Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #15
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Other countries have some strange laws, here in Oregon usa we can drive a rusted out shit box, duct tape, bucket for a seat, and nobody bats an eye. heck i even disable my air bags cause i'm afraid they will go off if I'm doing donuts, or burnout.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #16
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
Other countries have some strange laws, here in Oregon usa we can drive a rusted out shit box, duct tape, bucket for a seat, and nobody bats an eye. heck i even disable my air bags cause i'm afraid they will go off if I'm doing donuts, or burnout.
The last of my High School years were in Eugene....... You can do a lot of things in Oregon you can do in the rest of the world, LOL
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #17
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
those are actually kind of cool and want those for tracking my car haha
If the texture would have matched the ACS rock guard, I would have kept them and cut the top of the rock guard to match the over fender. But the texture was very rough with a matte finish and the ACS Rock Guard are smooth with a shinier finish.

I'm not upset about the ACS product, it's a fantastic product. It fits like it's from the factory. Just too bad it didn't match. And now I need to find a fix for this open space inside my wheel well.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #18
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I just checked. The rear IS folded flat. I can’t see up there as I don’t have my car in the air but when I felt up there I can feel the seam sealer. From the edge of the Center of the fender, to when that inner fender liner starts, it’s about 1.5 inches. I can feel that seam sealer before the liner. Actually now I think they haven’t cut anything and it’s just that way from the factory.
Maybe take a measurement from where the liner starts to the edge of the fender in the Center of the wheel opening, just above the top of the tire. If it measure about 1.5 inch I would say it’s exactly the way it walked off the assembly line.
Unless my car is missing something but I doubt it.
too bad you can't get a camera in there to take a pic (you have a 5 year old, LOL). Maybe there is just a piece they tossed that I now don't have. I'm going to have to check and see if I can find some drawings or schematics from Chevy. Thanks for letting me know that yours is folded too.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #19
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Honestly I bet that what you see there in the fender is what you get out of the plant in Lansing Michigan. In your fifth picture you posted, it’s from inside the wheel well aiming at the fender edge as well as the liner there. When I zoom in I can see the seam sealer. Having worked in an automotive assembly plant as well as being a licensed mechanic for 25 years I’m willing to bet that the company just epoxied those pieces in place of where that gap is.
I hope I’m not coming across as argumentative but from what I felt and the picture I’m looking at, I’d bet that’s exactly the way it is from the factory whether we like it or not.
I live in an area where we use salt on roads when freezing temps come around. Thankfully I don’t drive mine during the season of salting. I would have the same concerns as yourself if I did. But hey if it bugs you about a gap that is there from the factory, yeah maybe try to find a solution. Seam sealer is some pretty strong stuff though.
If you do come up with something please post it up.
Again your car looks great. Nice colour choice
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #20
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Honestly I bet that what you see there in the fender is what you get out of the plant in Lansing Michigan. In your fifth picture you posted, it’s from inside the wheel well aiming at the fender edge as well as the liner there. When I zoom in I can see the seam sealer. Having worked in an automotive assembly plant as well as being a licensed mechanic for 25 years I’m willing to bet that the company just epoxied those pieces in place of where that gap is.
I hope I’m not coming across as argumentative but from what I felt and the picture I’m looking at, I’d bet that’s exactly the way it is from the factory whether we like it or not.
I live in an area where we use salt on roads when freezing temps come around. Thankfully I don’t drive mine during the season of salting. I would have the same concerns as yourself if I did. But hey if it bugs you about a gap that is there from the factory, yeah maybe try to find a solution. Seam sealer is some pretty strong stuff though.
If you do come up with something please post it up.
Again your car looks great. Nice colour choice
You're not argumentative.... It seems everybody is almost over polite on here, LOL. Listen, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I don't mind being told so. I was in the Marines; people have to say something about my kids or my Mom to get under my skin, LOL. Actually, I like, but don't like, what you're telling me. I like that you're telling me that the car is prepared that way, but I also don't like it. I will make something to keep the weather outside of the liner. I'd really like to see picks from other people's rides to see what the inside of there's looks like. But either way, I want to come up something. My car will be on a lift shortly for it's 2nd oil change and I'd like to have a solution in mind so I can try it out.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #21
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I will say that what I feel is the inner liner on my car felt tight to the inner fender. I can’t tell if they maybe cut a half an inch or more off of your inner liner. It’s quite possible.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #22
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
I will say that what I feel is the inner liner on my car felt tight to the inner fender. I can’t tell if they maybe cut a half an inch or more off of your inner liner. It’s quite possible.
Well, if what is a little trough on Camaros is a crease instead (makes sense for bigger tires), then they probably did cut the liner. Which means, all I need to do is buy a new liner. Now, how to get it here in decent shape. Either that or I make a Protective overlapping piece that adheres to the inside of the wheel well. Lets check option one first. Let's see if can ship 2 new liners here. Thanks to everybody for their input.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:06 AM   #23
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
You could get some new inner wheel liners and the Z06 Corvette fender flares to put on and still meet the requirements for covering the wheels.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:49 AM   #24
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
You could get some new inner wheel liners and the Z06 Corvette fender flares to put on and still meet the requirements for covering the wheels.
There isn't any requirement here in Thailand where I imported the car to. But I bought the car from Australia where Holden Specialty Vehicles bought 1000 Camaros from GM and made them comply with Australian road rules to include making the Camaro RHD, over-fenders, etc. But now that I removed the over fender I have an unprotected gap in the wheel well.