Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
BlackSovereign

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Black
Muffler Delete on NPP

Where can I can get a setup/pipes to delete my muffler?
Also, Anyone have soundclips?
Old 01-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Any muffler delete option will work, as long as it has quad tips to fill the rear diffuser, or if you have it done custom / have the muffler delete of your choice modified, you can just have quad tips added afterwards. Any muffler delete V6 will be what your car would then sound like. Youtube has...many now.

Curious, why wouldn't you just get an exhaust controller (if you wanted more noise alone)? Dropping weight I understand 100% though.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
I really wish that they would come out with something like the Hooker Blackheart or Stainless Works aftermarket NPP systems for the V6. They look like they'd be significantly lighter than the stock suitcase muffler, and should sound much better, with the performance mufflers on the normal mode, and straight pipes for the performance mode.

Unfortunately, they only have the V8 NPP, and normal V6 systems available.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
BlackSovereign

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Black
thats so lame. I love the quad-tip look.

Are theyre any extreme options? Why couldnt I use an aftermarket v8 quadtip to replace my v6s?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSovereign View Post
thats so lame. I love the quad-tip look.

Are theyre any extreme options? Why couldnt I use an aftermarket v8 quadtip to replace my v6s?
It may be possible to make the V8 quad tips work, but I'm not sure if the larger diameter pipes, 3" vs. 2.5", will affect the consistent flow of gasses through the exhaust system.

From some of my reading on exhaust systems, it seems to be best to maintain a consistent pipe diameter throughout the entire system. This should help to maintain a steady flow, and should help with the exhaust scavenging effects, as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSovereign View Post
Where can I can get a setup/pipes to delete my muffler?
Also, Anyone have soundclips?
I suggest you seek out sound clips before you proceed with a muffler delete. Many people don't care for the sound of a muffler delete on the V6 when they hear it in person.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I've looked briefly and found a couple of 2.5" SS NPP exhaust options. You could try those. Here is one that I found as soon as I googled it. https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11925.html
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote