Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-23-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
Crazych66

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
LSA Build Parts List

Hello! OK I think I'm about 99% there for the parts for the LSA build on my LS3. Going with a 6-rib setup.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing besides:
Crank-pin set
Snout plug

ZL1 Lid, gasket, bolts, clips
Bosch intercooler pump
3 bar map sensor part no 12592525
ZL1 oem fuel rails
ZL1 oem heat exchanger
New eaton isolator for LSA supercharger
LSA supercharger, gaskets, and bolts
FIC 850cc injectors
Chevy SS/ZL1 Fuel Pump
ADM FPCM
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs TR7IX # 3690
Intercooler pump harness and brackets
Throttle Body Harness extension
IAT / Maf Breakout Harness
Map Extension harness
Adm Belt Drive System with Tensioner and Idlers (Uses 6 rib serpentine drive system)
6rib belt for 3" pulley
LSA Evap line
Evap Ext harness
LSA ZL1 fuel feed line
ADM Reservoir and bracket

Strut Tower Spacers
IAT 2 Sensor
IAT / Maf Breakout Harness
Map Extension harness
Heater Hose relocation kit
LSA Evap solenoid
Evap Ext harness
ZL1 Brake booster hose
GM Part number 92229653-ZL1 Air Cleaner Outlet Duct for Vararam DRX
2012 Camaro SS Convertible: 2SS, LS3, M6, Triple Black. Mods: Solo Axleback, 1LE FE6 rear swaybar, CAGS delete, Vararam CAI, Heritage grill, Hotchkis springs, '15 FE4 struts/shocks, ZL1 side rockers, Velgen Classic5 wheels, Pedders radius rod bushings, ARH LTHs, gutted HFCs,...
Crazych66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:18 PM   #2
stealth1ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I’m in the planning stage of the same swap.

One thing I don’t see in your list is the intercooler hoses. Some guys just use heater hose, which is fine. I plan on using all the molded ZL1 hoses for a cleaner look. The price is pretty reasonable.

The ZL1 lid should include the IAT 2 and MAP sensors.

Other than that your list pretty much matches mine.

One guy on here said the FPCM is not needed, the fuel pressure ramp up can be done by tuning the one that’s already in the car. I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

I don’t plan on buying the harness extensions, instead I’ll go to the pick and pull, cut some connectors from another car with wiring long enough that I only have to make one splice per wire.

I think I’m gonna swap to the ZL1 torque converter as well. I’m starting to get some light torque converter shudder… might as well take care of that before it gets worse.

What are your plans for tuning? I was considering HP Tuners but I’m not sure I want to spend the the time learning to deal with it myself. May just pay to have it done on a dyno. It’s a daily driver and I plan to leave it as is once it’s working correctly.
stealth1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #3
Johnjack

Drives: Chevy camaro Gen5 V8 SS
Great list. Where did you buy the kit from?
Johnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:20 AM   #4
Crazych66

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1ss View Post
I’m in the planning stage of the same swap.

One thing I don’t see in your list is the intercooler hoses. Some guys just use heater hose, which is fine. I plan on using all the molded ZL1 hoses for a cleaner look. The price is pretty reasonable.

The ZL1 lid should include the IAT 2 and MAP sensors.

Other than that your list pretty much matches mine.

One guy on here said the FPCM is not needed, the fuel pressure ramp up can be done by tuning the one that’s already in the car. I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

I don’t plan on buying the harness extensions, instead I’ll go to the pick and pull, cut some connectors from another car with wiring long enough that I only have to make one splice per wire.

I think I’m gonna swap to the ZL1 torque converter as well. I’m starting to get some light torque converter shudder… might as well take care of that before it gets worse.

What are your plans for tuning? I was considering HP Tuners but I’m not sure I want to spend the the time learning to deal with it myself. May just pay to have it done on a dyno. It’s a daily driver and I plan to leave it as is once it’s working correctly.

Guess I need to pay more attention here. Thanks for the feedback!

My installer will tune with Hp Tuners with a street tune. I may follow up with a dyno tune. I don't daily drive the car or race so either should work. I know there are different opinions here on the tuning route.
2012 Camaro SS Convertible: 2SS, LS3, M6, Triple Black. Mods: Solo Axleback, 1LE FE6 rear swaybar, CAGS delete, Vararam CAI, Heritage grill, Hotchkis springs, '15 FE4 struts/shocks, ZL1 side rockers, Velgen Classic5 wheels, Pedders radius rod bushings, ARH LTHs, gutted HFCs,...
Old 03-07-2024, 10:21 AM   #5
Crazych66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjack View Post
Great list. Where did you buy the kit from?

I purchased the parts form various vendors over the past year to save on cost. I used ADM, R&D Performance, Boost-district, Amazon, private sales, etc.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:30 AM   #6
stealth1ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazych66 View Post
I purchased the parts form various vendors over the past year to save on cost. I used ADM, R&D Performance, Boost-district, Amazon, private sales, etc.
That’s pretty much how I did it too. Used fuel rail from a member here. Used fuel pump I found online. Amazon had the best price on the injectors and supercharger lid, as well as a few small parts. Cooler, hoses, pipes, tensioner, bracket etc all GM. Idler setup from West Michigan Automotive. Griptec pulley straight from ZPE. Summit Racing for a Rotofab intake, crank pin kit and a couple other things. Intercooler reservoir and cap is from a 2020 Silverado 1500 with the 3.0 Diesel, it was about $20.
stealth1ss is offline   Reply With Quote