Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 05-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #1
chargerjake

Drives: 2017 2LT
Installing SS gauges on V6?

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a Camaro V6 RS down the road, however all the ones I can find at dealers don't have the convenience package installed, meaning they won't come with the screen on the gauges, like the SS has. Does anyone know if the dealer can install the gauges/convenience package, or if it's just a factory installed thing?

(image from another camaro6 user)
chargerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Factory installed as it requires the BCM to have the firmware in it to run the DIC. If you want it then you better order it the way you want it, next to impossible to add it after the sale.

Only 1 person I know of that could maybe add it on afterwards, might try PM'ing GTPrix (Chris White) on here and see if it is possible or not.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Actually if you buy a 2lt, with the rs package it will have the full digital setup.

The 1lt has mechanical fuel and coolant sweep gauges up top. But both yave a lcd screen

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
RayJay75
Z/LS

Drives: 2017 MikaRay Z/LS
I actually bought a 2lt with the rs package it did not come with the gauges seems only vehicles with the convenience lighting package will have them
Old 05-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Always thought this different dash setups were stupid beyond reason. It can't possibly be cheaper to install mechanical gauges and LCD screens mixed in vs just a single lcd screen to display the gauges. Yet the lower trims get the more expensive setup. The cheaper setup is sold as if it was a more expensive addon. Doesn't make fiscal sense, and it simply cheapens the look of the most common trims of the car.

Instead they should have offered the more expensive trims different skins for the dash and obviously the extra gauges/screens for the other drive modes available on some trims but not others.

Just stupid. But what can you expect from a company that put the previous generation car's image on the current car and couldn't manage supporting android auto on one of the two screen sizes available prior to the car's release.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro ss, camaro v6, gauge, screen