Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #29
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
The 18 mustang may have 3000 hp and it will still look like absolute shit. They f'ed up this refresh so bad that the ugly will outshine whatever performance they can find. The mustang sticking point was that the Camaro cost more so it should be faster. well if they think they are going to get all these new bells and whistles and not pay a mint, they are crazy.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #30
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
They'll have to beef up the Mustang A LOT for the 2018 model year GT to even compete with the Camaro SS. I suspect they'll try to beat our HP numbers but they won't beat our torque numbers with the 5.0. Plus based on the OP's dyno numbers, even if they claim 475 HP with the 2018 GT, it may very well dyno less than our cars do with 455 HP. Even if they get say 475 HP out of it, that means they have to squeeze 40 more HP out of a 5.0 that's already squeezed pretty tight, that's nearly 10% more HP they're going to have to find.

A guy I work with has a '16 GT and said the 2018's will have 500 HP, but no way Ford is going to let the GT get so close their holy grail GT350's 526HP. I suspect the 2018 GT will have slightly higher HP ratings than the 6th Gen Camaro with less torque and worse dyno results.
I'd imagine the new mustang would be very close to the V8 found in the Lexus RC-F; Hitting near 460ish-475ish HP with a high(er?) revving V8. I have a hunch that the majority of the power will be found in the higher end of the power band and it'll likely lose some torque in the process. I would hate to drive a "muscle" car where I'll have to rev the balls out of it all the time. Wonder what kind of modding capabilities they'd have after that, even the current 5.0 really has the only choice of FI for more powah.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote