#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #29
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
We would test drive, but pretty much after talking with the prospect enough to feel we had a serious, capable buyer. In which case, we were happy to oblige. The only thing I can really think of as to why a dealer would outright refuse a test drive for a capable buyer would be the mileage factor.

I ran into a different reason for not allowing test drives back in 1999. Went to the local dealership where I was stationed in Georgia to test drive the new Cobra. The sales guy said they don't allow the new Cobras to be driven because "the serious customer knows what they're getting". Went to the manager, he said the same thing, earnest money or no drive. Found out later that Ford dealerships knew the 99 Cobra was the biggest performance flop ever, probably why no drives
Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #30
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
You shouldn’t have to go through that. Dealers should care about YOUR car.

Well to me that,s how you build a GOOD business relationship with some one.

But I am a blue collar person make my money by the hour so I look at financial things differently.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #31
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
Well to me that,s how you build a GOOD business relationship with some one.

But I am a blue collar person make my money by the hour so I look at financial things differently.
So what are you saying?
Old 05-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #32
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I've had good and bad from either buying a vehicle or taking it in for service.

For buying:
I bought a 06 GTO from a dealer and had good experiences at all the dealers I went to. I looked at buying a 2006 Jeep SRT8 and the 1 dealer I went to, the sales person treated me like a young punk. Yes I was young but I had a steady paying job but that turned me off and looked at the GTO instead
After that, I was looking at a 2012 Camaro SS and 5.0. The Chevy dealer gave me the keys and said take it for a spin. While the Ford dealer wouldn't even let me look inside the car! You'd think a married couple, looking for buy a car that they would treat you better. It seems not.
I went to a BMW dealer, the sales person listened and showed me the cars and asked if I wanted to test drive one (a 2012 135i) and away we went and that's what I bought.
The wifes 2010 Camry and our 2013 Tundra went pretty much the same. When I got the ZL1, I knew what I wanted and picked a dealer. The salesman was great and experience was great.
For service:
The Toyota service department has always been great. Only went to 1 dealer.
The BMW service department has always been great. Only went to 1 dealer.
The Chevy service department has been ok. ! dealer forgot to tighten the oil drain plug on my 06 GTO. Other than that, it's been great. The dealer I take my ZL1 to has the oil change and tire changing station out in the open and next to the waiting area so you can see whats going on. Plus the 1 tech I talked to says his boss has all his people go through any and all training that they need for the vehicles they service. Like the ZL1 or Z06.

Anyways, like it's been said. It's always the area you're in and you have to talk around then find which is the best place to go. Dealers need to have a standard across the board so that you get the same experience no matter where you go. But that's not the case a majority of the time.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #33
Hell Raiser
To fast is not enough

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro & 2020 CT5-V Turbo
Some are good and bad. If not GM certified look some where else.
Hell Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #34
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Not going to a dealer, make sure you keep all receipts if you do it yourself, OR have another place do it..if something fails you have a paper trail that way.