Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2022, 06:56 AM   #1
Rob3D

Drives: Car
DD’s and non-DD’s. Do you consider yourself more of car shower or a car driver?

I’ve transitioned from shows and cruise-ins to doing a lot more driving. I still go to a cruise in once in a while, but I’ve found myself enjoying the relaxation of a nice drive through the country on my own time much more often.

So…not counting commuting, who prefers nice long drives vs. going to shows? Of course you can do both but do you have preference?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:12 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Well with the price of gas right now I rather go and sit down at a show lol but without worrying about the cost of gas I think I would rather be driving my car on a cruise of some sort.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:38 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Since I bought a daily for work I barely drive the Camaro anymore so its always a treat on a nice day to take her out. Like, its gonna rain the rest of the week here but its nice today so I took it to work. I do enjoy showing the car as well. I got a nice little trophy wall growing in the apartment that is slowly annoying the wife lol. I just remind her that she's probably jealous because there are no trophies on that shelf for her bone stock Altima lol

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:57 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
It’s all about the driving, imho. Its not my DD. It’s out to the countryside, rural areas and enjoy!
Old 04-04-2022, 08:12 AM   #5
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I like to cruise solo on nice cool nights just listening to music and the exhaust and just enjoying the ride and doing pulls. And I also enjoy riding with the people at Camaros and coffee and taking over a highway. I’ll stop at a meet and check out other cars but I can only do thy for so long.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Me? I kinda like splitting it up all the time. I really love to get in my baby, start her up and just listen to and feel the awesome power, here the sound of the cam rockin and rollin, and exhaust. Then to get out and just cruise around by myself and enjoy the fruits of all the hard work and TLC that I put into her is just satisfying to eternity!! Plus she turns heads everywhere we go, that's cool!! Then when there is a show I want to attend here, and there are plenty, we will go and sit and chat with all the "cool" car people and just chill out!! Well worth every minute of it al!!
Old 04-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I tend to do both, I am planning on putting a super charger in my car. There is a group of us Camaro owners that rent a track out for a day and i plan to do that. I also do street track her locally. But then I do car shows that are close by and cruise ins. I mainly do those for the kids since I embraced the bumblebee theme.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #8
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
both.i like driving,preferably to the beach,and car shows are good but not more than once a week.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #9
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
DRIVER! Got the 2LS for daily transpo. The Z/28 for late night entertainment. I took the Z to a cars and coffee and most people either didn't know what it was or didn't care. I'm kinda burned out on the typical car show format anyhow. Not that there's anything wrong with '50s doo wop and root beer floats but I prefer to see the cars being pushed to their limits. When I want to check out other people's rides I'll walk the paddock areas at Auto X or Road Course events. Staging areas at the drags are cool too!
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #10
ABM2SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6 ABM
Since I have put 263,000 Miles on it, I'd say it's a driver. But I do park it for the Winter.
ABM2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #11
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
I think cleaned up i could do both but mine is more of a garage queen that i take out once in a while
Old 04-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #12
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I’m a mixture between the two. I LOVE to drive my Camaro, but I enjoy the social aspect of car shows as well. I’ve always said, my Camaro is the only vehicle I’ve done a 19 hour road trip in and immediately wanted to get back in and go for a drive. I drove from St. Louis, MO to central Pennsylvania and back in just over a weekend after getting my cam and I have to say that it was even more fun than before. Of course the tunnels along the PA turnpike were A LOT more fun with a cam to play the music of our people in.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #13
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM2SS View Post
Since I have put 263,000 Miles on it, I'd say it's a driver. But I do park it for the Winter.
The fact that you park her for the winter makes the 263K even more incredible.
Congrats!!!
Old 04-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #14
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
This is whats great about cars. You can have passion for driving, wrenching, showing and detailing etc. and generally other enthusiasts appreciate it. Personally I go to car shows or car museums to enjoy the beauty and then hop in my car and play with the cars abilities.

My car gets a couple coats of wax a year and a detail and has scratches dents etc that I dont worry about.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote