offers GT350 performance at a SS 1LE price ($45k) it would be a step forward. Unfortunately, Dave Pericak mentions collectibility when discussing the Mach so it won’t be affordable.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
If the Mach 1 offers GT350 performance at a SS 1LE price ($45k) it would be a step forward. Unfortunately, Dave Pericak mentions collectibility when discussing the Mach so it won’t be affordable.
collectibility point aside, assuming the Mach 1 is replacing the GT350 and Bullitt I am going to guess its going to start around 53-55.

Bullitt starts at 48,900 MSRP and I think most are expecting this to be basically be a Bullitt + PP2 + cooling so I think mid 50s would be a fair guess. So performance to value wise the 1LE would still be the clear winner IMO.

As far as collecitibillity and possible ADM most likely will be similar to the Bullitt. the first few out and first couple months dealers tried gouging. Now you can find them for 3K off sticker some even more
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:35 PM   #27
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
collectibility point aside, assuming the Mach 1 is replacing the GT350 and Bullitt I am going to guess its going to start around 53-55.

Bullitt starts at 48,900 MSRP and I think most are expecting this to be basically be a Bullitt + PP2 + cooling so I think mid 50s would be a fair guess. So performance to value wise the 1LE would still be the clear winner IMO.

As far as collecitibillity and possible ADM most likely will be similar to the Bullitt. the first few out and first couple months dealers tried gouging. Now you can find them for 3K off sticker some even more
Yup.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #28
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Gosh, these Mustangs are expensive. I guess I forgot the 350 starts at over $62K.

Is the Camaro just an insane bargain? Would a $62K GT350 seem more reasonable if the SS1LE didn't exist?

I'm honestly not sure which it is anymore, but I am leaning more towards the value of the current alpha platform just being ahead of its time and Ford's pricing isn't all that far off when compared with more cars like it.

Sorta like watching Usain Bolt run, you would swear the rest of those guys are running a different race. In reality they are all world class athletes, lead by an outlier.