Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
chargerjake

Drives: 2017 2LT
Magnaflow Dual Exit for Camaro V6

I've been thinking about doing a dual tip to quad tip conversion for awhile now, those quad tips look amazing. I've been considering the Borla exhaust systems, but they are a little bit out of my price range. I'm trying to keep this as close to $1000 as I can. I stumbled upon the Magnaflow Race series, which I like a lot. Here's a link to that. However, there isn't a quad tip option available on their website; it just says "coming soon." I have no idea how long it's been like that. I contacted a rep there and they said no ETA is available, and if they had to guess 2-3 months. I was digging around for more exhaust options, and on RPI Designs I stumbled upon the Magnaflow Race Series with 4 tips. Here's that link. Does anyone know if this actually exists, or whether it's just a version of the SS exhaust? I really like this sound and I'm hoping they officially release the quad tips soon.

P.S. Does anyone have this exhaust, and does it drone at all (since it's sort of a straight pipe?)

Thanks all!
chargerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
Junito

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Yes Drones between 2500-3k RPMS. Some may like it, others may not. It annoys me and everyone who drives with me.
Junito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
chargerjake

Drives: 2017 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junito View Post
Yes Drones between 2500-3k RPMS. Some may like it, others may not. It annoys me and everyone who drives with me.
Is that just because it's a straight pipe basically?
chargerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I did the 2 to 4 tip swap with a Borla S Type. Trust me, spend the money on the Borla. I have ridden in friends RS's with a muffler delete and a flowmaster and both drone like crazy. They ride in mine and wish they had gone Borla. Not a sales pitch but after a month or two driving it, you will wish you went with no drone.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
I did the 2 to 4 tip swap with a Borla S Type. Trust me, spend the money on the Borla. I have ridden in friends RS's with a muffler delete and a flowmaster and both drone like crazy. They ride in mine and wish they had gone Borla. Not a sales pitch but after a month or two driving it, you will wish you went with no drone.
Lies, flowmaster doesn’t drone at all. I’ve been in both and the flowmaster sounds every bit as good as the borla.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #6
Jayynation

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6L RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junito View Post
I have it as well just installed it yesterday and it does drone and it also annoys me and others. gonna see if adding a muffler helps if not I'm gonna order the s-type borla axle back.
Jayynation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayynation View Post
I have it as well just installed it yesterday and it does drone and it also annoys me and others. gonna see if adding a muffler helps if not I'm gonna order the s-type borla axle back.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Camarolover85; 10-24-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I think it's fair to say, if you don't have a muffler, expect drone.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #9
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
To answer your original questions Jake, that part number (19341) is coming soon, but still under development. As our rep said, there is no exact ETA at this time, but you can use the 'notify when in stock' feature on the product page to receive email updates as they become available. This is our Race series axleback, so it is designed for the most aggressive sound possible. If you wanted something with an aggressive sound but not quite as loud, we would recommend looking at our Competition system, which is basically the same thing but with circular mufflers.

The only thing is the built-in NPP function will not be usable if your Camaro did not come with it from the factory. If there are any other questions we can answer about this kit, please let us know!
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote