Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-15-2022, 11:47 PM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
On hot days I'll run the suspension in track. But sometimes the course layout isn't great with how the surface was laid and the car will hop along the high spots. When that happens I'll put the suspension in sport setting. On cooler days I run the suspension in sport and on cold days I run in tour. I always run in track mode for the throttle curve and adjust the suspension as needed. I drive with the steering locked in either tour or sport. Exhaust is always locked in track mode.

I think toe is important. It's not just a high speed stability or tire wear thing. adding more rear toe in can help keep the rear of the car in check when applying power in the corner. When I added more toe in on the rear last time, it made a noticeable difference in how early I could get on the throttle. But I still had to be reserved. I want to be able to use a bit more throttle on corner exit without fighting oversteer. The DSC controller was good in that regard as I could reduce compression to get more traction but they were not real helpful with some of the settings. And their latest base file made for some slow transitions. Like seriously losing time in the slaloms. So either I need to go with bigger bars or rent some data acquisition equipment and measure the mA the GM uses in track mode so I can adjust the file to suit me more.

I got into NMCA once, my first time trying. Then never again. Maybe I'll just pop down there some time and bug Robert. As much as I like the SCCA events and my friends there, I want to drive against quicker people so I have motivation to go quicker. And the no work thing is nice too.
I agree with your suspension inputs. What I do as well, though I have not gotten around to try the shocks in tour on a cold day. And in kali that won’t happen for the nmca schedule at all nothing but 75 degrees on up..lol I to run sport mrc in the morning when cool and is about a 1/4 second faster then track race. But in the heat track race is faster by about the same. I do need to run throttle in track more as it was in sport.
Leaving rear toe to 9/64” as it is now. All I can get and keep camber to -1.5, best it is, more of one the other will suffer.
The nmca guys are getting faster and faster, modern muscle class for our cars is one big cam c of 20-30 cars. I can’t keep up and been doing all nmca events since Rob started the series. Cars all modded and I just have a bar and sq re71s.Most now are mustangs with very fast drivers . We are losing camaro folks. I agree with driving with fast drivers, they keep me pushing. I am older and slower but have cut the lead my zle friend with 315 falcons has over me to a second. That’s good for me..lol
On tickets, I have a friend who sold his car and has a season pass with last five events on it he is selling. It may still be available if you are interested
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:44 PM   #16
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I have a friend who sold his car and has a season pass with last five events on it he is selling. It may still be available if you are interested
I'd go for that.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #17
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I agree with your suspension inputs. What I do as well, though I have not gotten around to try the shocks in tour on a cold day. And in kali that won’t happen for the nmca schedule at all nothing but 75 degrees on up..lol I to run sport mrc in the morning when cool and is about a 1/4 second faster then track race. But in the heat track race is faster by about the same. I do need to run throttle in track more as it was in sport.
Leaving rear toe to 9/64” as it is now. All I can get and keep camber to -1.5, best it is, more of one the other will suffer.
The nmca guys are getting faster and faster, modern muscle class for our cars is one big cam c of 20-30 cars. I can’t keep up and been doing all nmca events since Rob started the series. Cars all modded and I just have a bar and sq re71s.Most now are mustangs with very fast drivers . We are losing camaro folks. I agree with driving with fast drivers, they keep me pushing. I am older and slower but have cut the lead my zle friend with 315 falcons has over me to a second. That’s good for me..lol
On tickets, I have a friend who sold his car and has a season pass with last five events on it he is selling. It may still be available if you are interested

did don sell it yet or just selling his pass? lol
Old 02-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
did don sell it yet or just selling his pass? lol
The car? Yes it’s sold
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #19
kropscamaro16