Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #29
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I'm not disputing what you're saying but then why does my Camaro have the Track Driving Mode, Track Mode for the NPP exhaust, and removable air deflector pieces. I'm not being argumentative I just really want to know why my Camaro has these options if it's not a 1LE???
Those are all available in all non-1LE SS models......
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #30
Nino8309

Drives: 2018 Summit white 2SS 1LE
Because those options are not 1LE specific.
Nino8309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #31
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I'm not disputing what you're saying but then why does my Camaro have the Track Driving Mode, Track Mode for the NPP exhaust, and removable air deflector pieces. I'm not being argumentative I just really want to know why my Camaro has these options if it's not a 1LE???
Because it's an SS and they all have that.

There is also a "1LE handling package" that be added to the standard SS, but it's not the "SS 1LE" with all the other changes.

Yeah, it is confusing. A10 for the SS 1LE is a 2021 model year option.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:08 PM   #32
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Your Camaro can still be driven on the track since it is an SS, it's just not a 1LE. The 1LE has extra features and details, some of which have already been previously covered by previous posts.

The track driving mode will be available with any Camaro SS and will be used to at least change throttle pedal mapping. If you have NPP or mag ride dampers, those modes (snow, tour, sport, track) will also change the calibration for those features if you have them set to follow the driving mode.

The removable brake deflectors also come with all Camaro SS models without the 1LE package. Those deflectors are used to help get additional brake cooling when you're driving on the track. The 1LE actually DOESN'T come with those deflectors because the brake setup from the factory is already sufficient for track use since the brakes are larger and more capable on the 1LE.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:12 PM   #33
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Because it's an SS and they all have that.

There is also a "1LE handling package" that be added to the standard SS, but it's not the "SS 1LE" with all the other changes.

Yeah, it is confusing. A10 for the SS 1LE is a 2021 model year option.
Thanks, everyone! Now, I feel like an idiot. I've been telling everyone since I got her that she has the Track Package. All of these Chevy options and their naming convention leave a lot to be desired. Man, how confusing.

I guess I'll go correct my info now. Thanks again for your replies. I know a lot about a lot but I've never claimed to know everything. Plus, my salesman told me it had the Track Package and I just assumed it did since I had a Track Mode, the air deflectors, etc. Doesn't make me love her any less as she's fantastic!

Everyone please be well, stay well!

Peace & Progress
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #34
SirJangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
Your Camaro can still be driven on the track since it is an SS, it's just not a 1LE. The 1LE has extra features and details, some of which have already been previously covered by previous posts.

The track driving mode will be available with any Camaro SS and will be used to at least change throttle pedal mapping. If you have NPP or mag ride dampers, those modes (snow, tour, sport, track) will also change the calibration for those features if you have them set to follow the driving mode.

The removable brake deflectors also come with all Camaro SS models without the 1LE package. Those deflectors are used to help get additional brake cooling when you're driving on the track. The 1LE actually DOESN'T come with those deflectors because the brake setup from the factory is already sufficient for track use since the brakes are larger and more capable on the 1LE.
Thank you for the explanation. I'm all for learning more about my Camaro. The resources/people on here are awesome!
Old 04-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #35
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Thank you for the explanation. I'm all for learning more about my Camaro. The resources/people on here are awesome!
I separate the various V8 models out by their OEM tire size, that is pretty unmistakable. It's so cool that these cars can fit such wide rubber from the factory.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #36
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Another way to know for sure is the RPO codes on your build sheet.. A1Y is the 1LE track performance package. Here’s a pic of my build sheet for my SS 1LE..
Attached Images

Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #37
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The 1LE doesn't ship with the air deflectors. That's another indication that it is not a 1LE.

Your car won't have the electronic diff, the PTM modes, or the magenride unless it was optioned.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #38
SirJangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
The 1LE doesn't ship with the air deflectors. That's another indication that it is not a 1LE.

Your car won't have the electronic diff, the PTM modes, or the magenride unless it was optioned.
Thanks! All of my options are listed in My Garage. I took them straight from my sticker.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #39
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Thanks! All of my options are listed in My Garage. I took them straight from my sticker.
The 1LE is a $7000 option all by it self.

Either way you still have a great car that will put a smile on your face every time you push that start button.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Old 04-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #40
SirJangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
The 1LE is a $7000 option all by it self.

Either way you still have a great car that will put a smile on your face every time you push that start button.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Yes, I do! I love her! Most fun car I've ever had and I've had some nice ones!

No 1LE Track Package but she's loaded:

2SS Coupe
10-Speed Automatic Transmission
20" SS 5-Split Spoke Satin Black Wheels
Ceramic White Interior Accent Trim Package
Ceramic White Knee Pads
Ground Effects Package
Infotainment 3 Premium with Navigation
Magnetic Ride Control
NPP Exhaust
Painted Engine Cover
Performance Air Intake
Power Sunroof
Red Hot Fuel Door

Likewise! Be well, stay well!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:57 PM   #41
RotoRocker

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Out of curiosity to kinda take the thread back, is there anyone that has a write up with or without pics of how they have their radar detector hard wired (and/or dashcam, but that is less important and for the future) setup documented?
RotoRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:17 AM   #42
cmfhsu

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
I bought the gen5diy radar harness without the extra dashcam lead: https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...tector-harness

Be aware this installs completely differently from the 16-18 harness - you have to run the cable down the a pillar into the passenger footwell.
cmfhsu is offline   Reply With Quote