Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Hyper Blue vs Mosaic Black w/stripe

Looking for some takes on these two color choices. Some background though. Online looking at photos, I was mainly interested in the Hyper Blue and Garnet Red. I saw the Hyper Blue in person, but not any other interesting colors; that is, until this weekend. I saw the Garnet Red, and was very disappointed. I thought it was going to be closer to the Corvette's Long Beach Red Metallic. That color is much deeper and darker red, but the Garnet Red unfortunately didn't go that far. I do not like white or silver cars, so those were out. The Velvet Blue just wasn't for me. So, that led me to the Hyper Blue. Then while I was on the dealer lot this weekend, I saw the Mosaic Black and was very pleasantly surprised. Unlike Cadillac's Metallic Black, it didn't have a grayish tint to it. Instead, it had just the right amount of metal in the paint that it only subtly changes its hue. Am I wrong about this, Mosaic Black owners?

I've had black cars in the past (my first new car was a Buick Grand National which ONLY came in black). I get that it's hard to clean but living in Florida, I've generally strayed from black cars due to the heat. However, the dealer had one on the lot that obviously hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time and I'm not so sure I want to commit to worrying every day about how I'm going to keep it clean. Am I overthinking this part of it?

I saw a poll on here and Hyper Blue seems to be very popular. That scares me. One of the reasons for getting the Hyper Blue, other than its obvious beauty, is what I thought was going to be a rarer car. Granted I think I've only seen one on the streets so far, but I'm worried it will become too popular. Black, on the other hand, is always popular, but I must say the Mosaic Black I'm also attracted to.

I'm open to any thoughts from owners of either color. Also, as my title stated, I want to put the factory stripe on it, in white. I much prefer the center one, not the rally stripe, but wouldn't necessarily rule it out if a dealer had a perfect match otherwise. I've seen it on both color cars and it looks gorgeous. Since I will probably be ordering a 2017 (yes I know Hyper Blue will cost more then), the white stripe with the Ceramic white interior will look incredible on either one.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
Mosaic black: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420579

Hyper Blue: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408977

Here are the two color threads for what you are looking at for you to browse. As you can see blue is very popular as you said since it is a new color and will be a premium color next model year.

Personally I am looking at hyper blue myself with some black vinyl.

I have yet to see a 16 Camaro on the road, only have seen them on the dealer lot or on a truck on the highway on the way to be delivered.
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Those threads help but looking for opinions. Any advice/opinions? Should point out that I posted in the General forum but admin moved it here so it may not get as much response as I was seeking.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Look at the MB in person before you decide. Seems like it was the most prone to paint problems. There are a few threads on the color. It also will look dirty in nothing flat. I looked at one a few months ago, you could tell it had been recently detailed but just sitting out on the dealers lot overnight it showed dirt like crazy. HBM is popular bc it's one of the best looking choices, get what you personally like and don't worry about how many others may be out there in that color.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
I don't understand these posts. Buy what YOU like. You're the one who has to live with it..
Old 04-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Ya it's more about what you like. Everyone I show it too loves the black wife included, but scroo them i'm driving it i'm getting the blue! lol
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote