Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
SS Life
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
18 Mustang GT Active Exhaust vs Camaro Active Exhaust

The new Mustang got their new active exhaust and I spotted one and was able to get him to rev it. It honestly sounds pretty good compared to the old stock exhaust's that the Mustang has but a stock SS with a fuse pull, does sound better and a little louder imo. What do you guys think?

SS Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #2
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
What a whimpy rev...not your fault, but I think even breaking the car in he coulda rev'ed it a little more lol. And the camaro, from what I've seen in this vid is way better. I have nothing against mustangs but dam she looks ugly as sin to me as well.

Can't wait to catch one in the wild to see what they got.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I agree the new exhaust note does sound a little better than the 17 GTs. I like where Ford is going with the new Mustang upgrades.

I'm hoping for a GT500 to come, let's see what Ford can do to compete with the ZL1 1LE.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:48 AM   #4
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
And the camaro, from what I've seen in this vid is way better. I have nothing against mustangs but dam she looks ugly as sin to me.

+1.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
From what I could hear from the video, it does sound pretty good.

Of course, gonna need to hear one in person to get a solid handle on how much of an improvement it is over the current GT.

The exhaust note of the '17 GT and '16 SS (non-NPP) I've driven are pretty disappointing. OTOH, I've made the mistake of overtaking slower traffic under an overpass in my Scat Pack with a rather generous application of the accelerator, gaining the attention of local law enforcement. Didn't get ticketed, but the officer had a hard time believing my exhaust was stock...

Quote:
What a whimpy rev...not your fault, but I think even breaking the car in he coulda rev'ed it a little more lol.
I believe the Mustang in the video was an automatic. Probably has a rev limiter to keep it under a certain RPM while in park or neutral. My A8 Scat Pack won't rev over 4K rpm if it's in park or neutral .

Found this video of a manual '18 GT with active exhaust, cycling through the different settings...

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)

Last edited by antimatr; 09-15-2017 at 10:10 AM.
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
What a whimpy rev...not your fault,
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
I believe the Mustang in the video was an automatic. Probably has a rev limiter to keep it under a certain RPM while in park or neutral. My A8 Scat Pack won't rev over 4K rpm if it's in park or neutral .
Yep, if it's an auto car, most won't free rev like a manual.. Not even Camaros. Neither my A8 or A10 Camaro will rev up beyond a certain point in Park or in Neutral.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #7
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Wow not going to lie. That sounds pretty ****ing good out the factory. But I prefer the lower pitch crackling from our Camaros. Maybe because I own it

I find the 2018 stangs are very hit and miss on certain pieces. Love the full digital cluster. Hate the little ugly dial for the head lights. Center console is very meh, looks like someone threw in an aftermarket deck and called it a day. Sounds great. Looks ugly though. Performance we shall see.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018 mustang camaro active exhaust