Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #197
Techdude99

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
The OP has started the process for a legal remedy so we'll probably hear from him once it's resolved.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #198
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
From what are you drawing your conclusion that this is "fake news" (whatever that means in this context) from the fact that the OP logged in but didn't post in this thread? Maybe he didn't have an update. Maybe he is refraining from posting while the legal process takes place. Maybe he didn't feel like posting today. He doesn't owe you a post. At any rate, again, how does his absence of a post today equate to "fake news?" I think you've been watching too much TV.
You made me laugh. Thanks for that. I was just asking. That’s all.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #199
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
The fact that the majority automatically ASSUME neglegence is disturbing.

Ted.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #200
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Ted.

Agree.

If I owned the dealership I'd refuse to work on heavily modded cars/trucks.
Not worth the hassle.
30+ years as a mechanic.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #201
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:

Ted.
Most of us have had enough actual experience with dealer "service" that it's more 'educated assessment' than 'assumption'.

What's really disturbing is that so many dealer service departments so often screw up something as simple as an oil/filter change, and I'm not talking about the subject of this particular thread...
Old 06-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #202
racer01

Drives: 19' ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Most of us have had enough actual experience with dealer "service" that it's more 'educated assessment' than 'assumption'.

What's really disturbing is that so many dealer service departments so often screw up something as simple as an oil/filter change, and I'm not talking about the subject of this particular thread...

I agree. Its sad but true. I have owned 50+ cars and I am a hack mechanic and dealerships have royally screwed up way more of my cars than I have...and with my mechanical ability that is really saying something.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #203
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:

Ted.
Agreed. When you mod you need to be prepared for stuff to break. Even then, stuff doesn’t always break where or when you might expect. I once had a significant amount of mods added to an already heavily modded 2005 GTO by an outstanding high performance shop. On my way home an aftermarket part failed that was completely unrelated to any work that shop had done. I modded, stuff broke. The shop covered the expense of repair although I did not expect them to. Even I understood the part failure was unrelated and could not be predicted. Fortunately it was not a significant expense, and I understood full well they did me a favor as a long time customer. Had it been a catastrophic failure, I would have never expected any such courtesy. Stuff breaks when you mod. I am not saying that there was not negligence here. We all may never know. But FWIW, stuff breaks when you mod and assuming a dealer is responsible without tangible proof is an inaccurate way of analyzing this.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
Old 06-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #204
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:

Ted.
It is, but I get where it comes from.

In a dealership, time is money. When techs are paid by book hours, the only real way to make any money is to beat the book time. More cars in means more money.

Yes, the guys doing oil and lube are the green peas. Like anything else, they have to work their way up. Some are good, and some aren't. The good ones don't stay in express for long.

For the past few years, much to my chagrin, I have had to do oil changes via credit card vs wrench, can't do that stuff in my apt complex. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues. The dealership I use sells a fair amount of performance cars, and they seem to know what they're doing.

But the automotive industry, dealerships especially, have made this reputation on themselves. They're more worried about getting paid than actually fixing the car. Someday, they will learn that they will make more profit thinking the other way around.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #205
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
I had no concerns taking my car to the dealership for its first oil change at 1500 miles (I took delivery in Tennessee and drive it to my new home in Colorado). However, a few hundred miles after the service appointment I happened to have the car up on my 4 post lift and I noticed a thin film of oil on the oil filter. I grabbed a shop to clean it off. The filter spun easily about a half turn in my fingertips. It wasn’t even close to hand tight.

If you must use the dealership, give yourself some peace of mind by checking their work. Don’t just assume it’s good.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #206
Cake's Z

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I had no concerns taking my car to the dealership for its first oil change at 1500 miles (I took delivery in Tennessee and drive it to my new home in Colorado). However, a few hundred miles after the service appointment I happened to have the car up on my 4 post lift and I noticed a thin film of oil on the oil filter. I grabbed a shop to clean it off. The filter spun easily about a half turn in my fingertips. It wasn’t even close to hand tight.

If you must use the dealership, give yourself some peace of mind by checking their work. Don’t just assume it’s good.
This 100 percent. Took mine in for the first oil change. They looked at me like I was crazy as I crawled under the car in the parking lot! Seen it too many times, loose filters/drain plugs, not removing filter oring, filler cap missing.....
2015 TRD Tundra (traded)
2014 Subaru WRX (traded)
2000 Z28 (sold)
1970 GMC 1500 (stolen)
2017 YXZ1000 (sold)
Old 06-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #207
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Kind of doubt you will... seen this too many times on here.

Prove me wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
So was this all fake news? The OP hasn’t responded but has logged in here. ��

Quote:

Ted.
Seen this too many times too.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #208
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
If the issue was coincidental and not dealership being the cause, it is unlikely we will hear anything else on the matter.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
Old 07-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #209
palindrome-1H

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Man what a tease of a thread. Who needs drama TV?
Old 07-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #210
Muskiehunterman
Camaro Time

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS/1LE
File Complaint, ask to have it escalated.

File a complaint with GM Regional, and ask to have it escalated. Get case number, and at your meeting with General Manager Inform him you have an escalated complaint filed with General Motors and would like to hear their take on things. Don’t divulge this before your meeting. This will allow you to go from the sheep to the wolf. I went through this 2 months ago, and got a favorable outcome. The escalated complaint bomb made them wave the white flag and stand behind their products and services

Closed Thread