Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-01-2020, 12:14 AM   #1
Onwthn

Drives: Camaro SS
Help finding parts

I have a 2018 Buick Regal Tourx I have some mods a 72 mm turbo Front mount intercooler with 2.5in piping all the way to the 62 mm Camaro throttle body BNR tuning BNR recirculating valve 3 inch catless downpipe full 3 inch exhaust No muffler no resonator Injecting 70% methanol soon to have stage III cams installed by the 25th hopefully Anyway I have two questions can our intakes be ported and polished or are they fully plastic and if so where can I get that done question 2 anybody make a exhaust header For these cars Any help would be greatly appreciated
Onwthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I believe our intakes are all plastic and I've read a couple people saying they flow pretty decent for a stock unit. As for a header, a couple guys made their own setups to run other turbos but the performance shops have yet to bring anything to market.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
V8Bully

Drives: 2016 ATS LTG
Nope. Exhaust manifold needs to be custom made...no point if your just running a turbobay upgrade. Stock intake helps make good torque with the long runners. If you want a custom intake and manifold, plan on doing a turbo swap, engine build and some major fuel modifications from this point if you want to run ethanol....which is probably your current limiting factor in making more reliable power. The manifold could be ported, but again, why spend all that money for such little gains?

Here is what I think you should do:
I would just stop now and not put the cams in unless your ready to build the engine fully. I promise you, if the stock block blows and you need to buy another set of cams you will be disappointed. I would wait until someone releases a bigger fuel cam lobe. The current stg III is even pretty small imo and you could just buy a stock cam set and have a machine shop custom grind them just for fueling. The stock cam tables on most tunes are not even touched at all and the stock cams are pretty capable, the limiting factor being the fuel lobe if you want to run ethanol. You have some nice mods and should be making great power in a Front-engine, AWD, 5-pass, 4-door wagon.
V8Bully is offline   Reply With Quote