Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
And Mike I see you are located in Daphne Al.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #16
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Subscribed... very interested to hear a track oriented review. If anyone has a link to a good thread on the 'Vette forums, please post it.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #17
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Subscribed... very interested to hear a track oriented review. If anyone has a link to a good thread on the 'Vette forums, please post it.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-know-it.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xperience.html
Here's 2 threads that have a good amount of info and reviews.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #18
Aliveguy5

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
If anybody else has this and has info on it, please post. I'm very interested. Have held off on the Mamo TB because of the iffy reviews. This looks like a solid improvement.
If you buy one and you're interested we can drive each other's cars as mine has a Mamo and I'd love to see the difference.
Aliveguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #19
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Hello, Rodan. There are reviews on C7's at the track. Here they are:

1) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599557397

2) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599582439

3) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599557923

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:47 AM   #20
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Subscribed.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:50 AM   #21
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Mike,
I've read through several of the reviews / comments / forums that have been posted regarding your PTB. I have a few questions for you..

1: Because of the ECU "learning" procedures, would you recommend that those of us that have not reached the 1500 mile break-in period "wait" to order/install this until afterwards? Not quite sure what's all involved with the "learning" phase, however, if it involves taking the engine >4000 rpm, that would be a problem.

2: I see that a "new" PTB comes with a 1 year warranty. However, I have not found the details regarding what is / isn't covered. Can you either advise or provide a link to the coverage?

3: What type of warranty does one get for the "core exchange" reworked PTB ($275 / $395) option?

4: Are there any group / discount codes for the Camaro6 community?

I've been on the fence regarding which PTB to get and yours is now in the running.

Thanks in advance..
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #22
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Mike,
I've read through several of the reviews / comments / forums that have been posted regarding your PTB. I have a few questions for you..
Quote:
1: Because of the ECU "learning" procedures, would you recommend that those of us that have not reached the 1500 mile break-in period "wait" to order/install this until afterwards? Not quite sure what's all involved with the "learning" phase, however, if it involves taking the engine >4000 rpm, that would be a problem.
Breaking-in depends on how you drive, you really don't want to put too much load on the engine and driveline, and that is totally under your control. It is not required you exceed 4000 rpm's to relearn our new TB.

Quote:
2: I see that a "new" PTB comes with a 1 year warranty. However, I have not found the details regarding what is / isn't covered. Can you either advise or provide a link to the coverage?
The first 30 days after delivery are money-back, no-questions-asked, free return shipping, warranty. The following 11 months cover repair or replacement shall any issues arise.

Quote:
3: What type of warranty does one get for the "core exchange" reworked PTB ($275 / $395) option?
The same as that on a new part.

I realize we should update our website with these answers, this is a clear advantage over the competition we have not made clearly available.

Thanks for asking,
Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #23
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Breaking-in depends on how you drive, you really don't want to put too much load on the engine and driveline, and that is totally under your control. It is not required you exceed 4000 rpm's to relearn our new TB.

The first 30 days after delivery are money-back, no-questions-asked, free return shipping, warranty. The following 11 months cover repair or replacement shall any issues arise.

The same as that on a new part.

I realize we should update our website with these answers, this is a clear advantage over the competition we have not made clearly available.

Thanks for asking,
You bet Mike!! I appreciate the feedback and clarification. Just to be sure before ordering, are there any advantages / additional factors of ordering a "new" versus "reworked" PTB? Otherwise for the $40 savings ($435 versus $395) for the same product and warranty seems like a no brainer. Unless I'm missing something?

Much appreciated brother...
Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #24
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
subscribed !

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #25
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
I'm a little confused here. The ECM Learn procedure talks about an idle speed of 650 rpm +/- 30 rpm. Yet the stock tune sets the target idle speed at 600 rpm for a fully warmed up engine under normal driving conditions. It looks to me like your TB is just letting more air in at idle thereby forcing the ECM to compensate by increasing the idle speed by 50 rpm. Am I wrong on that?
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #26
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
You bet Mike!! I appreciate the feedback and clarification. Just to be sure before ordering, are there any advantages / additional factors of ordering a "new" versus "reworked" PTB? Otherwise for the $40 savings ($435 versus $395) for the same product and warranty seems like a no brainer. Unless I'm missing something?

Much appreciated brother...
It is actually $435 vs. $275, for when you pay the $395 for the core exchange, you'll be refunded $120 when we receive your stock TB (the core).

The advantage of the new part is that it should (in theory) last longer and that you get to keep your stock TB in case you need to sell your car, or car warranty issues, etc.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #27
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I'm a little confused here. The ECM Learn procedure talks about an idle speed of 650 rpm +/- 30 rpm. Yet the stock tune sets the target idle speed at 600 rpm for a fully warmed up engine under normal driving conditions. It looks to me like your TB is just letting more air in at idle thereby forcing the ECM to compensate by increasing the idle speed by 50 rpm. Am I wrong on that?
Sorry, all that applies to Corvettes 7's in which the automatics idle at 650 and the manual at 600. What's your car?

Our TB's do not change the idle speed at all. That is for sure.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #28
SHE'Z 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
It is actually $435 vs. $275, for when you pay the $395 for the core exchange, you'll be refunded $120 when we receive your stock TB (the core).

The advantage of the new part is that it should (in theory) last longer and that you get to keep your stock TB in case you need to sell your car, or car warranty issues, etc.
Thanks Mike, I was actually thinking I would just pick up the Reworked version and keep my stocker. That's where I was coming up with the $395/$40 values. Good point on the new parts. Much appreciated sir