Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
HALLTECH CAI INSTALLED

Installed the Halltech cai on Wednesday. Only took an hour.No instructions but easy and straight forward, also had help from a thread here. One thing I did was instead of cutting the plastic pcv line to the intake tube so it would fit into the rubber hose with the kit, I cut a larger dia hose pc that the plastic line with the fitting attached could slip into and also the rubber line from the kit would also. Worked perfectly and oem line intact.
Initial 15 miles car felt better, easier off the line and accelerated more smoothly, will see after the ecu relearns the new setup.Not much sound, a bit more rumble but exhaust hides most of it.Later will paint the tube gloss black and the box red.
More pics in my journal thread also.
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Congrats! I also have Halltech
I dont want to highjack your thread but here is mine painted.

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
Congrats! I also have Halltech
I dont want to highjack your thread but here is mine painted.

Nice!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Nice flames.

I've had mine for 2yrs now and love it. Jim is a great guy to work with.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Congrats Baron and it looks great!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Congrats Baron and it looks great!
Thanks !
Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Nice flames.

I've had mine for 2yrs now and love it. Jim is a great guy to work with.
Yes he is.
I made a little change to mine. Got rid of the plastic line to the cai rubber hose. Changed out both with a section left over from my catch can. runs from the breather mount on the tube and under the cover to the main metal tube. Much cleaner
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I have the same one. The filter hits the hood blanket and has caused damage to it because it sticks up above the air box. Might want to check yours as it looks like it's going to do the same thing as mine. don't know what I'm going to do to fix it yet. Still overseas. Other than that, I think it's a great intake. Congrats.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Awesome Rick! Looks clean and classy. Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I have the same one. The filter hits the hood blanket and has caused damage to it because it sticks up above the air box. Might want to check yours as it looks like it's going to do the same thing as mine. don't know what I'm going to do to fix it yet. Still overseas. Other than that, I think it's a great intake. Congrats.
You need to re-check your install. I've had mine for about 2 yrs now. My filter has never touched the insulation. I can see an imprent of the box in the insulation but that's it.

OP....you should paint the Halltech on the tube either Red, Silver, or Yellow. I did yellow for Yellow Jacket. I used a $6 paint pen from a hobby store.

Also, I'm being picky but I personally notice these kind of things. Take off your filter, flip the clamp so the screw is on the other side. Push it down as far as you can go and still reach it with a screw driver. Basically move it so it can't be seen. Same with the filter. Rotate it 180 so the metal strip in underneath and you don't see it.

Next up....you need to add an ADM scoop and do a water bottle relocation.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=halltech
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
Thanks!. I checked the box contact with the hood by chocking the seal to be sure I had complete contact with the hood and was perfect. No imprint, just enough to leave a chock outline on the pad. I bring it up also as the top of the filter base, the highest point of the filter where it connects to the tube is just lower then the seal and doesnt touch the hood pad so all good.

I did have to bend the mount bracket that attaches the box to the threaded rod a little, just to keep it forced down as far as it would go. The front pops up alittle but thats due to tolerances in where they put the hole for the tube to pass through.Cant go down any more as the filter end rests on the splash gaurd, but the hood closed takes care of that.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You need to re-check your install. I've had mine for about 2 yrs now. My filter has never touched the insulation. I can see an imprent of the box in the insulation but that's it.

OP....you should paint the Halltech on the tube either Red, Silver, or Yellow. I did yellow for Yellow Jacket. I used a $6 paint pen from a hobby store.

Also, I'm being picky but I personally notice these kind of things. Take off your filter, flip the clamp so the screw is on the other side. Push it down as far as you can go and still reach it with a screw driver. Basically move it so it can't be seen. Same with the filter. Rotate it 180 so the metal strip in underneath and you don't see it.

Next up....you need to add an ADM scoop and do a water bottle relocation.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=halltech
Thanks for the reminder,I'm annal also about detail but busy so would have done it eventually. filter turned along with the band. My hose connection runs like yours also, nice and neat. I saw your thread on this and the idea for the name, red or yellow. Scoop will be later with the bottle fom Apex I guess. doesnt look like a lot of room behiand the box for the rotofab one but could be wrong.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Awesome Rick! Looks clean and classy. Enjoy!
Thanks! Will do Aaron.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Looks good Rick.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote