Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #1
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
VROOM vs. Carvana

I am considering selling my 2018 ZL1 1LE.

Im the original owner, car has less than 6600 miles on it.
Never tracked.
Michelllin PSP 4s tires with less than 2000 miles on them.
Roto Fab CAI
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Paint protection film on front bumper, hood, fenders, doors and leading edge of roof.
Soler Performance ported throttle body and throttle controller.

I got an offer from Vroom for a little over 60,000. Carvana offered me a little over 46,000 I find the difference in offers very strange.

I have not gone to the dealership to see what they’ll offer me, I plan on going tomorrow.

What kind of offers are you guys seeing out there?

To those of you that have sold or know someone who has sold theirs, what kind of money did you guys get.
Attached Images

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #2
Flytetymex

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I was skeptical about using Vroom when I sold my '19 ZL1 but they were offering me by far the best price at 65K. I believe Carvana was the worse (almost 10 grand less) and CarMax was offering 60 or so. Ive read horrible reviews about buying cars through Vroom but didn't see much on selling so I gave it a shot. It went way smoother than I expected and am not considering using them again to sell my girlfriend's SUV at some point.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Flytetymex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I've sold 2 cars to Vroom over the last year. I've walked a handful of people through selling their cars to Vroom also. No issues to report. Some things can be a little slow, but you can call them and they will always answer and work with you.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #4
Alain

Thank you for the reply fellers.

Carmax wants me to bring the car to one of their locations before they give me an offer. Nearest location is 56 miles away so that’s out of the question.

I guess it’s normal to have such a big difference in offers between Vroom and Carvana. I wish I knew how that’s possible.

Im swinging by the dealership tomorrow to see what they say.

Should I hold the dealership to the Vroom offer? Or is that unrealistic being that Vroom is an online operation compared to a dealership.

I want to be as informed as possible for tomorrow when the dealership starts beating me up with low offers.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 10-21-2021, 09:32 AM   #5
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Thank you for the reply fellers.

Carmax wants me to bring the car to one of their locations before they give me an offer. Nearest location is 56 miles away so that’s out of the question.

I guess it’s normal to have such a big difference in offers between Vroom and Carvana. I wish I knew how that’s possible.

Im swinging by the dealership tomorrow to see what they say.

Should I hold the dealership to the Vroom offer? Or is that unrealistic being that Vroom is an online operation compared to a dealership.

I want to be as informed as possible for tomorrow when the dealership starts beating me up with low offers.
I see no reason why you can't use the VROOM offer for bargaining. That's like price matching for consumer products. If they say they can't match it, that's fine, you lost nothing by telling them about the offer. I would wait until you see what they offer you first though before mentioning the VROOM offer.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
Flytetymex

I don't think anyone will match your vroom offer. Vroom ended up listing my car for 75K which is absolutely crazy. I think it eventually went down to 72 and then the listing vanished (I assume it sold). So they can offer a higher price to you because they are going to ask an exorbitant on the other end.

Old 10-21-2021, 09:35 AM   #7
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
I would think a dealer will offer at least $59K if not over $60K. They can market it for mid/high $60K range, and some dealers in PA were trying for $72-75K for 2019/2020 ZLEs. I feel like here most people were trying to list 2018 ZLEs for $60K range. With winter approaching, prices may be a bit softer than over the summer.

You can definitely leverage the Vroom offer with the dealer but if you're not selling your car as a trade-in, you may not get the same mileage (so to speak).
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:43 AM   #8
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I see no reason why you can't use the VROOM offer for bargaining. That's like price matching for consumer products. If they say they can't match it, that's fine, you lost nothing by telling them about the offer. I would wait until you see what they offer you first though before mentioning the VROOM offer.
This is exactly the way I was going to play my cards tomorrow. Wait for them to make an offer and then hit them with the Vroom offer and see where it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytetymex View Post
I don't think anyone will match your vroom offer. Vroom ended up listing my car for 75K which is absolutely crazy. I think it eventually went down to 72 and then the listing vanished (I assume it sold). So they can offer a higher price to you because they are going to ask an exorbitant on the other end.

When you sold to Vroom Did they give you a check when they showed up to pick up the car?

Or did they wire you the funds prior to pick up?

My concern is that we will agree on the offer. They’ll show up, pick up the car and then a week later I’ll get a notice from them telling me they found some bogus issue with the car and now they’d like some of their money back.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #9
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Has anyone used "Car Buyer USA" I just checked them and the price I got for my 17 ss was higher than anywhere else. $7K more than vroom even.
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #10
Alain

By the way, I just did Kelley Blue Book estimate. Private party sale is between 56k-60k.

I had two local dealers contact me within five minutes of me submitting my info on Kelley Blue Book.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #11
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
Has anyone used "Car Buyer USA" I just checked them and the price I got for my 17 ss was higher than anywhere else. $7K more than vroom even.
I just tried them and they came in at 59,xxx. They didn’t even give me an option to check off for the 1LE package so I’m questioning the accuracy

Vroom is still the top bidder.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #12
Flytetymex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
This is exactly the way I was going to play my cards tomorrow. Wait for them to make an offer and then hit them with the Vroom offer and see where it goes.

When you sold to Vroom Did they give you a check when they showed up to pick up the car?

Or did they wire you the funds prior to pick up?

My concern is that we will agree on the offer. They’ll show up, pick up the car and then a week later I’ll get a notice from them telling me they found some bogus issue with the car and now they’d like some of their money back.
I was worried about that too. I felt really weird signing my cr away and then "hoping" they would send me a check. They send you the check around 3 days after picking up the car (you can have it mailed to you or sent directly to your bank). It was a very long three days but it worked out.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #13
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
It took Vroom over a week to return an offer of 63k for my Z. I went to one dealership before I received the Vroom offer and got 65k. Bring your title ( if you have it paid off) and both keys to show you’re serious. Good luck..
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #14
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Sold my truck to vroom, you get your check sent to you in 3 days and I never heard anything about them finding any issues. Their contractor will show up, take a bunch of pictures and haul it away